: Bluetooth hands free integration kit

Radiosandmore
02-28-07, 09:17 AM
Hello everyone,

We have developed a plug and play kit that can be used with all Escalades. For all 2007 and up new Escalades, it works the exact way that Onstar works, but you can use your own Bluetooth enabled phone. We have more information on our site. Please click here to learn more:

http://www.radiosandmore.com/prod_detail.asp?pn=GM3BLUETOOTH

If there are any questions, please let us know. We also have kits that fit older Escalades as well.

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 09:18 AM
what about us lowly CTS-V guys?

Radiosandmore
02-28-07, 09:25 AM
There will also be one for the CTS group as well. It will take a little bit longer.

hcvone
02-28-07, 10:09 AM
What is involved with the install on an 07' Escalade? Thank you

Radiosandmore
02-28-07, 10:14 AM
It's a total plug and play kit. No wire splicing involved. It integrates to the Motorola IHF1000 kit, so the only thing you see is the small keypad and microphone. Everything else fits behind the dash. The nice thing about this kit is that when you start the vehicle, and you have your phone in you pocket, it recognizes it, and pairs it automatically. If you need to make or answer a call, you just press a button and the radio automatically goes into phone mode. Everything is voice recognized, including the dialing. It works exactly the way the Onstar phone works, but you can use your own Bluetooth enabled phone.

nbomar
02-28-07, 10:31 AM
Have you tested it with vehicle that already have the Lockpick and other plug and play items like this on them?

nbomar
02-28-07, 10:34 AM
Also, do you have any pics of it installed in a GM vehicle to give us an idea of how big the external piece is?

grantwest
02-28-07, 10:35 AM
So if you have GM lockpick will this unit work. Mabey if you could explain how this kit installs you could generate more intrest

hcvone
02-28-07, 11:24 AM
Any pixs installed in an 07' showing the pad? Thank you

Radiosandmore
02-28-07, 12:28 PM
We don't have any pictures installed in a vehicle, but if you click on the link to our page:

http://www.radiosandmore.com/prod_detail.asp?pn=GM3BLUETOOTH

it will show you what the pad looks like, and the picture is the just a little smaller than the actual size. It measures about 2.5 inches wide. It can be mounted anywhere the customer would like.

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 01:29 PM
the day you announce this for the CTS/CTS-V crowd you won't be able to keep up with orders... GUARANTEED!!!!

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease hurry

Radiosandmore
02-28-07, 04:28 PM
For installation of this kit, just remove the radio and plug in the T-harness that's supplied with the kit. One end plugs into the radio, and the other end plugs in the vehicle harness. From that harness, there is a molex connector that plugs into an interface box. The interface box then plugs into the Motorola IHF1000 kit. From there, it's just a matter of running the microphone and control pad, then re-installing the radio. The total time for installation is under 1 hour.

LLT
02-28-07, 05:48 PM
I'm not trying to rain on any parades here, but has this been thoroughly tested specifically on the 07 Escalade? There's been a lot of things rolled out such as the lockpick and iPod kits and none play particularly well with the LAN bus system from what I've seen/experienced/read.

Definitely nice to see - I hope there are plans for actual head unit integration though (caller ID and address book through the nav unit.) :)

benamaster
02-28-07, 09:46 PM
As far as I know there is one maker called CellSite I use their 2003-2006 kit and it works great. I know they have a GM LAN interface for the 2007 and I think its probably a variation of that kit. I have never tested one for the 2007 though.

hcvone
03-01-07, 06:26 AM
I'm not trying to rain on any parades here, but has this been thoroughly tested specifically on the 07 Escalade? There's been a lot of things rolled out such as the lockpick and iPod kits and none play particularly well with the LAN bus system from what I've seen/experienced/read.

Definitely nice to see - I hope there are plans for actual head unit integration though (caller ID and address book through the nav unit.) :)

That is why I asked if they had any installed in an 07' yet, I will keep using my OnStar until then, still not over the lockpick ordeal, pretty happy with my Ipod setup.

medlines
03-01-07, 07:08 AM
So if you hook up this moto module, will it work through the nav, like dialing on the touch screen, see the umber calling, muting the radio during the call, etc............
Or it will just route the call through the car's speakers and I will have to dial by using voice command or use my phones dial pad !!!!!
We need more specific info.
Also I found this product which looks pretty nice as if it was integrated with the cars interior, try this link www.jciblueconnect.com
this product doesn't conflict with the 07's LAN, but still u cannot use your nav to make calls, it is independent of it.

