: XM rant.

Koooop
03-05-07, 02:45 PM
Since this is about the XM in my CTS-V I put this here.

When I got my V it came with a few months of XM. Even though the sound quality is nowhere near as good as FM or a CD I kind of liked the news and comedy channels. So I called and paid two years in advance for continued service. Rarely do I keep my driver for more than 1 1/2 to 2 years so I instructed them not to automatically renew at the end of the two years since they offered me that service.

Well I like the V so I still have it. I got a renewal notice in the mail from XM that said I needed to contact them to renew, but I wasn't sure if I still wanted the service so I tossed the renewal. I figured I'll let it get shut off and see if I miss it.

So I get a $271 charge from XM on my credit card last month, not authorized by me, they just did it. Now I remember paying $215 for two years last time so they raised the rate. I call them up and bitch at them for an unauthorized charge and all the guy keeps saying "Mr. Koooop, you signed up for auto renewal" BS, I don't keep cars that long, besides XM jacked up the rate so KMA! Before I cancelled the service and asked for a credit I did ask what it would cost me for another year, the guy tells me "the $271 is a great rate for two years, but we can give you one year for $77". WTF?

How is $271 for 2 years a great rate when I could have one year for just $77:thepan: ? I just had him credit my account and cancelled the service.

From this I can only believe that XM is now a scam. Watch your credit card bills, they're trying to sneak into our pockets.

XM = Dirtbags.

RamAir02
03-05-07, 02:50 PM
:yeah: No doubt they're thieves. My father has had COUNTLESS problems with XM and they don't keep records for shit! Every time my father has a disputed payment, he has to find his statement for that month and fax them a copy to verify that he paid!

Bottom line....XM sucks!

C-TX-V
03-05-07, 04:32 PM
Wait a few months...XM is being bought by Sirius. I pay $12.95 a month for two radios...one is integrated into the V (SIR-GM1) and the second is a portable sport model that I take on the boat, etc...Good thing is that I have NO contract and I can end the service at any time. Regardless of XM or Sirius, most of the non-music format stations use a lower sampling rate, which you can hear...except the Howard Stern show is at full rate...hey now!!

folex187
03-05-07, 06:54 PM
I want Sirius so bad. If it weren't for the stupid additional box required I would have it already. XM is worthless IMO. My car has a 1yr subscription pre-paid and I think I've listened to it twice..

JJKJ
03-05-07, 07:16 PM
XM can definitely be sneaky. When I bought my V, I transferred my account from another vehicle which had service paid until the end of Nov 06. The end of Nov came up and I decided to call XM to cancel so that they wouldn't mess up and automatically renew me. When I called to cancel the rep offered me 3 more months free to see if I really wanted to cancel. I didn't understand what she expected to change in 3 months but I thought why not and took the free 3 months.

Fast forward to Dec 06 and an XM charge shows up on my credit card. WTF? I called and got this crazy story about renewal cycles based on quarterly billing. What it came down to is that my free 3 months went through Feb 07. My billing cycle (didn't even know I had a billing cycle) was around the 20th of the month prior to the renewal quarter. So in Dec they tried to bill me for 3 months of service (Jan-Mar 07) minus the free trial through Feb. I told them free trial means free until I let you know otherwise.

Anyway, I complained enough and they removed the charge. When I called in Feb to cancel, they offered me the $77 deal too. When I still told them to cancel, their question was if there was any price I would consider to stay with them. So for anyone considering renewal, sounds like they can negotiate a bit on price even from their $77/yr deal. I just don't like any of the music stations so I told them to cancel. They offered me another free 3 months, I just said turn it off please.

John

dqw1
03-05-07, 07:30 PM
I had an almost horror story with XM also. I let my subscription expire after a year and had no intention of paying for interior audio quality. Those bastards tried to bill me for another year. I called and told them I didn't feel I owed them a dime since I wasn't going to renew, just let it expire and cut it off. What happened was they gave me 2 extra months of XM and wanted to bill me for it. They even sent the O' trick of turning it over to a collection agency letter. I called them again with the original case number from when I first talked to them and they decided to not bill me and let it expire.
XM=NEVER AGAIN!

RockinV
03-05-07, 09:14 PM
Sirius all the way...
I personally think XMs programming sucks!
I have heard nothing but horror stories about customer service at XM.
I had a friend over last week and he was calling XM to find out why he was getting still receiving bills after his credit card had already been OVERCHARGED.
They had been charging his credit card according to his credit card invoices he had in hand, but they insisted that the CC number they had on file (which was not his) was expired, and had no records of charging his actual CC.:alchi:

He was on the phone for an hour and never came to a resolution, even after talking to two different supervisors.
Hopefully when Sirius takes over they bring in their own people!:mob:

Koooop
03-06-07, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the stories, my card expired a few days after they charged it. I'll go ahead and file a complaint with the Credit Card company just to be a Dick. Auto withdrawl and auto charge authorization gives away to much power. I thought maybe it was just me.

XM BLOWS.

japx
03-06-07, 06:36 AM
Folks:
I wouldn't give 10 cents for either Sirrus or XM they both are lacking in both sound quality and variety. The only thing XM bands on the radio is good for is an interface for my IPOD via Iconnect....... I be more willing to go with FM HD than the XM or Sirrus scams, and there is NO WAY I would ever sign up for auto-pay if they dont sccept a check than they don't want my business(with a chcek I CONTROL the funds transfer/s)......

BBV
03-06-07, 08:41 AM
Wait a few months...XM is being bought by Sirius. I pay $12.95 a month for two radios...one is integrated into the V (SIR-GM1) and the second is a portable sport model that I take on the boat, etc...Good thing is that I have NO contract and I can end the service at any time. Regardless of XM or Sirius, most of the non-music format stations use a lower sampling rate, which you can hear...except the Howard Stern show is at full rate...hey now!!

Now there is an optimist.:thumbsup:
The CEO of Sirius said that if everything went perfectly it would take a minimum of one year before your XM receiver will work with Sirius.
Some industry analysts are currently giving the merger a 30% chance of getting past the FCC and FTC.

C-TX-V
03-06-07, 08:56 AM
I want Sirius so bad. If it weren't for the stupid additional box required I would have it already. XM is worthless IMO. My car has a 1yr subscription pre-paid and I think I've listened to it twice..

Additional Box?? Well OK, there is a box, but it is virtually plug and play. Disconnect XM receiver box, plug harness into Sirius box...attach antenna. It is a seamless integration...well with one exception...the DVD NAV still says XM1 & XM2. Look into it...you won't be disappointed.:thumbsup:

Renovatio
03-06-07, 10:00 AM
Sirius FTW.....I hated XM when I got it and had Sirius in my previous car so I just switched the XM module with an Sirius one and used the same antenna. I have my old subsription from Sirius so all I paid was installation ($50) and the cost of the Sirius module $99