: this is unfair to 07 owners with RSE

yourgmsolutions
03-05-07, 12:48 PM
I don't really want to flame things, but what GM did is kind of unfair.
I was doing some work on new GMC Acadia with RSE and was very surprised that that little thing SUV came with DC to AC converter built with AC outlet built in next to A/V connectors in the rear console.
hmmm, Escalade that cost $20K more then Acadia, for some reason did not deserve that option ? :confused:

LLT
03-06-07, 01:35 AM
My bias for GM aside, I don't think they have a clue when it comes to technology integration. On the Escalade: Where's bluetooth? Where's proper iPod integration? Where's adaptive cruise? Where's keyless start? Where's automatic telescopic steering? Where's something as simple as auto window-up? And now, a DC-AC inverter? I could go on all day.

Onstar is the best they've got and even that is awful. It's a shame; they're so close, yet so far away.

Anyway, that's pretty neat for the Acadia!

hcvone
03-06-07, 06:45 AM
I am very happy with OnStar, I use it everyday and have since 02', it works many places my cell phone does not in the mountains. I really like the setup I had when I lived in Switzerland, that was my cell phone pluged into a charger in the car allowing hands free use, in my office it fit into a charger that was hands free too, this was before bluetooth. There are many things I would want before an AC/DC converter :)

benamaster
03-06-07, 09:52 AM
I've heard that even the Pontiac Vibe, not sure if its still made, had a DC-AC inverter. It can't be that hard to hard wire one in place and it would be super useful.

yourgmsolutions
03-06-07, 10:08 AM
as far as blue_tooth, I founded a simplest (for now) solution.
Raytel makes a small unit, You clip it to your sunvisor. shows You caller ID, built in microphone/speaker/etc. You can use it at home/office/take it from car to car. so far sold a few hundreds of those, not a single complaint. $100 retail, and as of today, since many other interfaces are expensive and still have bugs and issues , for $100 how much more can You wish for ?

http://www.tellphone.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=59&Itemid=220

hcvone
03-06-07, 12:08 PM
Not really what I had in mind, but it would work. Thanks GMG