: Idiotic Rearview Mirror

smoey847
03-05-07, 08:39 PM
The rearview mirror in this car has to be the biggest disappointment for me. It is noisy under any scenario. When the radio is on, and the bass is up, what happens? The stupid mirror rattles. What happens when I go over a slight bump or railroad tracks? The mirror rattles? What happens when I'm just riding along sometimes? THE REARVIEW MIRROR RATTLES! What is wrong with this thing? Does anyone else have this problem? I had the same stereo problem in my 2000 Deville, but it didn't just didn't start uppin' rattling for no reason. Is there any kind of solution for this? Many thanks for the greatly appreciated responses.:rant2:

WillySTS
03-06-07, 12:14 AM
When I worked for Mazda(which I did for 29 years), nearly every car had a rubber piece that looked like a piece of 3/8 inch rubber hose, but it was solid with a notch on one to fit the mirror and flat on the other end to fit against the windshield. It was about 3 inches long, just long enough to fit between the mirror and the windshield, just for that purpose. The used it from about '73 well into the '90's...worked great just for that purpose.

rb92gt
03-06-07, 07:43 AM
haven't noticed a problem with rearview mirror.

ascariSTS
03-08-07, 11:24 AM
ask them to fix it... haven't noticed any problem with my mirror... should be covered by warranty

Cajonkev
03-08-07, 03:06 PM
Never with either of my STS's either.

No reason they shouldn't be able to fix it for you.

Caroutisine
03-09-07, 08:13 PM
No problem here either.

Something must be loose or broken. I would ask the dealer to look at it under warranty.