: Insurance

godofwine7
03-04-07, 05:10 PM
I was wondering what everyone with modded V's or any car for that matter does for insurance? I seached the forums and couldn't find any solid info about what my options are. With my mods to the V approaching half the value of the car i want to make sure that in case of an accident my investment is covered not just a brand new stock V. I use USAA insurance if any of yall have them or if you have any good people who provide riders that would be appreciated as well. Thanks

-Chance

stkshkr
03-05-07, 01:05 AM
Call USAA and ask them, but expect your base rates to increase. I'd tell them you are thinking of doing some mods and were wondering how it would affect your policy.

tweeter81
03-05-07, 12:38 PM
I recently made the switch to Esurance. When you get a quote, or sign up, there is an option for aftermarket parts/customizations. You can get up to $4000.00 worth of mods covered under your policy. If I remember right, it costs me an extra $91.00 every six months for this option. Well worth it IMO. I got quotes from 3 or 4 other companies and Esurance was the only one who has this option, and they were extremely affordable when insuring my V and a 2000 GMC Sonoma together.

RamAir02
03-05-07, 05:04 PM
Yeah I think you have to claim each mod you have and the value of each.

godofwine7
03-06-07, 04:50 PM
So i called USAA and they told me that as long as it was a fixed mod and i had proof it would be covered under the policy up to the price of the mod. This puzzled me so i said "if i get a new engine for say 12g's and total the car, i get a new car thats great, but then im still out the price of the new engine" she told me no that the new engine and what ever mods would be covered. She told me i didn't need a rider. This does not sound right to me so im probobly going to call back and get more clarification but if it is true then they are the best insurance company ever.

stkshkr
03-06-07, 11:49 PM
I've always thought USAA was the best since 1969