: Curbed rims

crankedupforit
02-28-07, 11:48 AM
Anyone have experience repainting or touching up scuffed or curbed rims on their V. Those wheels are really soft and easily gouged at the bead flange. Could a body repair shop fill and touch them up without making a huge project out of it?

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 04:34 PM
there are companies that specialize in repairing rims

there is one in MD called Ye Olde Wheel Shoppe that does awesome work, they widened stock Lightning rims by 3 inches for me and fixed a VW wheel after being run off the road and severely mangled

urbanski
02-28-07, 05:37 PM
wheels america also does them, pricey as hell.
do what i did...search your local yellow pages for powder-coaters....you can get a local shop to sandblast, smooth, and powdercoat them for about $100 per wheel or less. a shop here wanted 80 per. great deal.

RockinV
02-28-07, 06:01 PM
FAQ is your friend...
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/curbrash/index.html

RockinV
02-28-07, 06:05 PM
This is also found in FAQ:

No GM part # for CTS-V wheel touch up paint available per my dealer.

Body touch up paint is available. He did contact GM and found out that "Global Line" (Affiliate of PPG) makes the wheel paint for GM.

The formulation code (recipe) is - WA569F 300865.
The first group of #'s is GM's code and the second group of #'s is PPG's code.
Warehouse Paint here in Auburn California (530-885-7914) is the nearest paint shop to me that can make some, but not in the small touch up bottle you typically get from the parts counter.
The smallest quantity Warehouse Paint makes is 8 oz or about a pint for approximately $30.00 dollars.

trukk
03-01-07, 12:23 PM

there is one in MD called Ye Olde Wheel Shoppe that does awesome work, they widened stock Lightning rims by 3 inches for me and fixed a VW wheel after being run off the road and severely mangled

I seems that they specialize in unbending those phat 22's, when you have the nearve to actualy drive them on the street (and subsequently bend the crap out of them on every pothole). Dunno about widening wheels.

Heh, I live about 2 miles from that shop. I't just up the street from the biker bar, closed up drive in, rent by the hour motels, and a nice coin-op laundramat.

AHH, livin' in the 'Ridge sure is great. All the amenities of Howard County with the cheapest prop tax! And talk about culture! WOOT!

-Chris

Resident of Scenic Elkridge MD.
[Serioulsy there actually is one small part of Elkridge that is nice, and I happen to leive there.]

RamAir02
03-05-07, 09:21 AM

Can stock V wheels be widened? Somebody told me NO 'cause they're aluminum.

trukk
03-05-07, 02:34 PM
Can stock V wheels be widened? Somebody told me NO 'cause they're aluminum.

They can, and have been.

I think Dreamin had his done (or perhaps it was CTSvette). I also no that Marty (lastss) had a set done, which I saw un mounted.

Find a place that only does a single weld, and then have them balanced by a good shop.

Do a search for the name of the shops that do it. I think the avg cost was about $150/wheel.

-Chris

AmesCTS-V
03-05-07, 03:46 PM
Just get them chromed and they will fix the rash for free in the process.