: First V-Nightmare

TrazzNJ
03-01-07, 09:15 PM
60mph on the highway and I hear a slapping noise, get an engine light....WTF
I pull over , lift the hood and my belt is frayed to half its original width and strands are slapping everything!!!. Killed the hood insulation, cut the MAP wiring harness right off , and beat up the TPS connector. Limped to a NY Caddy dealer who didn't have a belt. 2 hours later, the belt is on, car is running without the MAP,and I have to drive 90 miles home.
I made it but it sucked!!
Comments, Pity....anything!!
P.S. Anyone know of a TSB for the Idler pulley coming loose?? Thats what caused the belt to take a s*#t.

RunningOnEMT
03-01-07, 09:17 PM
send a PM to "Lindsay Cadillac" or "ewill3rd" at lindsay cadillac they'll tell you if there's a TSB for that...

again ... another reason that losing the TSB's on the FAQ SUCKS!!!!!!!!

DILLIGAF
03-01-07, 09:17 PM
Bummer!Oh and keep a spare belt,flashlight,first aid kit,road flares in your everything.

1QUICKV
03-01-07, 10:05 PM
Bummer!Oh and keep a spare belt,flashlight,first aid kit,road flares in your everything.

and a tool box, a lighter, sum duck tape and blow torch, tie wraps and a jack and jack supports etc. maybe a ramp or just a cell phone and call you local dealer. just joking around =)

DILLIGAF
03-01-07, 10:11 PM
and a tool box, a lighter, sum duck tape and blow torch, tie wraps and a jack and jack supports etc. maybe a ramp or just a cell phone and call you local dealer. just joking around =)When I was 14,helping a neighbor move.2 hours from home,almost midnight on an interstate,threw a fan belt.Dude pulls over,we throw on the spare.Ever since then i'm prepared for almost anything.:worship:

heavymetals
03-01-07, 11:21 PM
Sorry it happened.

Makes a mess of the hoodliner :mad:

If your belt ever slips off or rides up onto the lip, replace it.

Mine gave me plenty of warning before it let go.

I carry a spare and a long box end wrench from Sears to leverage the tensioner.

wildwhl
03-02-07, 12:15 AM
Sorry it happened.

Makes a mess of the hoodliner :mad:

If your belt ever slips off or rides up onto the lip, replace it.

Mine gave me plenty of warning before it let go.

I carry a spare and a long box end wrench from Sears to leverage the tensioner.

:yeah:

WW

TrazzNJ
03-02-07, 10:21 AM
Yep, it started squeakin and I should have known but the noise went away for about 2 weeks and I thought maybe it was wet?? I'm buying a spare Gatorback and I'll always have a wrench and I flashlight in the car.

ctsvflorida
03-02-07, 03:45 PM
Yep, it started squeakin and I should have known but the noise went away for about 2 weeks and I thought maybe it was wet?? I'm buying a spare Gatorback and I'll always have a wrench and I flashlight in the car.

It's really a shame that we have to do these things on practically new cars! I think mine was changed like a year ago from the dealer...I don't remember.

CVP33
03-02-07, 06:29 PM
I have the following:

2 - rolls of duct tape
1 - cheese grater
1 - ball gag
1 - live gerbil
2' long piece of 1/2" PVC
1 - Family size vaseline
1 - Ping Pong Paddle
Digital Camera
Nine Inch Nails CD (any)

What was the question again? :confused:

ctsvflorida
03-03-07, 08:49 AM
I have the following:

2 - rolls of duct tape
1 - cheese grater
1 - ball gag
1 - live gerbil
2' long piece of 1/2" PVC
1 - Family size vaseline
1 - Ping Pong Paddle
Digital Camera
Nine Inch Nails CD (any)

What was the question again? :confused:

The dealer let you keep all that stuff when you had your V? Couldn't you just show your scars and stratch marks? :eek: