: What Hood Color Should I Have Sprayed?....

Chef
03-05-07, 10:54 AM
I Just Got My Primed Carbon Fiber Hood and was thinking of maybe doing something different to contrast the black.

Keep it Black
Go Dark Gun Metal Grey
Gun Metal Grey with black or red Pinstripes around extractors
Black with Red Pinstripes around extractors
Red or a different color all together

I'm partial to black but just wanted to hear some brainstorming...

RunningOnEMT
03-05-07, 10:58 AM
black with red pinstripes and get some accent red elsewhere on the car... like some red lettering on the doorpanels, CHEFMOBILE!

Chef
03-05-07, 11:01 AM
Holy Bat Hood!!....ah...maybe not...Just got a visual....

RunningOnEMT
03-05-07, 11:08 AM
i really wouldnt do a color other than black unless you plan on complimenting it with other highlights somewhere else on the car... otherwise it will come across like the ricers that put on body kits and leave them the color of the gelcoat they came in

RamAir02
03-05-07, 11:14 AM
Black and red look great, but if you're looking for something more sleek and not as flashy, I think black and silver look GREAT together. I think I would rather do subtle silver accents on a black car rather than red, but to each his own.

I like the idea of some kind of accent around the extractors though. To try and bring them out and let them be known and seen!

Chef
03-05-07, 11:17 AM
Hear ya...

The first thought was to match the color with a splitter and a wing that will be built in the near future to blend in the hood, splitter and wing all together - ala WC.

RamAir02
03-05-07, 11:25 AM
Where is the hood from? Post up a picture of it so we can brainstorm! :lol:

mdc
03-05-07, 12:45 PM
Don't destroy that beautiful car by using a different color hood ... black all the way

If you really have to add some color, small pinstripes would be ok ... but all black is best

You went to all of that trouble and expense to make the darkest, meanest V out there and now you want to ruin it ... NOOOOOOOO

:p

1MEANV
03-05-07, 01:22 PM
keep it black or it will look like honda shit

ahahnu
03-05-07, 01:52 PM
What MDC said. It is that badest one out there. If anything shoulda left it carbon fiber if you wanted something other then black. After you get the hood installed you are going to have to send me some more pics of the front for my coasters! Still love the pic of the burning hat. lol.

04CTSVFLA
03-05-07, 01:52 PM
get a good frontal picture of your car.....and play with it in photoshop.Thats what I would do.

Chef
03-05-07, 02:22 PM
oh...by the way let me know if you know of anyone wanting a black hood with a clear bra.

Still love the pic of the burning hat. lol.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/ChefsVenom/Partner.jpg

Was it this one of my Sous Chef?

That was one of the shots that was sent in to the "Bull Run" audition

onebadcad
03-05-07, 03:31 PM
Keep the sides of the hood black, and if the hood has a cowl section, paint it a dark gray.

v-ape
03-05-07, 08:11 PM
What is a chef without flames? Get flames on the hood.

They call him the chef because he's cookin up some marvelous ish

Dennisscars
03-05-07, 08:27 PM
How about a nice blower sticking out?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/21851d1152586562-flycatcher-supercharger-available-v-blower-hood-w-belt.jpg

dqw1
03-05-07, 09:27 PM
I'd keep it black. As mentioned before, photoshop it before you do anything.

1MEANV
03-05-07, 10:15 PM
where did u get the carbon fiber hood?

Chef
03-05-07, 10:18 PM
How about a nice blower sticking out?

Now that's a sleeper:thumbsup:

HushH
03-05-07, 11:09 PM
I vote for black with red accents to go with your calipers.

Albertan
03-06-07, 01:39 AM
Chef
If you only paint the hood another color, it will look like you had an accident and found a replacement hood but it wasn't the right color. If you want another color you have to paint to the natural creases in the car or some other "theme".
I tried the different color fender a long time ago. Never looked good, of course it was an accident replacement.
Bruce

CanadianTS
03-06-07, 02:44 AM
Chef
If you only paint the hood another color, it will look like you had an accident and found a replacement hood but it wasn't the right color. If you want another color you have to paint to the natural creases in the car or some other "theme".
I tried the different color fender a long time ago. Never looked good, of course it was an accident replacement.
Bruce

I agree with my fellow Canadian and if you want a different colour then go straight two tone.

V-Love
03-06-07, 04:31 AM
Got to agree with the "keep it black" crew. You have the blackest V in the country(i'd bet on it). But do whatever keeps you happy. That is most important.

atdeneve
03-06-07, 10:55 AM
I would be partial to just putting on a clear coat.

Now, on to the real issue at hand, can we get one and for how much? Come on, let's see a pic? Pwease. We wanna see, too.

Hey, how much does it weigh? Show and tell us more. Mas por favor. Mas, mas Senor Chefarron.