: Thankful for SRX & Power Liftgate

c5 rv
03-04-07, 03:20 PM
Our 13 year old lab has been very sick since Thursday. I've taken her on daily trips to the vet in the back of the SRX. (I have the black rubber waffle mat and throw some old towels down.) The load height is fine when cradling her in and out of the car. The power liftgate can be easily operated while carrying the dog (assuming I think ahead and have my keys in hand). The gentle power closing of the liftgate does not startle her. It's been touch-and-go, but it looks like she's gong to be with us a while longer.

TSS
03-04-07, 06:50 PM
Hope all goes well with the "pup". We have an aging black lab who is a very important part of the family as well.

jrose7004
03-05-07, 07:06 PM
Good luck with the dog and I hope it all works out well!

Oso
03-06-07, 03:59 PM
Good luck with your Lab. We had to put ours down (a chocolate) a few years ago, she was 14. Miss her every day.

c5 rv
03-06-07, 06:54 PM
Update on our dog: While I had to carry her in and out of the vet on Sunday, by Monday afternoon she was able to walk in. Her blood count was improving and the vet was pleased and surprised. Today, she's still on 9 different meds, but she's also eating 3 meals to try to put some weight back on.

afg350ci
03-07-07, 09:50 AM
It's good to hear that your lab is doing better. My wife and I will pray for her well-being.

As for the lift-gate... I wish I had waited a couple more months to get my SRX. I bought my 2005 in Feb of 05. The 2005 does not come with power liftgate. I have an English Bulldog that suffers chronically from foot and ear infections. I am constantly taking him back and forth to the vet. Whenever the vet has to sedate him for whatever reason and I have to carry him to car, I either have to open the hatch first, then go back for the dog, or put him down (if he can stand) to open the hatch. What a pain in butt, not to mention the back since my Bulldog weighs like 70 lbs.

compfan03
03-14-07, 11:40 AM
Is it at all possible to put an after-market power liftgate on. I wish I had one.

c5 rv
03-14-07, 12:39 PM
Is it at all possible to put an after-market power liftgate on. I wish I had one.

I have this vision of a Tim Allen creation that could double as a catapult...

tonygxp
03-14-07, 09:20 PM
Best wishes for you and your family.. I too love my power liftgate, very convenient..