: Lowering kit problems....

nbomar
02-28-07, 09:49 AM
I installed a Ground Force 1.5 / 2.5 kit yesterday. Install went well without problem. Drove home and around last night. Probably about 70 miles. This morning the "Service Suspension" came on the display. Any ideas?

TheCaddyKidd
02-28-07, 10:04 AM
what year escalade?? sounds like they didnt bend the suspension bracket for the auto leveling shocks...

nbomar
02-28-07, 10:15 AM
Sorry 2007. I put spacers under the rear air leveling brackets that were included in the kit.

nbomar
02-28-07, 12:50 PM
not only is the service suspension system on but also when you go from drive to park now the vehicle starts beeping at you and the P (for park) and R (for reverse) flash back and forth.....What in the world did I do?!?!

:thepan:

TheCaddyKidd
02-28-07, 12:58 PM
iv never heard of the flashing back and forth but like i said the whole suspension alert could just be because of the leveling sensor not being bent correctly.

nbomar
02-28-07, 01:17 PM
Could it be the alignment throwing the service suspension light? I haven't had it aligned yet....

TheCaddyKidd
02-28-07, 02:29 PM
i dont think it has anything to do with alignment... people that dont have the auto level piece bent or bent the wrong way get that light..

nbomar
02-28-07, 02:54 PM
It's at the alignment shop now. I'll keep everyone updated as to what the outcome is.

nbomar
03-01-07, 02:26 PM
Well, I got it aligned and it drives a lot better, however the Light still comes on. It's sporadic though. I've noticed that sometimes is doesn't come on when I crank it up. Also, it has not done the flashing from Park to Reverse since yesterday. It only did that twice so I don't know what happened there. Maybe it was not related to the Suspension light. Still open for any suggestions. I've rechecked all the connection and everything is plugged in secure.....

AWF_AXIS
03-01-07, 05:56 PM
In re-reading your narrative about installing the "spacers", I think what I assumed was the sensor brackets, you are actually talking about shock extensions.

There is a little rod that is on the top the control arm, which is about 5" long. This little rod (on each side), connects to a sensor attached to the frame, which is just behind the plastic fender shield.

This little rod needs to be bent, or the attachment point on the control arm moved. (I chose to move the attachment, which allowed me to "dial in" the amount of rear height I wanted).

What you are seeing is probably the computer having a spaz because the sensor position is way off.

Dave

nbomar
03-07-07, 10:40 AM
I think you are correct about the position of the arms. However, I did install spacers onto the air system bracket. Not the shocks. It goes between the bracket and the frame and is approx. 1" tall. The sporadic problem happens depending on how it is parked before I shut it off. So it has to be the sensors are in the wrong location and causing it to "freak out"

nbomar
03-08-07, 07:47 AM
does anyone have a picture of the angle the arms are supposed to be at after the install of the lowering kit? I also unplugged the battery for several hours yesterday and this helped alot. The light only comes on when i park and the rear of the vehicle is compressed quite a bit. (i.e. on a hill, etc.)

AWF_AXIS
03-08-07, 07:11 PM
I don't have pics, but I can describe what should be.

Assume your on the driver's side, looking into the wheel well (Tire off). The upper control arm has the bracket, with 1 bolt. There are two attachment points for the rod. (Using the STOCK rod).

I moved the rod from the original hole to the other, then moved the entire bracket TOWARDS the driver (away from axle). I moved it just over the little hump on the control arm. This allows the air adjustments to live with about a 1.25" drop.

The more you move the bracket further away from the axle, the more "drop" is allowed when the air shocks are tweaked during engine start.

Dave

nbomar
03-10-07, 09:13 AM
GOOD INFO! Thanks, I'll try this and let you know how it works.