ZEUSROTTY
03-02-07, 11:38 PM
bump...

suprane1
03-03-07, 11:01 PM
Please clarify, what is a WW spacer?

RunningOnEMT
03-04-07, 03:40 AM
if anyone has a set or pair or however they come that they can loan me i can have them duplicated on a CNC machine if there are enough people interested in them

folex187
03-04-07, 04:24 AM
I'm interested for sure..

TXSilverV
03-04-07, 10:13 AM
me to!

RunningOnEMT
03-04-07, 11:11 AM
i just need the parts and a week or so for measurement and design, then a week or so to organize the time in the machine shop

wildwhl
03-04-07, 01:26 PM
IGMV -

I was hoping you would jump on this. The equipment you can use will knock them out easily, much more easily then my silly little laser cutter was. Besides, the Delrin was jackin' up the insides of the machine.

I can send you dimensions...just need to open up the file at work.

WW

Edit: Found the files here at home.

Small insert bushing - .984 od, .6695 id, about 1/2" height (anybody recall the material height?)

Top bushing - 1.89 od., 6695 id - used various 1/8" or so rubber and .236" or so Delrin to make the kit *adjustable*

Bottom bushing - .4331 id, 1.89 od - same materials as top bushing, but quite frankly, everyone is lowering in the 1" range, so simply a single piece of 1/8" rubber as a NVH item is sufficient, IMHO.

On that note, the top bushing could simply be a 1/8" piece of rubber per the bottom, and a 1" aluminum, or delrin, or ??? spacer and it would work just fine. I was only able to cut through the thinner materials with the laser...

RunningOnEMT
03-05-07, 07:51 AM
hmmm... the rubber might be a trick... but i can figure something out

WW can you still send me a drawing file? .tif .dwg anything?

folex187
03-05-07, 01:22 PM
IgotmeaV- Are you doing them on a CNC?

RunningOnEMT
03-05-07, 01:31 PM
i'd make a couple by hand to get the process exacted, then see if i can send them to our CNC shop, i'd need more than 2 people to make that worthwhile ( at least 10-15 sets to make it viable)

since GC sells them with their kits now, it might be limited

I can make a couple sets for people on a one off basis but they might be kinda pricey...

Flyin-Ryan
03-05-07, 02:36 PM
If im correct and your talking about the spacers needed to lower the FE4s then yes Im in also

RunningOnEMT
03-05-07, 02:39 PM
that would be them...i guess, still confused by these shock things

i thought all V shocks were self leveling

RunningOnEMT
03-05-07, 02:41 PM
IGMV -

I was hoping you would jump on this. The equipment you can use will knock them out easily, much more easily then my silly little laser cutter was. Besides, the Delrin was jackin' up the insides of the machine.

WW

Small insert bushing - .984 od, .6695 id, about 1/2" height (anybody recall the material height?)

Top bushing - 1.89 od., 6695 id - used various 1/8" or so rubber and .236" or so Delrin to make the kit *adjustable*

Bottom bushing - .4331 id, 1.89 od - same materials as top bushing, but quite frankly, everyone is lowering in the 1" range, so simply a single piece of 1/8" rubber as a NVH item is sufficient, IMHO.

On that note, the top bushing could simply be a 1/8" piece of rubber per the bottom, and a 1" aluminum, or delrin, or ??? spacer and it would work just fine. I was only able to cut through the thinner materials with the laser...

i'll pop those in to Pro-Machining tonight and post up some individual and mass produced prices in themorning

Dreamin
03-05-07, 02:51 PM
Someone should call Ground Control and see if they will sell just the shock spacers.

Flyin-Ryan
03-05-07, 02:53 PM
I sent GC an email over 2 weeks ago about that. No reply

RunningOnEMT
03-05-07, 03:18 PM
Someone should call Ground Control and see if they will sell just the shock spacers.

already asked, they don't

gotta buy the kit

RunningOnEMT
03-05-07, 03:22 PM
IGMV -

WW

still slightly confused by your description bill...

got a picture of the kit?

