: Damn! First Ticket in the V

RamAir02
03-05-07, 10:40 AM
F*ck! Haven't even had the car for two weeks and I got my first ticket :lol: I was making a u turn last night on a state highway (Rt. 22 in NJ, 2 lane highway each way with strip malls, fast food, and restaurants). My friends street is about a quarter mile up from the u turn, and there are just a bunch of trees on that side of the highway before his street. So I make the u turn and have to make a right turn on my friends street. There is an Escalade about two car lengths up in the right lane, and I'm in the left. So I speed up, maybe excessively, but to pass the Escalade so I can get over to make the right turn. I have no idea where the damn cop was hiding, but I pull onto my friends street, go up, turn around, pull in front of his house, and a cop pulls up diagonal and blocks me in. :tisk:

Long story short, I got a ticket for speeding, 63 in a 50. :mad:

Police around here have been cracking down hardcore lately! I saw three other people pulled over within a mile of where I got my ticket last night. Although I was going 13 mph over the speed limit, that really is not that fast and most of traffic travels at around 60 mph.

I'm pissed, but I was speeding so there is not much to say.

ctsvflorida
03-05-07, 10:48 AM
That sucks as I was pulled over last night for hitting my brights on a Sheriff car. His lights were so blinding that I just left them on. I was nice, as always, and said I was messin with my fogs and had no idea that they went on. Anyway, he asked the same question that the last sheriff asked when I got yanked after he was letting me go! With a look of extreme curiousity he asked, "What the hell is this thing?" :worship:

ahahnu
03-05-07, 01:20 PM
US 22. The most distracting dangerous highway around. What town were you in? Most of 22 is now a designated highway safe corridor and its double points and or fine. Everyone drives like ash holes on that road so tat sucks you got a ticket.

FL- you have a Cadillac with a snarling exhaust. Usually they are the designation of cass and refinement. I'm sure it sounds bad ass, anyone wo doesn't know what it is will wonder, why does it sound like that?

RamAir02
03-05-07, 02:07 PM
Mike, I was in Mountainside between the lights at Lawrence Ave. and Glenside Ave. going west (before the Exxon station). I'm lucky it was a 50 mph zone, 'cause a lot of 22 is 45!

Also, did you get my email Mike? I sent it to your yahoo email from j.peters at jonkris dot com.

mostoyzwinz
03-05-07, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the club...it won't be your last. Something about that pedal on the right, can't seem to stay away from it. Took me a few weeks to get one doing 2X the limit.

RamAir02
03-05-07, 03:00 PM
:lol: only problem is i have 8 points on my license as it is! :mad:

mostoyzwinz
03-05-07, 03:22 PM
Before age 25, I got 25+ tickets in total...all kinds of reasons...mostly real stupid. :bang2: I think your case might have more to do with age than the car.

RamAir02
03-05-07, 03:26 PM
:lol: I thought I was over that stage! (haven't had a ticket in over a year), but I guess I still got the need for speed in me!

Actually I think its the excitement of having a new car and just wanting to experience it and push the limits. When I first got my WS6 I got plenty of tickets doing stupid shizzz, but after a while my driving style calmed down. Now I'm two weeks into a CTS-V and I already have a ticket...but lets not make this a trend...

sefa01
03-05-07, 03:45 PM
Take it to the track and you won't have to worry about tickets. Try Pocono, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, etc., etc. Like many others with Vs, I've done a lot of track days. The feeling you'll get doing 150+ on the back straight at Pocono is better than anything on the street. You're local, as am I, so I'd recommend PDA at www.pdadrivingschool.com or you can go to www.trackschedule.com.

RamAir02
03-05-07, 03:49 PM
Yeah I've been wanting to hit a track really bad. I've done a LOT of drag racing, but never a road race track or autocross track. I'd love to sometime...I'm checking out the sites and tracks you mentioned as I write this :lol: Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated

v-ape
03-05-07, 04:07 PM
Yea, IMO you dont really know how to control your car until going to a road course... even then its a continual learning experience.

On the track you drive as fast as you can unti you scare yourself. I'll be at Summit Point this weekend. Kind of a haul from NJ, maybe 5hrs from you. I'm sure there are tracks up there though. My friends dad used to run his 944 when we were in high school (NJ), but I didnt pay attention to where he took it. I wasnt into those kinds of things back then.