Radiosandmore
03-01-07, 08:11 AM
It will mute the radio and come through the stereo speakers. It will not display any information on the NAV screen as this is information not provided by the Motorola kit to our interface. Everything is done by voice command. Your hands stay on the wheel, without ever touching the phone. For more info on the IHF1000, visit their site at http://direct.motorola.com/ens/carkits/index.html?country=USA&language=ENS

This kit has been in development for over 6 months, and was developed with the assistance of Motorola. We have been selling this kit for over 2 months, with no problems with the interface. We would recommend that you check that your phone is compatible with the IHF1000 kit first, which can be found on the Motorola site. It was designed for new cars without any other aftermarket add on accessories, so we have not tested it with any other products. We do offer a 30 day money back guarantee if not satisfied, and free next day air shipping. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

LLT
03-01-07, 10:15 AM
That is why I asked if they had any installed in an 07' yet, I will keep using my OnStar until then, still not over the lockpick ordeal, pretty happy with my Ipod setup.

I never had the guts to try the lockpick myself after hearing of all the issues. I have had a couple of iPod kits - the first was very quirky and I swear interfered with hvac communication. The second works great so long as you leave it in iPod mode, but once you start switching to DVD (this happens often with a toddler in the back wanting the movie started over lol) or FM or XM and back to XM/iPod things go crazy - at best, you lose your spot in the playlist and the iPod starts over. At worst, XM temporarily disappears all together - requiring a restart of the vehicle. In between are garbled characters and other oddities. Again, if you leave it strictly in iPod mode, it works correctly most of the time. I'm just going to wait for GM to come out with something, or someone to actually develop one and test it specifically for and on the Escalade.

I'm just saying this to illustrate based on my and many others' experiences, the 07 Escalade doesn't like aftermarket things daisychained on its communication bus. Hopefully this bluetooth kit has been tested and verified to exist in sweet harmony with all other components on the LAN bus, specifically in the Escalade.

hcvone
03-01-07, 11:38 AM
I never had the guts to try the lockpick myself after hearing of all the issues. I have had a couple of iPod kits - the first was very quirky and I swear interfered with hvac communication. The second works great so long as you leave it in iPod mode, but once you start switching to DVD (this happens often with a toddler in the back wanting the movie started over lol) or FM or XM and back to XM/iPod things go crazy - at best, you lose your spot in the playlist and the iPod starts over. At worst, XM temporarily disappears all together - requiring a restart of the vehicle. In between are garbled characters and other oddities. Again, if you leave it strictly in iPod mode, it works correctly most of the time. I'm just going to wait for GM to come out with something, or someone to actually develop one and test it specifically for and on the Escalade.

I'm just saying this to illustrate based on my and many others' experiences, the 07 Escalade doesn't like aftermarket things daisychained on its communication bus. Hopefully this bluetooth kit has been tested and verified to exist in sweet harmony with all other components on the LAN bus, specifically in the Escalade.

Most of the things that come out nobody bother to check if it works in that model or not, I guess I am lucky on the Ipod thing, but I had two Lockpicks and both had problems, and that makes you upset after wasting the time trying to install it, and then putting everything back together to start back at square one. :(

Radiosandmore
03-01-07, 03:47 PM
We have been selling them to Cadillac Dealers and they have been installed in Escalades. There have been no problems to this point.

jschade
03-01-07, 05:04 PM
I have the IHF-1000 in my Escalade. It is not integrated with the mute and stereo speakers like the one being sold here, however the microphone and processor unit are the same. Here is a picture of the face unit:

hcvone
03-02-07, 07:04 AM
Perfect place for it in the 02's to 06's. Are you happy with it's performance?

jschade
03-02-07, 10:26 PM
Are you happy with it's performance?

It's alright. Most of the people I call tell me that my voice quality isn't that great. I can hear them fine through the speaker supplied with the system. I never use the voice activated dialing. I just dial numbers through my cellphone.

hcvone
03-03-07, 05:52 AM
It's alright. Most of the people I call tell me that my voice quality isn't that great. I can hear them fine through the speaker supplied with the system. I never use the voice activated dialing. I just dial numbers through my cellphone.