Nels
03-05-07, 03:57 PM
I can make them if you are interested. I have a small machine shop. I made mine out of aluminum.

Nels

folex187
03-05-07, 05:10 PM
If anyone can make them email me the price at folex187 AT charter DOT net

Thank you!

Nels
03-05-07, 05:27 PM
If anyone can make them email me the price at folex187 AT charter DOT net

Thank you!

I sent you an email in reagrds to this post.

Nels

RunningOnEMT
03-05-07, 05:40 PM
well there ya go ... Nels can do it... :annoyed:

:rofl:

folex187
03-05-07, 05:44 PM
Ok, nothing has come through yet but I will watch for it.

Thank you!

folex187
03-05-07, 06:48 PM
Email never came through. Maybe try my other one- beltsandthings AT charter DOT net

Thanx!

Nels
03-05-07, 07:21 PM
Email never came through. Maybe try my other one- beltsandthings AT charter DOT net

Thanx!

I sent the email. Why do you post your email address differently? is it

@charter.dot.net

Nels

wildwhl
03-05-07, 09:57 PM
This page tells it all:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/lowercts/index.html

Also note that laser cutter has a bit of *kerf* so the dimensions above may not be exact - only close (but close enough me thinks).

Both FE4 and FG2 shocks are Nivomats - aka self bouncing, or level demselves errr somthin shocks...

WW

folex187
03-05-07, 10:14 PM
Oops.

@charter.net

I posted it that way to avoid spam.

RunningOnEMT
03-05-07, 10:28 PM
well is nels can't make them...just lemme knwo i'll order some raw mats up and book some shop time

Nels
03-06-07, 08:02 AM
Oops.

@charter.net

I posted it that way to avoid spam.

Ok. I sent the email again.

Nels

Nels
03-06-07, 11:45 AM
There’s not problem to make the spacers. There is no minimum order required. I have my own lathe and mill. It doesn’t take long to make.

Nels

trukk
03-06-07, 04:50 PM
well is nels can't make them...just lemme knwo i'll order some raw mats up and book some shop time

Heh,

I've got a set of the spacers sitting on my shelf that WW sent me a while back. I'm in the DC area, if you need to borrow a set. Just let me know.

-Chris

Flyin-Ryan
03-06-07, 10:23 PM
IgotmeaV Let me know and Ill buy a set off you

RunningOnEMT
03-06-07, 10:27 PM
Heh,

I've got a set of the spacers sitting on my shelf that WW sent me a while back. I'm in the DC area, if you need to borrow a set. Just let me know.

-Chris

yeah i'll take a look at em if you wanna throw em in an envelope or something... i'm not going to be up near elkridge for a while ....

i can knock out a couple sets for people ... i'm not gonna make too many of them as it would be economically prohibitive unless i was going to take the business from GC

wildwhl
03-07-07, 12:34 AM
GC's solution has been reported to be (slightly) lacking.

Sell them a better product ;)

WW

RunningOnEMT
03-07-07, 01:59 AM
good idea... lol

ZEUSROTTY
03-07-07, 02:58 AM
GC's solution has been reported to be (slightly) lacking.

Sell them a better product ;)

WW

what do ya mean?

trukk
03-07-07, 04:12 PM
yeah i'll take a look at em if you wanna throw em in an envelope or something... i'm not going to be up near elkridge for a while ....

i can knock out a couple sets for people ... i'm not gonna make too many of them as it would be economically prohibitive unless i was going to take the business from GC

I work down at the Navy Yard, so we could meet up somewhere around DC.

PM me.

-Chris

LUVMY04V
03-07-07, 05:15 PM
WHich would be better aluminum or rubber??? im guessing hard rubber will give more. Is that what u want?? or is nels aluminum answer the best??