: Wooden Steering Wheel and No Navigation?

malatu
03-03-07, 04:17 PM
I found this car on Ebay that has wood on the steering wheel but no navigation. This is the first one I've seen like this. Is this unusual?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Cadillac-STS-V8-Heated-Vented-BOSE-CARFAX-Cert_W0QQitemZ180086647054QQihZ008QQcategoryZ12411 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

STS2002
03-05-07, 11:01 AM
Nope....you can get the wood package seperately from the Nav.

malatu
03-05-07, 04:51 PM
Thanks! Interesting, I've been looking at the sts on ebay for almost a year now and I simply don't remember seeing one with wood trim on the steering wheel that didn't have the Nav. As a matter of fact, the wooden steering wheel is the first thing I look for. I assumed the wooden steering wheel denoted the luxury package that included Nav. Again, thanks.

dan1166
03-06-07, 09:01 AM
Would you rather a Wooden Steering Wheel or the Nav system? After owning my 2006 STS for 9 months, I would take the steering wheel over the Nav system. Why, because the Nav system is the most difficult thing to use. Your better off going to mapquest for directions. Also, if you have OnStar, with directions and connections, Navigation is a duplicate system. This is a very expensive option that is so hard to use. Even a simple thing like setting your memory seats, must be done through the Navigation screen. This is a complete waste of money.

I talked to Cadillac customer assistance and they gave me a toll free Nav hot line to call with any questions. What does that tell you? It speaks volumes to me.

I recently visited the Philadelphia Auto show, and had the opportunity to try a Lexus Nav system. Just while sitting in the car, without an owners manual, I was able to program the Navigation system in less than a minute. I immediately went to the Cadillac display, and told the rep from Cadillac about my disappointment with the Nav system. And as usual, the same old answer. No one else is having a problem.

Cadillac always talks about the Mark of Excellance that is built into their cars. Is this the mark that they were trying to hit?