: a big STS-V fan

steck
02-28-07, 09:34 PM
just lurking around here tonight...

i want to say to you STS owners that i bow down to you lucky ones...what a car! and i have never seen one in person !! now thats exclusive.

i drive an '01 black/black DTS and get alot of head turners (from all ages) especially when cleaned up!

bottom line, my next car is an STS V.

wish i could talk the wife into one of these...but we bought a vette last summer, and i think i'd be pushing my luck !!

one question....is it on the CTS platform?? or is it larger.....

CadV
02-28-07, 10:01 PM
just lurking around here tonight...

i want to say to you STS owners that i bow down to you lucky ones...what a car! and i have never seen one in person !! now thats exclusive.

i drive an '01 black/black DTS and get alot of head turners (from all ages) especially when cleaned up!

bottom line, my next car is an STS V.

wish i could talk the wife into one of these...but we bought a vette last summer, and i think i'd be pushing my luck !!

one question....is it on the CTS platform?? or is it larger.....

Much bigger car.

If the CTS-V is like an Infiniti the STS-V is like a Mercedes. Comparing the CTS and STS V's is no comparison. While the outside is comparible there are suttle differences; hood for example. The biggest difference is in the inside. When people get in my car and see the leather stitching, wood trim, huge Nav screen etc they are just wowed. The inside is simply amazing with all the technology bells and whistles.

STS-V is just a better car in my opinion.

NC STS-V
02-28-07, 11:28 PM
STS-V is just a better car in my opinion.

Overall I'd agree, but it definitely is not $20,000 better!

The interior is far better, but from a performamce point of view the CTS-V is superior. Straight line performance is similar with the edge going to the STS-V just based on how hard the CTS-V was to launch. The CTS-V was waaaay better from a performance handling point of view. I understand that the STS-V gives up some of that ability to get an improved ride (which it definitely has), but so far the only thing I miss about my CTS-V after having the STS-V for a month is the cornering ability of the CTS-V. I'm hoping that some of it is getting used to the automatic tranny and applying power at the correct time while cornering, but so far I've been disappointed with the STS-V's cornering.

steck
03-01-07, 07:47 AM
so what platform is GM using for the STS....the dts/lucerne ??

caddyv8v
03-01-07, 07:51 AM
an '01 black/black DTS...when i see one that is cleaned up/taken care of-possibly more attention then the v. those are nice rides. especially the ones that were equipped with the night vision.

pabstcadillac
03-01-07, 07:57 AM
so what platform is GM using for the STS....the dts/lucerne ??

Sigma - Same as the CTS & SRX :alchi:

CadV
03-01-07, 05:41 PM
Overall I'd agree, but it definitely is not $20,000 better!

The interior is far better, but from a performamce point of view the CTS-V is superior. Straight line performance is similar with the edge going to the STS-V just based on how hard the CTS-V was to launch. The CTS-V was waaaay better from a performance handling point of view. I understand that the STS-V gives up some of that ability to get an improved ride (which it definitely has), but so far the only thing I miss about my CTS-V after having the STS-V for a month is the cornering ability of the CTS-V. I'm hoping that some of it is getting used to the automatic tranny and applying power at the correct time while cornering, but so far I've been disappointed with the STS-V's cornering.

If you do a feature to feature comparison the 20k is well deserved. Push button start, adjustable nav screen, 5.1 DTS/Dolby Digtal playback, speakers in the seats, much more room, northstar with SC, reverse perimeter warning light, bluetooth, reverse driver side mirror to watch curbs etc, MP3 WMA playback and it reads the tags. That stuff isn't cheap. As far as performance a simple PCM tune or heck buy Hp Tuner for 500 will get you close to 40rwhp and turn off all the nanny controls. Thats over 500 hp easy. Straight line the STS-V will beat the CTS-V but your right the cornering and stuff is hands down the CTS-V but it's a smaller lighter car.

The only time I get on my car is on the freeway from a roll. So the turning and stuff is not a big deal to me. I would much rather have the technology and ride because I put 50 miles a day on my car.

I raced a CTS-V the other day from 70-120ish and beat him pretty bad. I don't know if he got off the gas but it wasn't close. 120mph range that SC becomes a monster.

steck
03-03-07, 04:27 PM
an '01 black/black DTS...when i see one that is cleaned up/taken care of-possibly more attention then the v. those are nice rides. especially the ones that were equipped with the night vision.

thanks for the comments...i keep it mint (detailing it all the time,,my neighbours think i'm nuts)

i'm not too sure about its replacement ('05 DTS) yet.

i'm surprised to hear the sts and cts on same platform....hmmmm.

CadV
03-03-07, 04:38 PM
thanks for the comments...i keep it mint (detailing it all the time,,my neighbours think i'm nuts)

i'm not too sure about its replacement ('05 DTS) yet.

i'm surprised to hear the sts and cts on same platform....hmmmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Sigma_platform