: New To Fleetwoods - Advice on buying '95

AlMiller
03-03-07, 07:53 AM
Folks -

I did take the time to read through a lot of these posts! Wow! What a resource.

I've had a Roadmaster Wagon in my past ('95) and I have a chance to purchase a pretty good condition, '95 Fleetwood - for $2800. 82k miles. Dash has a few cracks (front to back) on it. Seats are pretty good - but dirty (how the heck do you clean them?) - everything works well. It looks good - the left rear window doesn't work - the turn signal indicators on the hood don't light up (turn signals work) - trunk light does not work. There is a 5" x 9" "tear" in the fabric on the pillar between the front and rear driver side door.

I'm trying to get a sense if this is a fair market price - a good or great deal - etc - etc. I'd have to get it cleaned up - but - I really just want a car to drive to work & back - with the minimal amout of issues (that you can get with a 11 year old car that is).

You folks are the experts - please let me know - and thanks.

Al Miller

jayoldschool
03-03-07, 09:15 AM
Sounds not bad. The cosmetic issues are ones that you will have to live with, so let the car's mechanical condition guide you. The good news is that the car is the same as your wagon as far as engine/trans/suspension etc.

caddycruiser
03-03-07, 10:04 PM
All those little cosmetic things are present on a LOT of these cars that you'll find, and for the mileage, that price sounds like an absolute steal if it's been well kept mechanically.

The pillar material is always torn or worn (simple to re-do, or should be), the window issue is either a bad motor (relatively rare) OR the ever present and common on every GM B/D body car made in the 90's--bad sliders, that need replaced by rollers--another easy driveway fix, trunk light could either be a bad bulb or broken wire (same problem with my '95, oddly enough, and somehow the wire just got rubbed and ripped), the turn signal indicators sometimes do go funny, and the dash pads do develop some cracks--get a cover. The dirty seats? Simplest thing in the world...get some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and mix up a spray bottle of water & Woolite, and go to work. That might sound like a different kind of cleaning, but it works great--and then just follow up with quality leather conditioner.

All very common things, and very minor, for the price. I'd jump on it if the mechanicals are all there, and take a couple bucks to fix the little details.

96Fleetwood
03-04-07, 08:39 AM
I agree, at that price you have room to work with the minor flaws :thumbsup:

v90hamm77
03-04-07, 10:55 AM
That is a steal. Forget the cosmetics as long as the motor and trans. is good!!!

BCs71
03-08-07, 01:41 PM
Great price assuming mechanics (engine, trans, rear end, suspension, etc) are all in good working condition!

N0DIH
03-09-07, 07:44 AM
Check it in slow tight turns like full left/right like parking lot manuvers. Most seem to have noisy lower lower ball joints. I used to be able to get mine to shut up with greasing the lower ball joints, but not anymore. Also don't forget to grease the wheel stops too (the hard metal stop where the spindle hits at full lock) they also make noise.

Look for broken exhaust manifold bolts, they are commonplace too.