: Can we talk Brake Pads????

ZEUSROTTY
03-03-07, 04:25 PM
What are you track guys running in the way of Pads... Switching to DOT4 next week and figure i may as well pull the trigger on it since the car will be apart anyway.

v-ape
03-03-07, 04:32 PM
I just ordered some Porterfield RS-4's today (F&R). Now all i need are some front rotors. I ran Hawk HP+'s last time and they were good, the place I called was out of +'s so I went with Porterfield this time. I had them before on my MR2 and they were great.

Might be stopping by Linsday soon... they sell their x-drilled for less than the stocks. I'd rather have the stocks, but x-drilled up front is okay for me if its cheaper.

Going to Summit Point next weekend so I need to get prepared. Anyone else going?

Feffman
03-03-07, 06:27 PM
Zeus:

I'm a big fan of Carbotech (www.CTBrakes.com) pads. Their Bobcat pad is great for the street with low dust and good bite. If you want a little more bite, the Panther XP Plus (I've used the XP Plus on my Esprit at the track) but they will squeak from time to time.

If you are swapping fluid, look at Motul's (www.Motul.com) RB600. Specs are noted below:

DOT Rating - 4
Dry Boiling Point - 594F
Wet Boiling Point - 421F
Compatible with other fluids - Yes
Container - 16.9 fluid ounce (500ml) plastic bottles, factory filled with nitrogen to preserve freshness

Good luck!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
www.MVPTrackTime.com

Chef
03-03-07, 09:11 PM
Hawk HP Plus is what I'm going to try now with ss brake lines.

lawfive
03-03-07, 09:37 PM
Hawk ceramic workin pretty well...

ZEUSROTTY
03-03-07, 10:53 PM
Hawk HP Plus is what I'm going to try now with ss brake lines.

where did you get the lines? front only or all four? May as well go for that too... By the way, I have yer maggie.:)