: K&N FILTER for N* V-8 AVAILABLE!

Smokin' SRX
03-03-07, 02:30 PM
K &N Part # 33-2356 is new air filter! Just e-mailed me! I had one on a V-6 GMC (4.3L) and it made a noticeable difference! Good luck! Am gonna order mine today! Hope autoanything.com has it!! :bouncy:

donjumpsuit
03-05-07, 09:58 AM
nice

05N*SRX
03-17-07, 01:28 PM
Yea it is nice I picked up some throttle response and about 1 MPG increase!

Jim_V
03-26-07, 03:23 PM
Installed mine friday. Haven't had a chance to really see the difference. Reset my Average MPG counter. Was 13.8 prior to reset. Will report back after a week of driving.

donjumpsuit
03-27-07, 10:48 AM
So with all this talk, I got the filter,
and at 27k miles, with replacement of the original (and super dirty) old filter, my srx now performs like it was shot out of a cannon.

It is definitely quicker to its shift points, I approve, and would recommend it to everyone. Easy install as well.

TSS
03-27-07, 11:55 AM
my srx now performs like it was shot out of a cannon.

Forgive me, but are you serious?

I was going to pass on the filter for this vehicle since it is a 27 month lease and I planned on never replacing the filter. I have had many K&N filters in the past and like them a lot. BUT: I have never noticed the type of performance claim you did. If you are serious I may give it a shot!

TSS
03-27-07, 01:56 PM
What the heck. I just ordered it from autoanything.com. $43.95 with free shipping.

I will advise as to whether I perceive any increased gas mileage or performance. Even if I don't, K&N filters are still great values.

Jim_V
03-27-07, 02:31 PM
Definite improvement in performance. Highly recommend! Will advise on the mileage next week.

donjumpsuit
03-27-07, 03:12 PM
Seriously TSS,
I am a big skeptic of almost anything, doing tons of research online for just about any product I purchase. I did buy it from auto anything as well, shipped it right to me, didn't have to prep it, it came soaked in its own oil.

Like I said, my air filter was the original, that had 27k on it. I don't live in that dusty of a climate, and there was plenty of crap jammed in it, but I have a feeling, the mesh in the K&N is a better technology, more pass through of air. And in the end, 45 bucks (I am in the middle of a two year lease) is about a tank of gas, and if it saves me one dollar a tank over the lifetime of my lease, it pays off.

I mean, the volant intake (kinda skeptical on using non-OEM items in todays electronically tuned engines), the corsa exhaust, these products i would not install in a lease vehicle, but an airfilter that pops in, lets do it.

TSS
03-27-07, 04:26 PM
I mean, the volant intake (kinda skeptical on using non-OEM items in todays electronically tuned engines), the corsa exhaust, these products i would not install in a lease vehicle, but an airfilter that pops in, lets do it.

The only other thing I would also invest in (if it was available for the N* SRX) would be a SuperChips programmer. I'll tell you what. It improved my 2001 Tahoe's zero to sixty performance by nearly a second and a half. If it is available for any other vehicle members here have, GET IT!! Autoanything will take it back if you don't like it or don't want it for any reason whatsoever. Nothing to lose.

namraps
03-28-07, 09:28 PM
Just got my 2001 Deville back from the local Cadillac dealer where I had $3000.00 + work done. When I got home I noticed they had replaced my K&N air filter with a GM paper filter. When I went back and asked service manager he said, "GM doesn't recommend using K&M because of the proximity of the Air Mass Sensor to the air cleaner". Has anybody heard of this, or is he feeding me a line of crap. I've used K&N's on the last four or five vehicles I've owned, including my motorcycles. Never had any problem, only good results.
Anybody?

n7don_srx
03-28-07, 10:56 PM
Actually Yes.... don't recall if it was a TSB or just info in TechLink (once was available online but not now) Basically the info stated mass airflow sensor malfunctions were trace/related to "over" oiling the filter after cleaning and the oil redeposited on the sensor.... or similar words. However if you google "mass airflow sensor over oiling" K & N refutes the claim in one of the first hits from this search. I would have thought courtesy would dictate they inform you before taking this action.

Edit: there's discussion of this in another forum http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,47091.new.html
part way down the discussion.

coati
04-04-07, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know if the new K & N filter will work in an '06 STS w/Northstar?
The K & N website lists it for an '07 STS.
Thanks in advance.

TSS
04-09-07, 07:31 AM
Forgive me, but are you serious?

I was going to pass on the filter for this vehicle since it is a 27 month lease and I planned on never replacing the filter. I have had many K&N filters in the past and like them a lot. BUT: I have never noticed the type of performance claim you did. If you are serious I may give it a shot!

I am eating crow. Just got back from vacation on Saturday and the K&N was waiting for me. Installed it yesterday. Unbelievable, but I notice a distinct performance difference. I would simply not believe it until I tried it myself. AND, my OEM filter was not dirty (only 7300 miles on vehicle).

I have owned many K&N filters and never had a difference like this. I can't explain it either. No such similar difference with the K&N in my 2001 SLS, which also has a Northstar (275 HP, versus the SRX 320 HP).

Bottom line: If you have the N*, try the K&N for 43 bucks. You will not regret it and you never need to buy another filter again.

coati
04-12-07, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the post.
It does work in the '06 STS w/Northstar & should work on all '05-'07 STS models whether V6 or V8.
I just installed it tonight & I do feel a bit more power & hopefully along with it improved gas mileage as well.
:)