: tuned sts-v's take xtra care in the wet.

caddyv8v
03-02-07, 07:27 AM
guys be careful if you tune your sts-v. yesterday, after completing a turn, fully stright pressed the gas enough to engage boost. i am guessing because it happened so fast, that when (in d) third gear hit, the car went completly sideways on a three lane divided road. yes the roads were wet, but i was not giving it more gas than i thought required to accelerate briskly. really surprised me...for the next mile, all the cars behind me stayed back 500 yards or so. the v is a beast in the dry, but should be driven granny style in the wet.

Kadonny
03-02-07, 08:10 AM
I always drive it granny style in the wet with no tune.

Did you ever give us your tune info? Where, what, how much, performance increase?

Davidstan
03-02-07, 10:39 AM
I always drive it granny style in the wet with no tune.

Did you ever give us your tune info? Where, what, how much, performance increase?

Points to caddyv8v for the heads up on the rain driving and also info he shared about his tune but i dont want to steal his thunder. I am going to wait a few 1000 miles before i do anything but he says the car really comes alive.

caddyv8v
03-03-07, 07:17 AM
from my observations, the sts-v is not really needing additional power, instead it needs the ability/go ahead from the ecu to allow it to be present on demand & hit the ground. stock, at times my v seemed like 469hp...while at other moments seemed down in power. my ecu upgrade adds a little hp, but by far adds performance by removing the nanny controls. the car just noticibly pulls harder in
1st & 2nd. i do not drive the car enough to have tested it to comment in 3rd & up (after 11 months of ownership, i have just hit 5000 miles on the odometer). i hope this helps.

caddyv8v
03-03-07, 07:25 AM
obtw...i did contact south fl pulley to see if they had something for our cars.

FTT843
03-11-07, 08:48 PM
Haha I guess you are new to boosted cars, I have a Spirt R/T running 18psi of boost, Its a bear wet or dry.

caddyv8v
03-12-07, 02:53 PM
exactly, i have never owned a s/c car. years ago i had an eagle talon, but it was short lived and mostly stock.
south fl pulley has not had a sts-v in yet...maybe someone in fl will provide them with some specs.

vixapphire
03-12-07, 07:27 PM
my jag s type R was great in the wet, and really any time you took the traction off. went hog wild. too bad the drivetrain's built for shite. www.thelurch.com

my recently-sold e55 wagon was the king of all driving conditions though (except maybe snow, where it was never tested). with the extra weight over the rear wheels vs. the sedan version, the 519 lb-ft of torque would shear your balls off when you stepped on the throttle. if that's torture, book my room at gitmo now...

i'm driving a '72 280SE 4.5 merc right now, as it's always been a dream of mine to do so, and i'm loving it. meanwhile, i'm hoping to get an xlr-v at the right price down the road about a year or so, depending on whether there's any great deals like superior had in december on outgoing stock, or if the used market proves to be buyer-friendly for high-quality gently used cars. we'll see. cadillacs have always been my favorite driving cars.

meanwhile, back on the subject at hand, how much does the ECU and other mentioned upgrades cost?

Dr. Design
03-12-07, 09:09 PM
Hello,
Just FYI, we are coming out with a pulley upgrade for both the XLR-V and the STS-V. We have already done testing and hope to see the first productions items here in about a week. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

6DN69
03-24-07, 12:25 PM
Hello,
Just FYI, we are coming out with a pulley upgrade for both the XLR-V and the STS-V. We have already done testing and hope to see the first productions items here in about a week. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

What's the status and price of the pulley? Thanks :)

Silver Dollar
03-24-07, 12:57 PM
I always drive it granny style .....

See, I can use self control. :)

VelocitySTSV
03-25-07, 08:23 AM
Mr. Caddy V8V.. what are slotted mufflers? How do you like them so far? Can you still use your bluetooth on the highway or is are they too loud now?

caddyv8v
03-25-07, 09:15 AM
good questions. i started and lived with 4 slots for about 2 months...just too loud inside the car, but sounded like a cammed car from the outside. a few weeks ago i sealed two of the slots and eliminated the unwanted sound from the inside, but have retained a nice deep sound that even the wife is ok with. i have only driven the car a couple of times on the highway, and then not far (only have 5k on the car after a year). never used the blue tooth...but now the car is very quiet driving, but sounds imho like it sould have oe.

Dr. Design
03-28-07, 06:43 PM
Hello,
The pulley is part of the stage 2 package. There are items included in stage 2 that will ensure your vehicle runs efficiently at all times. The stage 2 package will increase HP up to 575. Pricing for that level of performance is $5025. We are now scheduling appointments for late April if you are interested.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

What's the status and price of the pulley? Thanks :)

CadV
03-29-07, 03:28 PM
Hello,
The pulley is part of the stage 2 package. There are items included in stage 2 that will ensure your vehicle runs efficiently at all times. The stage 2 package will increase HP up to 575. Pricing for that level of performance is $5025. We are now scheduling appointments for late April if you are interested.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

Sorry man but your prices are insanely high.