: Installed B&B on my 07' Escalade

hcvone
03-01-07, 10:58 AM
Install was simple, took about 30 minutes, did it on a lift, had to cut the stock exhaust to remove the system (one cut behind the muffler, so it could be put back on) good rumble sound at idle, not much noise at curise, plenty of sound at full throttle, and great performance gain, it when into traction control mode shifting first to second and second to third. Truck is 100% stock except the exhaust, will put the Volant on when I get the Preditor from my shop. In case you do not know the B&B exits out the passenger side like on the 02's to 06' models, would have liked it to come straight out the back, but doesn't bother that much. Fit and finish was very good, very pleased. :)

slk230mb
03-01-07, 11:06 AM
Pics?

hcvone
03-01-07, 12:31 PM
http://www.bbexhaust.com/suv/escalade/

My camera is at the Poconos

GTSJOE97
03-12-07, 01:51 PM
in the inside of the truck do you think it is louder than stock or is it the same

hcvone
03-12-07, 02:08 PM
Louder than stock, slight increase at idle, a little noise to a slight drone at 2600-3000, but just at that rpm and only under load, cruising from 60-85 slightly more noise than stock, maybe. Getting on it's another story, it barks at full throttle, between the engine and the exhaust it sounds like my Z06. It really sounds more like an old big block, nice sound without being annoying, it took a few days to get used to because stock is pretty quite, now I do not really notice it until I get on it, or pullout in traffic. Two 07' Escalade owners over the weekend followed me and "pulled me over" to see what exhaust I had on Saturday, I hope they will both become members this week. :)

GTSJOE97
03-12-07, 02:46 PM
I just worry about interior noise and drone I never tow just have the kids and a dvd playing I just dont want to regret putting it on

hcvone
03-12-07, 04:17 PM
Have not sat in the back since installing, well or ever, I will do that and let you know if the noise is worse. I just have to chage things, it's a sickness :(

GTSJOE97
03-12-07, 04:50 PM
i have the same prob.

tc3
03-12-07, 06:49 PM
Did u have a B&B on ur old 03 too? If so,(or not) how does it compare?

hcvone
03-12-07, 07:00 PM
I had Corsa on my 03', first Corsa Sport, they were on for two days, then replaced with Corsa Touring which were on for 3 years, the Sport was way too loud for me, the Touring while on the quite side did make noise when you got on it. The B&B makes more noise than the Corsa Touring, but while the Corsa made more of a "boat" type exhaust note, the B&B sounds like a big block, a low rumble type of sound, and the B&B is a side exit like the 02's to 06's, so it looks stock like. I will have pixs up on my site soon showing the exhaust. :)

tc3
03-12-07, 07:18 PM
After hearing the B&B sound clip, I'm reconsidering the Corsa. But, I really like the twin sport look of the Corsa still. Do they differ much? U mentioned the side exhaust, don't the exit in the same spot?
Hmmm...Did you take your Corsa off before trading/selling your 03?

zx6racer
03-12-07, 09:49 PM
I love my Corsa. I have the sport out the back. Sounds like a big block.

hcvone
03-13-07, 07:55 AM
After hearing the B&B sound clip, I'm reconsidering the Corsa. But, I really like the twin sport look of the Corsa still. Do they differ much? U mentioned the side exhaust, don't the exit in the same spot?
Hmmm...Did you take your Corsa off before trading/selling your 03?

The Corsa systems for 02' to 06' exit the same place as the B&B's 2007 system, the 2007 Corsa system you can get out the back, or out the side. I did not like the sound of the B&B for my 2003, and went with Corsa Touring, but the B&B for 2007 is different and sounds really good. I sold my truck with the Corsa system on, it was on for 3 years and did not want to take it off. :)

hcvone
03-13-07, 07:56 AM
I love my Corsa. I have the sport out the back. Sounds like a big block.

I have had 5 Corsa systems, 3 B&B systems and 3 Borla systems and even 2 Gibson systems. I am old. :(

tc3
03-13-07, 12:05 PM
Wow, So you've tried just about all of them! U'd make a good review/test guy...So B&B is ur favorite?

hcvone
03-13-07, 12:42 PM
Really depends on the car, the Borla's were on my C4 Corvette's, they sounded good, and I was much younger, had one B&B system on one of my 2000 Corvette convertibles, sounded good, then on my next 4 C5 Corvette's I had Corsa, which I liked the sound better, then on my 03' Escalade I was going with B&B's until I heard them, then changed to Corsa, liked it better. On my newest 07' that has the B&B, I went with them because they were the only company to go as big or bigger diameter than stock (3 1/4), Corsa went smaller than stock (3") , is that a big deal, no not at all, I am sure the Corsa still flows better than stock, another thing was the price, not that it is a huge difference, but the B&B was $150.00 cheaper than the Corsa. I still have a GM performance exhaust new in box that I will sell for $500.00 shipped, it costs 750.00

zx6racer
03-13-07, 08:02 PM
I had the Corsa on my 03 EXT and my Ex's 02 SLS.

tc3
03-14-07, 12:11 AM
Is ur GM perf for an 02-06?

hcvone
03-14-07, 08:06 AM
No 6.2 engine, for 2007 Denali, Tahoe or Escalade

cmac40
03-15-07, 02:42 AM
Really depends on the car, the Borla's were on my C4 Corvette's, they sounded good, and I was much younger, had one B&B system on one of my 2000 Corvette convertibles, sounded good, then on my next 4 C5 Corvette's I had Corsa, which I liked the sound better, then on my 03' Escalade I was going with B&B's until I heard them, then changed to Corsa, liked it better. On my newest 07' that has the B&B, I went with them because they were the only company to go as big or bigger diameter than stock (3 1/4), Corsa went smaller than stock (3") , is that a big deal, no not at all, I am sure the Corsa still flows better than stock, another thing was the price, not that it is a huge difference, but the B&B was $150.00 cheaper than the Corsa. I still have a GM performance exhaust new in box that I will sell for $500.00 shipped, it costs 750.00
what size pipes are on the gm performance and is it louder then the b&b

hcvone
03-15-07, 07:37 AM
The GM performance system is either made by Borla or Corsa, it's a 3" system like Corsa uses, it's the Touring system, not the Sport system which like the Corsa Sport system is louder than the Touring system. The GM performance system is not as loud as the B&B system, the B&B is louder than the Corsa Touring. :)

GTSJOE97
03-15-07, 07:11 PM
do you have any pics of the gm perf. exhaust I am in ohio and travel to new jersey every month I could stop by and pic it up

hcvone
03-16-07, 08:37 AM
do you have any pics of the gm perf. exhaust I am in ohio and travel to new jersey every month I could stop by and pic it up

Joe, as I said I am pretty sure that Corsa made it for GM, it looks like the Corsa Touring system less Corsa's tip. I do have the angle cut optional chrome tip that goes with the system. Here is the best pix, mine is in my garage in the box GM shipped it to me, all paperwork and instruction are there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-6-2-ESCALADE-DENALI-GM-PERFORMANCE-TOURING-EXHAUST_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQitemZ805 4551599QQtcZphoto#ebayphotohosting

medlines
03-26-07, 06:25 PM
hcvone, I know you had a lot of exhausts on your cars,so you have experience with exhausts but how do you feel with this B&B exhaust. how do you favour this one against the other manufacturers. on a scale to ten, where to you position the B&B.
Now that you had it installed for a while, does the sound bother you , is it too loud, does it bother the rear passengers in the truck.
and by any chance do you have the dimensions of the box the pieces came with, cause I would like to ship it out of the states.
you promised you are going to cast some pics ??????!!!!!!!!!
please give me more info .
thanks.

hcvone
03-26-07, 07:14 PM
You can see the side exit B&B on my web site on pixs one and two under the 07' Escalade section. I am total used to the sound and love it, I sat in the rear while a friend drove it around, it was slightly louder in the rear, but only slightly louder, and I don't sit back there ;) The only two exhausts I would get would be B&B or Corsa Touring, the Corsa Sport (had one on my 03' before switching it to Touring) was a little too loud, the Sport was louder than the B&B. I may put a Corsa Touring on my second 07' when I bring it back to Pa.

hcvone
03-26-07, 07:44 PM
hcvone, I know you had a lot of exhausts on your cars,so you have experience with exhausts but how do you feel with this B&B exhaust. how do you favour this one against the other manufacturers. on a scale to ten, where to you position the B&B.
Now that you had it installed for a while, does the sound bother you , is it too loud, does it bother the rear passengers in the truck.
and by any chance do you have the dimensions of the box the pieces came with, cause I would like to ship it out of the states.
you promised you are going to cast some pics ??????!!!!!!!!!
please give me more info .
thanks.

Box size 66" x 21" x 12"

Falkolade
03-26-07, 08:17 PM
hcvone-

Just curious, but did you put the B & B on both your white d. escalade's? or did you just put it on the one in PA?

B Falko

medlines
03-27-07, 08:09 AM
thanks a lot hcvone for the info.
where did you get yours ?

hcvone
03-27-07, 08:10 AM
Just the Pa one, when I drive the Montana one home to Pa in April (sold our Montana home, just too far away) and before I take it to it's new Pocono home I will put either Corsa or B&B on that one, probably B&B but maybe Corsa to have one of each. :)