: How to remove the upper and lower grille

04CTSVFLA
03-03-07, 02:47 AM
I need to remove my upper and lower grilles as wlel as the chrome trim pieces, can someone please tell me how, or link me to somewhere that does. Thanks!

Also, does anyone know a way to align and balance the distance between the bumper/hood on both sides (other than the small black screw things) because mines no as close together as Id like it to be. Thanks again.

04CTSVFLA
03-03-07, 12:29 PM
chef...dennis? I know some of you have to know this answer....as youve had to take these pieces off in the past.....BUMP

folex187
03-04-07, 02:40 AM
Bump.. I want to black mine out too.

ctsvflorida
03-04-07, 12:03 PM
I need to remove my upper and lower grilles as wlel as the chrome trim pieces, can someone please tell me how, or link me to somewhere that does. Thanks!

Also, does anyone know a way to align and balance the distance between the bumper/hood on both sides (other than the small black screw things) because mines no as close together as Id like it to be. Thanks again.

It's very easy to do for only you Jarett (04CTSFLA) First get the car near a fence or a tree or something for leverage. Then, get wire to make it easier for you and make sure it is long, like 15 feet or so. Weave it through each grill evenly on each side and be sure it is secure. Then...once it is evenly through, tie another piece of wire or rope, to the wire sort of harness you made, and wrap that around the tree or fence that you pulled up to and get in your car, start your car and hit reverse, dumping the clutch from 3k and the grills will be easily removed, they should be in the same condition as you, and ready for your mods! Have a good day!

04CTSVFLA
03-04-07, 02:10 PM
what gives man?

04CTSVFLA
03-04-07, 02:10 PM
they should be in the same condition as you,

thats just a ****ass comment.

04CTSVFLA
03-04-07, 02:41 PM
anyone got a non-alcohol induced response for me? LOL

folex187
03-04-07, 04:55 PM
OMG- I tried it and it ripped my entire bumper off. I must have looped things too tight. I hope this is something the warranty will cover.

Howard Sharf
03-04-07, 06:09 PM
I had the lower grill knocked out when I hit a raccoon. I thought I would need a new one but the grill itself is quite flexible. If you look behind the grill the frame is held to the front clip with a bunch of screws. The grill it held to the frame with a group of screws holding the inner to the outer frame. It will make sense once you look at it. I replaced the grill in about 20 min. I have not checked the upper grill but I suspect it will be the same.

SoSueMe
03-04-07, 06:18 PM
Brian, does it have to be a tree or fence? or could we substitute the tree or fence for perhaps a CTS w/ lambo doors and jacked V emblemz?

ctsvflorida
03-05-07, 04:37 PM
Brian, does it have to be a tree or fence? or could we substitute the tree or fence for perhaps a CTS w/ lambo doors and jacked V emblemz?

Robin, the substitution should be better than both! lol

RamAir02
03-05-07, 05:03 PM
:yeah: