: Trunk Release Advice?

sefa01
03-05-07, 02:56 PM
My trunk used to pop open, so I could easily grab it and open it the rest of the way. Now when I use the inside release or the key fob, it just clicks. And while the lock opens, the trunk lid doesn't move up at all.

The dealer has looked at this three times and tells me there's no solution. While this isn't a big deal, it does bother me.

Anyone have any suggestions?

RamAir02
03-05-07, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure how the trunk latch works in the CTS-V but if it is similar to the latch on my Trans Am's hatch, there is a simple fix...The CTS-V probably has a much more complicated system though :LOL:

On my Trans Am, there was a spring on the latch, but it didn't provide enough resistance to really "pop" the hatch open. So I went to the local hardware store and bought another spring that was about the same size. I piggy backed the second spring on top of the stock spring. This solved my problem and gave the hatch a nice "pop" when it opened...hope this helps

rand49er
03-05-07, 03:07 PM
Mine has never popped up more than about a 1/4".

P-Funk
03-05-07, 04:43 PM
Mine hasn't ever popped up much either. If it wasn't for the popping sound when released, you couldn't even tell if it was popped or not.

50 4Ever
03-05-07, 04:52 PM
Mine acts just like yours, it unlocks with a click but does not move. It has never bothered me, I just open it by lifting up in the area by the license plate.

:thumbsup:

ta206
03-05-07, 05:19 PM
There's a TSB on this

The Tony Show
03-05-07, 05:41 PM
:yeah:

There's a new design striker/latch assembly that can be installed under warranty.

sefa01
03-05-07, 06:57 PM
:yeah:

There's a new design striker/latch assembly that can be installed under warranty.Can you please reference the TSB or whatever you have so that I can get this done. Thanks.

sefa01
03-05-07, 06:58 PM
There's a TSB on thisAnd the TSB is???

RockinV
03-05-07, 07:54 PM
Mine has been the same way the entire time I have owned the car...has anyone taken this in and had the dealer fix it referencing the TSB?

Jschmank
03-05-07, 09:20 PM
I heard the TSB doesnt have much impact

ccclarke
03-05-07, 10:45 PM
I had the TSB performed by my dealer two years ago and didn't notice any change afterwards. The trunk latch still clicks but the trunk deck doesn't move vertically.

vcaddy
03-05-07, 10:56 PM
I had the same result. The dealer instaleled the "new & improved" latch mechanism per the TSB. Instead of popping open 1/8" (old one) it now pops 5/32"!!!!!:mad:

ctsvett
03-12-07, 12:24 AM
TSB doesnt help. at least on my car...

You can try putting in higher powered struts to help lift it..

Reed

Kingpin08
03-12-07, 01:53 AM
Same here, release doesnt open. also on my car, the shocks seem wrong. the trunk is hard to lift, and you have to lift slow. but to close it, barely touch it and gravity will slam it. almost backwards right? any ideas?

The Tony Show
03-12-07, 09:09 AM
If your trunk won't stay open, or it falls shut like you're describing then tell your dealer. They should install new struts and hinges that have been redesigned. They make a huge improvement (unlike the latch fix). They are special order, and need to be painted before installation.

I can safely say that almost every single used CTS I've seen that's over 2 years old exhibits this behavior, so they should already be familiar with the fix.