: lowering soon!! what size rims?

iwinagn
03-01-07, 01:07 AM
Im looking at getting a set of h&r springs very soon along with the ww mod. Now I want to get wheels as soon as uncle sam comes through with my income tax check!! If I lower the car what size would you guys recommend? probably no bigger then 19's or could i go 20's? This car is not my toy so im not worried if it doesnt perform as good as it would with a set of 18's on it. Thanks in advance for any info and help you guys can give!!

vettethret
03-01-07, 10:30 AM
Im looking at getting a set of h&r springs very soon along with the ww mod. Now I want to get wheels as soon as uncle sam comes through with my income tax check!! If I lower the car what size would you guys recommend? probably no bigger then 19's or could i go 20's? This car is not my toy so im not worried if it doesnt perform as good as it would with a set of 18's on it. Thanks in advance for any info and help you guys can give!!

Mine is 2 weeks old and I'm looking at this mod now. I've done a ton of searching and 20's are just to big on this car in my opinion, and I'm a 20 guy! Running 19/20's on my viper. I have 700/750 GC's going on so the 20" sidewall would make it a lot stiffer too. I'm looking at 19's now. I like 20's a lot more than 19's, but on this car, they look to big. Just my 2 cents.

GBCTSV
03-01-07, 10:37 AM

HAVE A BRAND NEW SET OF H&R SPRINGS ON EBAY. CHECK IT OUT. SAVE YA SOME MONEY FOR RIMS.

iwinagn
03-01-07, 12:36 PM
lol i am watching those as we speak i also asked if a few questions on ebay. did you do the WW mod if so if i win can i get the spacers from you??

iwinagn
03-01-07, 12:40 PM
HAVE A BRAND NEW SET OF H&R SPRINGS ON EBAY. CHECK IT OUT. SAVE YA SOME MONEY FOR RIMS.

got any pics of your car with the springs on it?

Dreamin
03-01-07, 01:30 PM
rim size doesn't matter. It's overall size, which is rim+tire. So for taller rims, you need to get a shorter tire, so overall size is same as stock. You could run 22's if you could find tires short enough.

vettethret
03-01-07, 01:35 PM
rim size doesn't matter. It's overall size, which is rim+tire. So for taller rims, you need to get a shorter tire, so overall size is same as stock. You could run 22's if you could find tires short enough.

You can get 20's in the same exact diameter as stcok which is 26.6". They are 285/25/20 in back. This would not set the computer off at all and would have the exact same diameter as stock. Depending on wheel choice, it would probably be lighter than stock (has been on all my cars). TO ME, on the V it doesnt look right. I might change my mind if I witnessed them in person. Probably going to spend another 1k over the 19" set up and have worse straight line traction.

LV_V
03-01-07, 01:58 PM
You should get 23's. That would be so sick.

Do not go bigger than 19's ;)

iwinagn
03-01-07, 02:02 PM
one other question does the ride quality suffer after lowering? That is the big thing i have lowered just about every car or truck ive owned and ive definetly noticed a difference my silverado ss isnt quite as bad but the grand prix and my firebird were horrible..

tweeter81
03-01-07, 04:16 PM
See my signature at the bottom of this post for wheel size/tire size. IMHO, I think my wheel/tire setup is the best looking and performing for the V. Also, I have only had the new suspension components on for about 2 weeks but have noticed a few things. But maybe the following comments will help you out a bit:

1) The car rides a lot stiffer now, not horrible but definitely night and day difference from stock. It is stiff enough that if I drove the car daily and had to drive 50 or more miles per day, it would be too stiff. But for weekend driving/track duty it is perfect.

2) There is noticeably more sound that comes from the rear shocks area when I drive over small depressions in the road. No clunking per se, but just more/louder sound when the suspension rebounds.

(Note: Although this could just be that my differential isolator bushing is shot and needs replaced and the added stiffness of the new shocks/springs makes the diff's metal on metal sound more noticeable)

3) I don't even have the ride height dialed completely in yet, but the car handles like a go-cart. I can now take a certain 45 MPH sweeping curve at 100+ MPH and it doesn't even feel like it is fast. With the stock setup I could take said curve at 90-95 MPH and the car felt pretty squirrelly.

Hope this helps.