: 2007 Preditor for the 6.2 engine

hcvone
03-06-07, 12:22 PM
Is now working. I put it in yesterday and drove 180 miles since then, it works great and no problems, finally. :)

nofinga911
03-06-07, 01:24 PM
Is now working. I put it in yesterday and drove 180 miles since then, it works great and no problems, finally. :)

how did you get yours to work? i updated to the most recent software and it is still not working???

hcvone
03-06-07, 01:38 PM
They sent the shop I use their latest and of course it did not work, we called them and they updated their home page yesterday, we then did the download and it worked perfect, I believe the date on the latest rev is 2-28-07. Make sure your box says U9174 about the UPC code

sj1400
03-06-07, 01:44 PM
HC,

Did it remove that pesky speed limiter ?
You notice any improvement seat of the pants wise ?

hcvone
03-06-07, 02:00 PM
Speed limiter now at 155, of course you would have to be pushed off a mountain to hit that, twice. Tried it coming home on Rt 33 and it went up to 110 and no engine cutoff. SOTP yes there is a difference, mostly I found the biggest difference was hitting it between gears while moving, shifts are better and it's just smoother to drive with better throttle response all the way thru.

nofinga911
03-06-07, 05:32 PM
wow this is weird I updated this thing with three different software versions so far....i have the latest update and i tried it right after downloading the update and the predator still did not work....but just now i ran out to my car to get the calibration id from it for diablo so they can help me...and it worked!! veryy weird...but I am very pleased...i just hit 120 like it was nothinggg....did anyone adjust any of the parameters?

hcvone
03-07-07, 05:44 AM
I used their performance tune and adjusted a few other things, still playing around, it is snowing here right now so I will have to wait on any other performance changes. :(

403HP
03-07-07, 11:30 AM
Can you program the truck to use the trailer mode button on the shifter to activate the "performance" mode. But when you deactivate the trailer mode the truck goes back to standerd GM program?

nofinga911
03-07-07, 01:22 PM
I used their performance tune and adjusted a few other things, still playing around, it is snowing here right now so I will have to wait on any other performance changes. :(

yes it just snowed last night and the streets are bad by me now....what did you adjust so far?

hcvone
03-07-07, 01:31 PM
I have it written down at the shop, I will be there in the next day or two.

hcvone
03-07-07, 01:32 PM
Can you program the truck to use the trailer mode button on the shifter to activate the "performance" mode. But when you deactivate the trailer mode the truck goes back to standerd GM program?

Not that I know of. I know on some deisel trucks with one type of programmer you can do that

Dif
03-18-07, 08:59 PM
They sent the shop I use their latest and of course it did not work, we called them and they updated their home page yesterday, we then did the download and it worked perfect, I believe the date on the latest rev is 2-28-07. Make sure your box says U9174 about the UPC code

Carl, just guessing but... did you mix up the 7 and 9 ? .. U9174 ..
This info is posted at http://www.concoursdirect.com/disppr20c6ls.html ..
a Diablo distributor.

""Current Revision for the Diablo Predator U7194 is 8R04 (http://www.diablosport.com/downloads/predator/updates/u7194-8r04.crom). It is displayed on all current Predators.""

They show the latest update as of.. 02-28-07 ...
I want to get one and it looks like they have the update all set now but,..
want to make sure I can just get one and it will work.

Any thoughts/info.

hcvone
03-19-07, 07:06 AM
My bad, it's U7194, I just looked at the box, rather than go by memory. :eek:

Est8esq
03-20-07, 10:44 PM

I'm a newbie and found your comments. I'm not even picking up my new '07 until tomorrow and am already looking to buy a programmer.

I found a "preditor" programmer on Ebay for under $300 and believe it's the same UPC code as you've suggested. However, since I'm not buying from a local dealer, is this download for newest flash something I can do? Also, why did you go w/ the Predator vs. something else?

nofinga911
03-20-07, 10:59 PM
I'm a newbie and found your comments. I'm not even picking up my new '07 until tomorrow and am already looking to buy a programmer.

