: How to change 07 Fog Lights & Replacement Bulb

ChuckTu
03-07-07, 08:43 AM
I haven't taken a look yet (its been way to cold) but was wondering what the process is to change the foglights on the 07 Escalade. Also, does anybody know what the bulb # is and/or have any suggestions for replacements that would better match the HID headlights?

BWatkins
03-07-07, 09:08 AM
The bulb is a 9145 or H10 bulb. DO NOT BUY MODIFIED 9005 BULBS! Keep the wattage low (40W). DO NOT BUY HIGH WATTAGE BULBS! YOU WILL MELT THE HOUSING! Basically, you crawl up under the front bumper, twist the base, pull the bulbs out, replace, and reinsert the base. A 9 year-old can do it.

hcvone
03-07-07, 09:13 AM
You are really never going to get the HID look with regular bulbs. The bulbs are 9145 (you can get a 9005 to fit with making a mod to one of the three tabs, some will fit without moding) you can get 9145 Sylvania SilverStar bulbs, these are whiter than stock. You can also get HID's for them (bulbs and ballast) that fit into the stock lenses. You can get to the bulbs from under the front of the truck, I have changed mine and it only takes a few minutes.

ChuckTu
03-07-07, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the replies...like I said I haven't had a chance to do the once over on the truck yet but it sounds pretty simple (since I'm over 9 yrs old :) )...

I know they will never truly match unless I get HIDs for them but I was just going with a close approximation...since they look so mismatched at this point...I think I'll try a pair of 9145 Silverstars...assuming they are about the same wattage as the stock ones...

yourgmsolutions
03-07-07, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the replies...like I said I haven't had a chance to do the once over on the truck yet but it sounds pretty simple (since I'm over 9 yrs old :) )...

I know they will never truly match unless I get HIDs for them but I was just going with a close approximation...since they look so mismatched at this point...I think I'll try a pair of 9145 Silverstars...assuming they are about the same wattage as the stock ones...

when You done, can You post before and after pics plz ?

ChuckTu
03-07-07, 10:39 AM
when You done, can You post before and after pics plz ?

Sure thing...I'll do one and leave the other one stock and take a pic like that...I'll have to do it once it warms up a bit so I don't have to post embarassing pictures of a dirty Escalade :eek:

medlines
03-07-07, 11:20 AM
hcvone, you installed the 9005s and modified a little bit , but as Bwatkins said that you might melt down the housing because of higher wattage , IS THAT TRUE ?
Because I couldn't find the 9145 and bought the 9005 as you mentioned in other threads , so can you inlight me , I do not want to have trouble with these ones .

thanks.

hcvone
03-07-07, 01:42 PM
I have them in my 1st 07' in Montana, I have had them in since May/June and have about 7k on that truck, I believe they are only 12 or 13 watts higher wattage than the stock bulbs, I cleaned the truck last time there and have been keeping and eye on them, they look like new, no problems. I believe if you used 100 watt bulbs you would have a problem long term.

medlines
03-07-07, 02:32 PM
I bought the Sylvania Silver star ones , I have them in the trunk of the lade now , I didn't check the wattage, I will try to install them tomorrow and to see what modifications should be done on them.
will post some pics afterwards.
thanks

2007 ESCALADE
03-07-07, 03:27 PM
i have a brand new set of piaa xtreme 9005 4000k cool blue that have been mod to fit 07 9145 bulb retail is $80 looking for 55.00 shipped piaa part# 19615

tmclaug1
03-08-07, 12:41 PM
Chuck not to hijack your issue but if you don't mind, I live on the other side of the Hudson (Rensselaer County) and am looking for a dealer for a 08. How did you make out and have you had any service done yet. I don't have the posts so I can't pm you. You can email me if you would tmclaug1@nycap.rr.com. Thanks.

medlines
03-08-07, 03:15 PM
I have changed the bulbs tonight and there is a little difference, but frankly not what I expected like the strong white light, it does still have a slight yellowish light. or maybe I was too tired to have a clear image of the difference, I don't know. will check again tomorrow , now the car is in the garage. the top picture is with the stock bulbs and the bottom picture is with the Sylvania.

hcvone
03-08-07, 03:46 PM
Anything not HID will look yellowish compared to the headlights.

ChuckTu
03-09-07, 09:23 AM
Just picked up a pair myself last night...I might put 'em in this weekend...but yea, they will never match those HIDs...but just from the pictures I think they do look better...or more closely matched...

medlines
03-09-07, 09:46 AM
Off course they do not match the HIDs, but they are whiter than the oem ones, but today during the day I switched on and they look very bright and white, cool I like them. worth the money acquisition .

ChuckTu
03-09-07, 03:10 PM
Off course they do not match the HIDs, but they are whiter than the oem ones, but today during the day I switched on and they look very bright and white, cool I like them. worth the money acquisition .

Good to hear...I think I might just take on the cold so I can change mine...

hcvone
03-09-07, 03:24 PM

They are much better than stock for sure. :)

BWatkins
03-10-07, 12:59 AM
I went euro and replaced mine with yellow 9145's the contrast is a nice touch.