: LS-6 V owners. Will you trade up?

V-Love
02-28-07, 04:40 PM
We know what the next CTS will look like. The new V has potential to be sick.
I was wondering how many 04, 05 owners with the LS-6 are 100% trading up for the next generation CTS-V? There are less that 6000 units with the LS-6, I think(and I wrecked an 04). Can a lot of you afford to keep both? I don't think I can.

oceanhut
02-28-07, 04:46 PM
I wont be. This is my last Cadillac for a while. Thank God, I haven't had any issues for the last 8 months, but Ive only been using the car about 1-2 times per week. But with the lemon law case, all the issues, build quality....I just cant do it to myself again. Fun car....love it....but I've lost faith in the company; time to move on.

v84life
02-28-07, 04:49 PM
Yeah I will be trading up as long as it is sick and under 65k.:thumbsup: But I have to say I love my current V. Just looking for more power that the new model will give and with more refinement of the interior. Can't wait....

Jon
02-28-07, 04:50 PM
Not trading up my '04, but will be getting a '09.

1MEANV
02-28-07, 04:57 PM
not me, to european for me

AmesCTS-V
02-28-07, 04:59 PM
I'll trade. I'd have to sell the GTO to keep it.

Florian
02-28-07, 05:06 PM
I already traded up...Im stuffing an LS7 in my 04..

F

SBONES
02-28-07, 05:14 PM
i will test drive one...to see. But i will not by another one. I like mine, but one go around is enough for me..Im really thinking about the sts v. I had it with the noise box. Sort of same power but it is auto.

CIWS
02-28-07, 05:14 PM
Too far down the road at this point to tell what I'll do. Depends upon what the new V ends up being, how mine does in the next few years, etc,etc.

zozmanCTS-V
02-28-07, 05:16 PM
Trade up to what? As the horsepower keeps climbing, so do the prices. The LS6 is a conventional engine powerhouse that's easy to maintain. I don't want a supercharged engine. I'm staying with my cars. :bouncy:

thebigjimsho
02-28-07, 05:25 PM
Both...except next time I'll wait a year and call Chesrown. Or if I want pathetic grammar, Superior...

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 05:31 PM
i'll wait and see...

i have no problems with build quality or anything, i bought in knowing GM's build quality "issues" if you want to call them that

I have no problem with supercharged engines, been there done that

I have no problems with the quirks of large pushrod V8's

BUT what i do have to see is if its got the aftermarket support if its getting the LS2 engine

if you listen to the scuttlebutt the LS2 doesnt have too much longer for this world only till the end of 09 ... (RUMOR ALERT!!!) and if they havnt built much of an aftermarket by now who says its going to be all that great by then

the LS6 is a proven performer with a great aftermarket

i'm sticking here and calling chesrown or superior or if i can wrench on james enough lindsay to get a new one if things pan out

dqw1
02-28-07, 05:39 PM
I hope to keep my 04. I really like this car but getting another depends on GM getting a clue on supporting the owners better. I really can't complain because I lucked out and have a great service department. But I do see what others have gone through. Not real sure what else I would get.

lawfive
02-28-07, 05:45 PM
I'm not 100% sure I'll get a new CTS-V.

But if I do... I'm not 100% sure I'll get rid of my old CTS-V.

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 05:46 PM
on the fence much?

heavymetals
02-28-07, 06:31 PM
With the LSX block becomming available it may make more sense to yank the motor and replace it then trade up.

The price differance is gonna be something else.

If it follows the same way as the C6 Z06.

I doubt if they are gonna make the newer V handle any better, so go for the HP.

urbanski
02-28-07, 06:50 PM
Nope
i love mine, shes paid for, and i love her :)
and shes worth nothing since i crashed her twice :bigD:

Luna.
02-28-07, 06:53 PM
I already traded up...Im stuffing an LS7 in my 04..

F

Yup--this is the way to do it...

rand49er
02-28-07, 07:26 PM
Some days "yes" ... some days "no."

What day is today?

Luna.
02-28-07, 07:40 PM
I have far too much money in upgrades to even consider not holding on to my '05 V for many years to come. Not to mention, I have it almost just the way I want it.

What I'm seriously eyeballing is Damien's new differential/rear-end (no bad jokes, please :) ). Although it's ~$5k, it's tough as nails and, almost as important, no wheel hop. :cloud9:

I'm plenty happy with the rwhp/rwtq of my LS-6 with Maggie (& other goodies). No reason to have it make more.

510ctsV
02-28-07, 07:53 PM
Not trading up my '04, but will be getting a '09.

My thoughts exactly:
Despite the potential diff problems...Im keeping my 05. But I am gonna or try to get the new V. But im gonna wait a year or two-just so they can sort out the b.s. and fix em.

lawfive
02-28-07, 08:07 PM
on the fence much?

I'm not 100% sure...

V-Love
02-28-07, 08:17 PM
Dropping an LS-7 in is a sweet option. Mine isn't fully paid so no mods yet. I like her stock though. What if they come out with the "16"? I know I liked that concept at the auto show a few years back. I don't have 100k for a car though.

stkshkr
02-28-07, 09:02 PM
I have far too much money in upgrades to even consider not holding on to my '05 V for many years to come. Not to mention, I have it almost just the way I want it.

What I'm seriously eyeballing is Damien's new differential/rear-end (no bad jokes, please :) ). Although it's ~$5k, it's tough as nails and, almost as important, no wheel hop. :cloud9:

I'm plenty happy with the rwhp/rwtq of my LS-6 with Maggie (& other goodies). No reason to have it make more.

:werd: :yeah:

Seattle CTS-V
03-01-07, 12:02 PM
I'm too invested currently into my V and I still have plans to make a bit more power. I will also be looking into the aftermarket rear-end setups to prolong the life of this car and, in my opinion, make it infinitely more enjoyable to drive hard. I've considered gutting her in about 3 years and throwing in a full race seat and roll cage...maybe a paint stripe up the middle too. j/k If I do that, I will probably stay away from another American car as my daily driver. I need to know I can get to work in the morning...which on quite a few occasions I could not have done if I didn't have my F250.

lawfive
03-01-07, 12:06 PM

Hi Luna, long time no see.

Has anybody else already gotten that diff? I'd like to hear about it. And whoever got the prototype: how's it holding up?

daytripper
03-01-07, 03:23 PM
I'm not 100% sure I'll get a new CTS-V.

But if I do... I'm not 100% sure I'll get rid of my old CTS-V.

I agree, except if I do get one I'm 100% sure I'd get rid of the old one.
I'd kind of like to see it as a V first though.

Some of you who are thinking of keeping the old V forever will be singing a different tune after the warranty runs out. 2009 is still a long way from now. Its just too early to say for sure.

Brian R.

Florian
03-01-07, 03:35 PM
Some of you who are thinking of keeping the old V forever will be singing a different tune after the warranty runs out. 2009 is still a long way from now. Its just too early to say for sure.

Brian R.

Ive got nearly 30K into mods right now....warranty isnt valid now, why the hell would I care when it runs out?

F

RunningOnEMT
03-01-07, 04:00 PM
i gotta talk to you about cam packages goatroper

keeksv
03-01-07, 07:18 PM
Hi Luna, long time no see.

Has anybody else already gotten that diff? I'd like to hear about it. And whoever got the prototype: how's it holding up?

PM me Jerry if you have any questions.

thebigjimsho
03-01-07, 07:59 PM
Both...except next time I'll wait a year and call Chesrown. Or if I want pathetic grammar, Superior...Man, sometimes I just crack myself up!