: soon to be owner of a 96 fleetwood!

pharaoh2653
03-05-07, 07:44 PM
i recently looked at a 96 fleetwood with 97000 miles on it. im a former deville owner and general lover of caddy but that fleetwood is amazing. i will be picking the car up next monday. everything is in working order except a few minor things. the driver window seems to be offtrack and the red line on the shifter doesnt work. it also has a minor oil leak which seems to be coming from one of the valve gaskets. they were asking 6200 for it but i talked them to 5700. is that a good price? anyway i look forward to joining the fleetwood community.

96Fleetwood
03-05-07, 07:57 PM
Congrats!!

Great price!

As for the valve cover gaskets, they are easy to replace. I used the rubber Felpro gaskets and they haven't leaked since. Took an hour to do both sides :thumbsup:

XXL-VETE
03-05-07, 10:03 PM
Congrats!!

Great price!

As for the valve cover gaskets, they are easy to replace. I used the rubber Felpro gaskets and they haven't leaked since. Took an hour to do both sides :thumbsup:

DITTO !!!

Kenny

90Brougham350
03-05-07, 10:50 PM
Be sure and post some pics, and can you tell us a little more about it? Always glad to have another D-body owner around.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-05-07, 11:06 PM
Welcome! What year deVille do you have and what made you a RWD convert? :)

Lord Cadillac
03-06-07, 09:21 AM
Indeed! Post pictures when you get the car! We offer free image hosting here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/

pharaoh2653
03-06-07, 01:22 PM
i had a 90 deville and it keeps giving me problems. i still have the car but with the constant breakdowns i had to get another vehicle. the fleetwood is a midnight blue? color. i chose it because of the lt1 and because i wanted another caddy. it is a one owner and in great shape. wayyy better than my deville which i thought was in great shape. i will be picking it up monday and will post pics when i can. i cant wait until i have some time to mod the car. first i will tint the windows and install a remote start. any engine mods will have to wait for the summer as im a college student and the car is hittin my pockets hard. what would you guys like to know about the car?