: Keeping white-walls white?

highonchai
03-21-04, 07:24 PM
Does anyone have a good method for keeping whitewalls white, other than washing and scrubbing every other day? is there a protectant or wax i can buy to keep the dirt from sticking? Thanks all!:worship:

Leloz
03-21-04, 08:25 PM
That brake dust really makes those white walls dull quick. Mine usually stay 'white' for a good week and a half. I too would be interested in keeping them 'white' for a longer period of time. So far I am stuck with scrubbing with the SOS sponge.

-Lelo

Pimpin_Whity
03-21-04, 10:18 PM
you can buy a white wall cleaner at your local home depot or a car parts store ;)

highonchai
03-22-04, 04:18 PM
:hitstick:Of course i can buy white wall cleaner, i have a couple brands, i just dont want to use it evey single week to keep my whitewalls looking crisp, im thinking about using an armorall protectant spray, perhaps that'll deflect some dust accumulation. Any other ideas??:spin:

ChiMick
03-22-04, 04:22 PM
If anything I would think that armor all would attract dirt?

I use Castrol Super Clean diluted 50/50 with water in a spray bottle & an old toothbrush. Gets those whitewalls clean in a hurry.

SuperSport
03-22-04, 06:46 PM
I use Wesleys Blechwhite at every other wash or so. It does the trick! I don't use any rubber protectant on my tires since I prefer the clean dull look and every thing I've tried either browns out or attracts dirt and dust.

highonchai
03-22-04, 09:47 PM
Yep i'm a fan of blech-white, and i suppose youre right about spray on products attracting dirt more than deflecting it. I guess ill just have to deal with it. Thanks for your input all!:worship: Ive said it many times before, You are truely the Cadillac of Cadillac owners and enthusiasts!

Spock
03-27-04, 04:33 AM
I gave my wheels a nice coat of that wheel shine and it keeps my white walls white. Mind you I drive it in good weather only as I try and I haven't washed my tires in a long time.

An overdose on my moms car left the wheel well and fenders covered in that goop. Use with caution or your mother may or may not give you food.

Biggary
07-11-04, 11:24 PM
Easiest way to keep white walls clean is to change to ceramic brake pads. they don't give off all the "dust" and my wheel and whites walls stay clean for weeks.

LacSeville
07-12-04, 12:00 AM
what about those cleen wheel brake covers that go behind your wheel? msilva was going to install some...

Msilva954
07-12-04, 10:21 AM
Yea....ill probly get to it this week...ill post pics.....now I can get the rims off and put a nice coat of wax on them too.

juiceE
07-12-04, 04:05 PM
Wesleys Blechwhite works great, but i think it eats away @ the white a lil every time u use it, jus use a scrub, an sum soapy water, an a lil extra elbo grease.....and after wards maybe spray sum scotch guard?..I WAS PLANNING ON TRYIN THAT, WHEN I HAD MY VOUGES, BUT NEVER GOT AROUND TO IT

STS
07-14-04, 01:20 AM
Wesleys Blechwhite works great, but i think it eats away @ the white a lil every time u use it, jus use a scrub, an sum soapy water, an a lil extra elbo grease.....and after wards maybe spray sum scotch guard?..I WAS PLANNING ON TRYIN THAT, WHEN I HAD MY VOUGES, BUT NEVER GOT AROUND TO IT

DO NOT USE WESLEY'S:

we have people come into our delaership all the time trying to get their tires replaced for free when the white gets all fubarred. we laugh.

Msilva954
07-14-04, 11:50 AM
I still say Eagle One A2Z.....best stuff Ive ever used....and yes....I am still werry of trying that white wall bleach..

caddyfleetwoodca
07-28-04, 03:58 AM
if you use an sos pad and scrub the whitewalls clean then dry the tires thououghly and then spray them with armour all you get some really nice looking tires. then if you get somthing on the white wall you just wipe it off with a rag and apply a little more armour all to the tire. it's like spraying no stick to a frying pan.

RBraczyk
07-28-04, 09:55 AM
Its not just whitewall bleach, spray your whole tire, the only problem is that it makes it more porus. Looks good when you tire shine it.

blazinSedanDeVille
08-04-04, 02:29 AM
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROPERLY CLEAN A TIRE

u will need blech wite (or any kind of degreaser works fine), a green scotch pad (available at wal-mart or similar stores), and a hose.

wet the tire down

spray blech wite or degreaser on the whole sidewall

wet the green pad down and scrub the whole sidewall

rinse the tire off and dry & shine if desired

that is my routine and always will be cuz it does the job and it does it good

Night Wolf
08-04-04, 02:37 AM
I use Purple Power.... when you first go to the car wash (manual ones) spray all your tires with Purple Power, then use high pressure water to blast it off, hold the nozzel about a foot from the tires... I use it on all my tires (white wall and black wall) as well as engines... works amazing

STS 310
08-11-04, 06:42 PM
SOS pads rule all.