I found a "preditor" programmer on Ebay for under $300 and believe it's the same UPC code as you've suggested. However, since I'm not buying from a local dealer, is this download for newest flash something I can do? Also, why did you go w/ the Predator vs. something else?

yea you can update it yourself via the software from their website...and you will also need the connections to connect it to a computer and power source...radio shack has them....and i had a superchips programmer before and I love the preditor wayy better

Dif
03-20-07, 11:29 PM
I just ordered one and should get it sometime this week.
I went with the Predator because most every post on this forum and, info I found on the web were more postive towards the Predator than other programers.
Also my son just programed his 2002 Tahoe with a Predator and it made a lot of difference. Thing goes real nice now.
Can't wait for mine. :bouncy:

hcvone
03-21-07, 07:04 AM

If you can download things to your computer you can download your Preditor. You can not use another Preditor (it knows the VIN once used) unless the factory reset it, or it was never used by the buyer.

Est8esq
03-21-07, 05:42 PM
Thanks so much guys. I'm going to go ahead and buy one! BTW, my car is coming in from Wheeling tomorrow. Can't wait.

hcvone
03-21-07, 05:46 PM
Thanks so much guys. I'm going to go ahead and buy one! BTW, my car is coming in from Wheeling tomorrow. Can't wait.

What model and color?

EscoZito
08-14-07, 11:50 PM
It sounds like the Predator/Preditor ;) has a host of problems. I will probably get a Superchip just because it seems more comprehensive and reliable.

Dif
08-15-07, 12:34 AM
It sounds like the Predator/Preditor ;) has a host of problems. I will probably get a Superchip just because it seems more comprehensive and reliable.
Certainly not going to try and tell you what to do but these previous posts are Months old and the problem at the time was Minor.
They were released too early and it was just a glitch in the Predator program trying to load since it was for the new 6.2 Engine.
Problem was solved within a week of the release and not a problem what so ever now!
I bought one in March 07 and it makes my 07 EXT run sooo nice I will not go back to the original tune.
The Super Chips are nice but it's a one dimension performance item.
The Predator performance program can be installed and uninstalled in minutes just by plugging the programmer into the computer port under the dash.
It can be uninstalled anytime when needed to bring the vehicle in for maintenance etc and then put back in no problem.
Also, for those that know what to do,.. the Performance program can be adjusted for more power to match up with any personal upgrades such as air intake kits, Exhaust etc.
You can also download newer and different Tunes right from your cumputer with the optional USB adapter.
I highly recommend the Predator.
Again, not telling you what to do but if you check recent info,.. you will find they are highly recommended by everyone that has one.
Good luck what ever you decide.

hcvone
08-15-07, 08:28 AM

I had a few Superchip programmers and there did not work very well, the Preditor had some 6.2 Escalade issues due to the new valve system being different from the GMC's, the Preditor have been working great in my trucks. ;)

nofinga911
08-16-07, 02:08 PM

dont do itt...all the problems on the preditor are fixed except for being able to do a full log straight onto the actual unit...you need to use a pc...but mose people dont even use the logging option...im telling you i had both and the superchip sucks compared to the preditor and ther preditor is cheaper

TSS
08-16-07, 04:23 PM
Ditto. I too have had both. Predator is by far superior. Just got back from a 400 mile vacation, installed the Predator a fews days b4 the trip. Although not a huge increase in gas mileage (19.3 @ 75 MPH, A/C on all the time), the few times I chose to WOT, whoa baby, hold on!

nofinga911
08-16-07, 06:38 PM
Ditto. I too have had both. Predator is by far superior. Just got back from a 400 mile vacation, installed the Predator a fews days b4 the trip. Although not a huge increase in gas mileage (19.3 @ 75 MPH, A/C on all the time), the few times I chose to WOT, whoa baby, hold on!

did you adjust any parameters...cuz i just finished doing a few of mine and "WOW"

medlines
08-16-07, 07:19 PM
did you adjust any parameters...cuz i just finished doing a few of mine and "WOW"

nofinga911 what other adjustments can you do to get better results than the Diablo tune.
I know you can modify other parameters , but am not familliar with it and don't want to do anything stupid. :confused:

TSS
08-16-07, 07:30 PM
NOTHING but speed limiter . Yeah, assuming no other mods, what else can you do?

dzar
08-18-07, 02:57 PM
Anybody who's updated their program have any feedback on fuel economy changes? Better? Worse? No change?

