: CAGS Eliminator for V?

jashearer
03-05-07, 11:16 AM
So just to confirm, Cadillac decided they needed to go away from the standard weatherpac connector on the Tremec when they put it in the V right?

I had an extra one in my garage, that I attempted to put on this weekend and found that it was a different plug lame...

I did some searching and it looks like StealthV sells a nice one, but its out of stock.

Anybody have one laying around after getting the CAGS programmed out, that they would be willing to let go of.

If so send me and e-mail ShearerJayA at JohnDeere dot com.

Thanks guys!
Jay

RockinV
03-05-07, 12:04 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAGS-SKIP-SHIFT-ELIMINATOR-DELETE-CADILLAC-CTS-V-CTSV_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46104QQihZ016QQite mZ260093485115QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

mike041357
03-05-07, 12:39 PM
Get the same one through the forum classifieds and shipping is FREE.

RamAir02
03-05-07, 04:05 PM
I can't believe how expensive they are. I think I paid under $10 for my CAGS solenoid for my Trans Am.

ctsvett
03-12-07, 12:20 AM
make your own... Its not expensive... Not as nice as StealthVs, but it works..

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/cags/index.html

Reed

jashearer
03-12-07, 07:36 AM
make your own... Its not expensive... Not as nice as StealthVs, but it works..

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/cags/index.html

Reed

Thanks Reed. I made my own using a resistor and electrical tape for my '02 trans am about 4 years ago, but I wanted something a little more "stock" looking if it ever goes back to the dealership again.

I bought one from the member that posted above, and am very pleased with the quality.

Jay

CTS-V420
03-12-07, 08:16 AM
I got mine on amazon...works great
http://www.amazon.com/Caspers-Electronics-Ctsv-Skipshift-Eliminator/dp/B000IJ6GTM/ref=sr_1_22/002-2658086-9104849?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1173704370&sr=1-22
and although you say its expensive
What is $25 when you own a 50k car????

Kurlee Daddee
03-12-07, 09:31 AM
I bought one from the member that posted above, and am very pleased with the quality.

Jay

I got mine from Mike off of EBAY too. It works great!!!:thumbsup:

The Tony Show
03-12-07, 09:51 AM
I can't believe how expensive they are. I think I paid under $10 for my CAGS solenoid for my Trans Am.

Wait until you see what people are paying for Duuuuubzz.

Toxic
03-13-07, 10:27 PM
I got mine from Mike off of EBAY too. It works great!!!:thumbsup:

Just ordered mine from him on eBay, waiting for shipping. Bummer to know that shipping was free through here though....:banghead:

SoSueMe
03-13-07, 10:41 PM
I just got one off of ebay from "Mike" and it is now on its way down here to sunny south florida... cant wait to get it! woohoo! 30.00 and it not only eliminates CAGS but will eliminate the stress headaches caused by being forced into 1 to 4 shifts...

JJKJ
03-13-07, 10:42 PM
So just to confirm, Cadillac decided they needed to go away from the standard weatherpac connector on the Tremec when they put it in the V right?

I had an extra one in my garage, that I attempted to put on this weekend and found that it was a different plug lame...

I did some searching and it looks like StealthV sells a nice one, but its out of stock.

Anybody have one laying around after getting the CAGS programmed out, that they would be willing to let go of.

If so send me and e-mail ShearerJayA at JohnDeere dot com.

Thanks guys!
Jay

Jay,

If you want to make the drive up to Cedar Rapids, we can do one for you free. I bought a pack of the required resistors and have only used a couple of them (I've done this on a few of my past cars). No need to go spend the $25 when it can be done for less than $1. The resistor and black electrical tape have worked fine for me in the past. I had it that way on my Camaro race car that endured a lot of abuse and on my '01 T/A for over 5 years. No problems with it ever coming apart. The $25 kit is nothing more than the cheap resistor in a fancy package.

John

Florian
03-13-07, 10:47 PM
Ive got one Ill part with for 25 bux shipped....PayPal preferred. PM if interested.

F