: Door hinge adjustment on 07's? Service proceedure?

Kickboxer
03-04-07, 08:44 PM
Hope someone has access on how to adust the hinges on the front doors of the 07's? I need to have my doors tilt slightly in more at the top to help them seal better to the weather stripping. Thanks in advance!

EXT_Vegas
03-05-07, 03:49 AM
Why would you do this yourself and risk voiding your warranty? Take it to the dealership. Do you have leakage or wind noise?

rblimas
03-05-07, 03:58 AM
Hope someone has access on how to adust the hinges on the front doors of the 07's? I need to have my doors tilt slightly in more at the top to help them seal better to the weather stripping. Thanks in advance!

:google:

hcvone
03-05-07, 07:49 AM
1870968 is the SI number to adjust the doors from the factory, I just do not have the process for some reason. :confused:

Kickboxer
03-05-07, 12:03 PM
Why would you do this yourself and risk voiding your warranty? Take it to the dealership. Do you have leakage or wind noise?

I highly doubt loosening a couple bolts is gonna void the warranty. Way easier for me to spend 1/2 hour in my driverway vs the trouble or taking it to the dealer.

edit:
Yes, the noise is from a slight leakage from the seal, thats what most interior wind noise actually is.

Kickboxer
03-05-07, 12:04 PM
:google:

I'm confused, are you saying it's out on google? I just did a somewhat quick search and didn't see anything? Please post some more specifics if you know something I don't.

Kickboxer
03-05-07, 12:06 PM
1870968 is the SI number to adjust the doors from the factory, I just do not have the process for some reason. :confused:

Thanks hcvone, do you know if I can I do anything with that number on the net? Tried 1870968 & Hinge on google and nothing came up.

hcvone
03-05-07, 01:21 PM
I looked too and found nothing, it's a new GM fix number that I saw in the service ref sheet about door seal fix.

Kickboxer
03-05-07, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the service bulletin hcvone, it's the first I've heard of it.

Do you have access to the normal door alignment procedure or know how the door is adjusted? I can't really tell from the hinges themselves and don't want to loosen the wrong bolt and have the door adjust on the updown axis.

LLT
03-05-07, 08:50 PM
I really don't think this is something you should attempt on your own, but if you really want to - here you go. Good luck.

wookerNokturnal
03-06-07, 01:40 AM
wow i remember those times when my door closed tight
now i only hear the air when i travel...
other than that i love the lambo doors

403HP
03-07-07, 12:42 PM
Any one tried this?

texas1
12-12-13, 02:29 AM
i did tryed adj. the door but measures the same only lossen the top screws now going to change them out and try the foam where do you get clear foam at wondering if clear silicon is a good idea?