: 07 XM to Sirius info

GNSCOTT
03-05-07, 06:17 PM
I did a search but all posts were from over a year ago. I just picked up a loaded ESV today and I have a spare SIRIUS GM1 receiver from my 07 Vette that I traded> Will it work in my Escalade and if so where is the XM receiver located in the 07?

Thanks

hcvone
03-06-07, 07:50 AM
Behind the glove box, there is a tab on the top of the glove box to release the glove box door for access. If XM and Sirius merge you will not have to do anything. ;)

Radiosandmore
03-06-07, 07:53 AM
Unfortunately it won't work. The SIR-GM1 is for a Class 2 system, and the new Escalades are GM LAN. Because of this, you're radio will not recognize it.

aburzen
03-06-07, 10:00 AM
What sucks is even if the merger goes through, you will still have to buy something to change it over. I have both Sirius and XM- Sirius is 1000% better! Also as a stock holder I have been reading about the merger daily. They are saying at first there will be two different subscriptions and the signals will not work on the others units. BS! Let me know how the conversion goes- I am going to change my Lade over to Sirius this weekend.

hcvone
03-06-07, 10:10 AM
I heard that too, but you know if they merge over time there will be just one unit playing them both, just not enough business for the two to make it. I see on other car boards people pulling sirius units out and replacing them with XM too. :)

slk230mb
03-06-07, 10:39 AM
Right now, the Sirius satellites are vastly more advanced than the XM ones. I'm sure they already know how they are going it integrate the two services.

aburzen
03-06-07, 10:41 AM
You are 100% correct hcvone. At some point they will have to merge everything. I was listening to a Mel Karmazin (CEO of Sirius) the other day on Howard Stern- he said they are already working on units that will be able to receive both signals

hcvone
03-06-07, 01:12 PM
I hope we will not have to pay double. :(

GNSCOTT
03-06-07, 09:06 PM
I have a sportster also sitting in my garage. Both with a 2 year sub on them. Looks like I will have to have an ugly external mount on my windsheild. I'll bet its over a year before they get things together enough to combine stations. Mel also made a half assed guarantee that the price will not go up, and will only go down, but I think its BS.

benamaster
03-06-07, 09:52 PM
Well I hope that they won't leave us in the dark like OnStar plans on doing with some customers due to the analog to digital conversion.

slk230mb
03-06-07, 11:00 PM
I have a sportster also sitting in my garage. Both with a 2 year sub on them. Looks like I will have to have an ugly external mount on my windsheild. I'll bet its over a year before they get things together enough to combine stations. Mel also made a half assed guarantee that the price will not go up, and will only go down, but I think its BS.

I don't think the price will go up. Their main competition (the terrestrial competition is negligent) will disappear. There will be no reason to increase the subscription fee. Now if they offered a deal for existing members, that would be sweet.

ibombardo
05-26-07, 07:07 PM
Unfortunately it won't work. The SIR-GM1 is for a Class 2 system, and the new Escalades are GM LAN. Because of this, you're radio will not recognize it.

Are you saying that there is no way to convert an 07 Escalade with Nav from XM to Sirius? And control everything through the factory unit.