: Need A Set Of Spacers!!!!! Quickly!!!

ZEUSROTTY
03-02-07, 05:04 PM
LOWERING MY CAR AND ADDING HOTCHKINS SWAYS, AND I NEED SPACERS FOR A TRACK DAY, AT THE END OF THE MONTH... gONNA GO BEAT UP ON SOME AUDIS... ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A SET, OR HOW TO MAKE THEM?

trukk
03-02-07, 05:27 PM
Dunno about the spacer (I assume you mean wheel spacers? Search for posts from Dreamin or wldwhl, as they did a bunch of testing on this I believe).

Don't forget to change your endlinks, since you are lowering. If you don't you'll bend yours up. C5 Z06 links are supposed to work good. I bought a pair, but haven;t put them on yet (waiting to put GC on later).

Good luck, and give us a report after your track day.

-Chris

Dreamin
03-02-07, 05:30 PM
AUDIS????

PM Wildwhl!!!!!!!

ZEUSROTTY
03-02-07, 05:31 PM
AUDIS????

PM Wildwhl!!!!!!!

HE SAID HE DOESNT MAKE THEM ANYMORE... AND I MEAN THE STRUT SPACERS FOR THE NIVOMATS...

folex187
03-02-07, 06:24 PM
I'm also trying to get a set. I've searched about 13 pages of posts and no one has ever posted specs on what they should be..

urbanski
03-02-07, 06:36 PM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3138/yourcapslockwq4.gif

ZEUSROTTY
03-02-07, 06:42 PM
I was yelling... I really need these quickly, or i need someone who knows how to make them... WW isnt making them anymore...

ZEUSROTTY
03-02-07, 11:39 PM
bumpy

DILLIGAF
03-03-07, 12:02 AM
Just order a ground control kit,you'll have it next week

ZEUSROTTY
03-03-07, 12:14 AM
yeah, i think im leaning towards it now... is it 500 for a full set? how hard is the install?

DILLIGAF
03-03-07, 12:22 AM
Most of the guys in here have taken the guess work out of the install,my kit is on the garage floor still(lazy)I'm going to do it myself and then go get an alignment.It's quality stuff, street and track proven.WW's lowering tricks were ground breaking 2 years ago,he has a Ground Control kit on his car now, after all he was involved in the development of the kit.And ya,about 500

wildwhl
03-03-07, 05:17 PM
rp64ctsv -

Must clarify...WW has a stock suspension now.

GC kit shipped back to GC with original FG2's for analysis, if they want.

WW has fun car called Lotus, returns V to sleepers status, finds he missed the joy of that :wtf: look on the M/AMG/RS car pilots.

WW out.

RunningOnEMT
03-03-07, 05:19 PM
they actually advertise it on their site as haivng the WW mod

ZEUSROTTY
03-03-07, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I saw that. I cant wait.

RunningOnEMT
03-03-07, 05:22 PM
Description:

Cadillac CTS-V Coilover spring conversion for the stock shocks.

Adjustable ride height kit, featuring all billet aluminum hardware and springs made by Eibach Spring USA. All parts of this kit are anodized or plated to ensure the highest quality possible.

This kit INCLUDES the parts to modify the rear shock mounts to lower the rear of your CTS-V. (Thanks to Will from Reno)

Your choice of spring rates, or we can assist you in making the choice. The "street performance" spring rate option is the most useful for any CTS-V driving, unless you are doing serious amounts of track days or autocross events.

To ask for advice on choosing spring rates, select the "please call me" option in the spring selection menu.

We have specifically developed this kit fpr the CTS-V, and have not tested it or recommend it for any other car.

folex187
03-03-07, 05:47 PM
The only potential problem I see with the GC kit is the dealer denying a blown diff blaming it on the suspension. The WW mod is stealth enough that I doubt they would notice.

wildwhl
03-03-07, 11:57 PM
When I was running the original grooved stock FG2's in front with mildly cut rear coils, the dealer never new a thing. If I recall correctly, a diff was replaced during this time.

They also never gave me any grief over the GC kit, but I didn't blow a diff...or a seal for that matter :thepan:

WW

DILLIGAF
03-04-07, 12:01 AM
rp64ctsv -

Must clarify...WW has a stock suspension now.

GC kit shipped back to GC with original FG2's for analysis, if they want.

WW has fun car called Lotus, returns V to sleepers status, finds he missed the joy of that :wtf: look on the M/AMG/RS car pilots.

WW out.
Stock height=yuck!

I am surprised:confused:

folex187
03-04-07, 02:34 AM
Ya, considering I have an 06 diff on the way already I know how important this warranty really is. The thought of the dealer some hoe blaming the diff on the "race" suspension or whatever else they might call it scares me. We need spacers! I know someone has to have the specs or a "how to" make your own.