: STS V Go Faster Goodies..

VelocitySTSV
03-06-07, 09:02 AM
I recently purchased an STS V and I am looking to improve it even more, I would love to improve the 1/4 mile time. I haven't found any websites that offer performance parts for this car yet. Any help would be appreciated.

codewize
03-06-07, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the forums. You'll get a much better response by posting this in the STS / STS-V forum. Not in the welcome / Lounge area.

First Class Motoring
03-06-07, 01:05 PM
I recently purchased an STS V and I am looking to improve it even more, I would love to improve the 1/4 mile time. I haven't found any websites that offer performance parts for this car yet. Any help would be appreciated.
:welcome: try D3 cadillac.they have a stage 1 kit will help your 1/4 mile and put a simle on your face every time you get on it.

CadV
03-06-07, 01:52 PM
:welcome: try D3 cadillac.they have a stage 1 kit will help your 1/4 mile and put a simle on your face every time you get on it.

They have a good Air Intake kit but their ECU upgrade does not work on 2007 cars.

Vector Motorsports will tune your PCM for 500 bucks and give you 30-40rwhp or you could buy Hp Tuner and tune your own car. Software costs 500.

VelocitySTSV
03-06-07, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the help. I will look into both suppliers. Mine is a 2006, and I couldn't even find a K&N air filter for it. I was supprised at the lack of parts out there.

Dr. Design
03-08-07, 09:49 PM
Hello,
Congrats on such a great vehicle. It really depends on how fast you really want to go. We have performance packages that vary from 515HP up to 650HP. Low 12's in the 1/4? Let us know if you have any questions or need any additional information. Check out our website for a full list of items available for the STS-V.
Thank you,

WillySTS
03-10-07, 02:59 AM
I just had my Stage 1 installed from D3 today, including the air intake kit and the computer upgrade, by the way they have made the appropriate adjustments for the 2007 models.

Yes, it give you more full power, but more importantly and noticeable is the the around town driveability. We went out to dinner and I let the wife drive(she doesn't know what I had done to the car), besides keeping up with an AMG 55 in a stop light to stoplight GP, which he kept going faster and faster, you could really hear his exhaust as he was really getting on it, and SHE stuck right with him and NEVER hit full throttle!(she says that she won't race people, but she won't let them THINK that they can outrun her either), I asked her does she feel any difference in the car and she said NO...other than the fact it doesn't LURCH so much...it drives much smoother.

...And, that's my point...drivability greatly is improved as well as better part throttle response. It has more power, too, but she didn't realize it...keeping up with the AMG when it should have dusted us!

My impressions when I drive it is that there is now more available part throttle power, spinning the wheels before the pedal hits the floor now and better drivability(smoother), like the wife noticed,...all in all an EXCELLENT 1st step!

Truly this IS a 500 hp automobile!...D3...I salute you!!!

L.A.P.D.
03-14-07, 02:49 PM
We can install anything you may need and dyno tune the 2006 and 2007 STS-V in house. We use HP Tuner and our tuner Doug has 20 years of tuning experience in the industry. We can dyno the car bone stock, do whatever mods you may need and then dyno tune it and that way you can see what you before and after numbers are. The best part of it is driving it afterwards and seeing a different animal altogether.

Let us know what we can do for you.

Thanks!

Shawn

txcadvette
03-27-07, 02:10 PM
Hey Dr. Design, I noticed on your product sheet there is a K&N cold air intake listed but K&N doesn't show anything for the STS-V on their site. Can you provide more info about it? How much, part no., etc?