Thanks,
Dave

nofinga911
08-18-07, 03:43 PM
nofinga911 what other adjustments can you do to get better results than the Diablo tune.
I know you can modify other parameters , but am not familliar with it and don't want to do anything stupid. :confused:

i changed my injector slope, my power enrichment for both low and high rpm's, i took my speed limiter off, and i adjusted my speed calibration. But I mean not every car is the same I was able to make those changes because at WOT my AFR is 12.3, and O2's are .92 to .93 etc..

hcvone
08-20-07, 06:59 AM
Anybody who's updated their program have any feedback on fuel economy changes? Better? Worse? No change?

Thanks,
Dave

Maybe a little worse in the city, maybe a little better on the highway, I got 21.1 coming home from Montana, but that could be the synthetic oils helping, but fuel mileage is about the same in general, but performance is better, on the way out I probably did over 100 for 30-40 minutes non stop, it's a long ride. :(

TSS
08-20-07, 08:19 AM

Thanks,
Dave

No noticable change. If anything, slightly higher, but again, we are talking less than a 1/2 MPG difference - if any.

Ozzy12
08-22-07, 08:47 AM
I just bought the Predator for my new 2008 EXT! The chip arrived yesterday and I am so psyched to get it installed! Only problem is my truck only has 465 miles on it! Is this too fresh to go programming away on? How many miles do I need to wait for in order to safely install and run with the Predator. I know breakin is about 500 miles, so would you say that would be a safe bet?

Also, has anybody ever figured out what the HP/Torque increase actually is for the programmer over stock?

Thanks in advance for all the help guys!

hcvone
08-22-07, 09:03 AM
I installed the Preditor in my newest 07' with under 100 miles on the truck, you just should not do any full throttle runs for the first 500 miles or so. The place that has a 4 wheel dyno nearest to me was down for service when I was going to dyno it, never made another appointment after that, but would like to once it gets a little cooler out. :)

Slick 6MT
03-31-08, 10:16 AM
I installed the Preditor in my newest 07' with under 100 miles on the truck, you just should not do any full throttle runs for the first 500 miles or so. The place that has a 4 wheel dyno nearest to me was down for service when I was going to dyno it, never made another appointment after that, but would like to once it gets a little cooler out. :)

Did you ever make it to the dyno? Has anyone tested before and after?

hcvone
03-31-08, 10:35 AM
No I have had problems either getting an appointment, or their machine being down, we are trying to do it the week of April 14th, both trucks

Dr. SS
03-31-08, 12:34 PM
just got an escalade also, looking into predator.

have been reading over at the diablosport forums. lot of good info.
first hand info from the developers of the predator say you can get 20-25 whp and 30-35lb ft of wtq. that is a very healthy bump for 3-400 bucks. This is on the "diablo" tune (93 octane flash tune)

TSS
03-31-08, 03:32 PM
just got an escalade also, looking into predator.

have been reading over at the diablosport forums. lot of good info.
first hand info from the developers of the predator say you can get 20-25 whp and 30-35lb ft of wtq. that is a very healthy bump for 3-400 bucks. This is on the "diablo" tune (93 octane flash tune)

While the gains have not been verfied by anyone on this forum ......yet....
I do know it feels faster, shifts more to my liking, and has superior throttle response. I know the HP has gone up, I just don't know how much...20-25 sounds a little optimistic to me. Wild a** guess based on my seat of the pants dyno would say 15 HP increase with better use of those and all the other ponies. Regardless, the Preditor is well worth the 300 bucks. If Carl gets his dyno'd with and without the program installed, I can retire my seat of the pants dyno.

hcvone
03-31-08, 04:04 PM
Not sure the gains will be that high, maybe with a dyno tune and LS1 Edit type software you will get that, but I hope to find out soon with stock program and Preditor program. :)