: what vendors do you guys use for brake parts... pads, fluid, and ss lines...

ZEUSROTTY
03-05-07, 08:33 PM
Going nuts for this track day I have coming up... Need to get some tings pretty quickly... need some good race- street pads and the best fluid for my application of track and street... Ground control on the way, along with hotchkins sways, and doing the airhog airbox mod... Not sure if i will be able to get the supercharger on it before the track days, but i wanna at least get the handling and braking down.... any help would be great!!!

2004ctsv
03-05-07, 10:21 PM
I bought blue and amber ATE - one chases the other every summer after the few track runs I've done.

Tony

Feffman
03-06-07, 12:00 AM
Zeus:

Pads: Carbotech (www.CTBrakes.com) XP10 (front) and XP8 (rear)
alternatively XP12 (front) and XP10 (rear)
Fluid: Motul RB600 (any racing supplier)
Brake Lines: Goodridge from Tire Rack (www.TireRack.com)

This should handle any brakign issues.

Feff

ZEUSROTTY
03-06-07, 12:04 AM
Zeus:

Pads: Carbotech (www.CTBrakes.com) XP10 (front) and XP8 (rear)
alternatively XP12 (front) and XP10 (rear)
Fluid: Motul RB600 (any racing supplier)
Brake Lines: Goodridge from Tire Rack (www.TireRack.com)

This should handle any brakign issues.

Feff

dude... thats exactly what i decided on !!!

Seattle CTS-V
03-27-07, 04:21 PM
Can the Carbotech pads be used safely on the street or are they track-use only?

V-Love
03-27-07, 04:55 PM
Going nuts for this track day I have coming up... Need to get some tings pretty quickly... need some good race- street pads and the best fluid for my application of track and street... Ground control on the way, along with hotchkins sways, and doing the airhog airbox mod... Not sure if i will be able to get the supercharger on it before the track days, but i wanna at least get the handling and braking down.... any help would be great!!!
Have you tracked her stock yet? If not, she will handle it real well as a bone stocker. Just do oil before and after. Good luck and give us a report.

Feffman
03-27-07, 05:51 PM
Can the Carbotech pads be used safely on the street or are they track-use only?

Seattle:

If you can take the squeal of the track pads (Carbotechg XP 12 and XP 10) they are probably OK for the street but man do they turn the wheels black fast.

I'll be installing the street pads (Carbotech Bobcat) pads this weekend. Just too embarrassing with the squeal of track pads.

Feff

hd750
03-27-07, 10:56 PM
I would make sure that the brake fluid is changed before and after track time and swap out the pads. Then have fun and focus on seat time rather than spending $$$ on parts.

Seattle CTS-V
03-28-07, 12:33 PM
Ideally then, since my pads are about done, I should buy some Carbotechs for the track and some other pads for the street...oh, and some Motul600.

Feffman
03-28-07, 03:13 PM
Ideally then, since my pads are about done, I should buy some Carbotechs for the track and some other pads for the street...oh, and some Motul600.

Seattle:

That's what I do. Before each track day, I'll flush the brake fluid with new Motul so it's fresh and swap in the track pads.

Feff