Thanks for the info. :)

Radiosandmore
03-04-07, 09:39 AM
Microphone placement has a lot to do with the quality. Try changing the location of the microphone. Motorola has the best quality of vehicle handsfree kits on the market and that's why we went with that module.

jschade
03-04-07, 10:57 AM
Where do you suggest I place the microphone? I have it secured directly in front of the OnStar microphone, figuring that GM engineers placed the OnStar mic in that position for a reason. I am open to trying a different location if it will improve the quality.

benamaster
03-04-07, 01:19 PM
Here is how I have my Raytel kit installed. I placed the microphone on top of the steering column because it gave me the best sound there.

hcvone
03-04-07, 01:27 PM
That location is great for that unit, not sure about the location on the 07's

benamaster
03-04-07, 01:50 PM
That location is great for that unit, not sure about the location on the 07's

Well I think the little button that comes with the Raytel 5000 kit, that should work with the factory Nav screen, would fit perfectly in the little pocket next to the light switch that is empty. That is the only place i think it would look good or up by the map light thing. Either spot I think. I am waiting and hoping that the 2008's will have it. If not then I'm going to have to figure out a spot in the new trucks.

Radiosandmore
03-04-07, 02:11 PM
Sometimes you just have to move it in different locations to get the best quality. The Onstar system is just a little different than the IHF kit. I have a GM S-10 and I had to place it on the left A-pillar for the best quality.

CadX6
03-04-07, 05:00 PM
Just a suggestion for mounting the Motorola IHF1000 in a 2007. It was the only place I could find to mount the controller that allowed keeping the wire somewhat hidden without drilling holes in the dash. It's a little inconvenient behind the shift lever, but it's reasonably accessible when the lever is in the "D" position. The "brain box" tucks nicely behind the glove box.

benamaster
03-04-07, 05:26 PM
Coulnd't you put the controller up by where the microphone is? There seems to be some empty space there but it might be inconvenient.

How is the sound quality with the microphone up there?

hcvone
03-05-07, 07:18 AM
That open space up on the overhead is where they put the switches for the middle row power seats. I looked at that area behind the shifter, it's open, but like you say it seems to be somewhat of a pain to reach around, but it's out of the way.

CadX6
03-05-07, 10:54 AM
Coulnd't you put the controller up by where the microphone is? There seems to be some empty space there but it might be inconvenient.

How is the sound quality with the microphone up there?

I thought about putting the controller up with the microphone (would have looked a lot more trick) but the cable wasn't long enough to route under the trim bezel, across the top of the windshield under the headliner & then down the "A" pillar to the box. It's also a bigger diameter cable and the thin mic cable just barely tucked under the overhead console bezel (this one's a lot tighter against the headliner than my 2003 was).
The mic audio seems fine - no complaints from callers. Just make sure you orient it so that the openings for the mic are facing the driver's side. Passengers can still be heard fine but it optimizes it for the driver.
Only real gripe is that my Treo 700W doesn't always play nice with the IHF1000. Unless I use the the Treo to answer an incoming call & not the bluetooth controller, I get incoming audio thru the system but no outgoing. I use the Kuda phonebase with their Treo drop in charger mount so at least it's accessible. Wife's Motorola 815 works just fine .....

ejholt
03-09-07, 05:23 PM
If you already have the IHF1000, how much is the kit, because the IHF1000 cost $299.

benamaster
03-09-07, 06:30 PM
I think by kit he means the Kuda Phonebase there are a few other brands too. I think with the Phonebase/clip it wouldn't add more than $100 to the cost of the Motorola kit itself.

CadX6
03-09-07, 07:29 PM
If you shop around, you can find the complete Motorola IHF1000 kit for less than $200. http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Motorola_Motorola_IHF1000_Bluetooth_Car_Kit,__1 7436795/search=Motorola+IHF1000

Just an observation - I've done considerable business with Newegg (should be the first one on the list) & have found them to be one of the best online resellers I've dealt with.

hcvone
03-10-07, 05:23 AM
I have purchased many things from Newegg too, they have been great to deal with. :)

jtn999
03-10-07, 10:03 AM
Is the motorola unit small enough to be installed where the ash trey is?

CadX6
03-11-07, 01:43 PM
The configuration of the ash tray opening would probably make it very difficult to mount the IHF1000 control. The lower latch for the door projects into the space too far to allow placing the control flat on the bottom. You might be able to stick it against the back wall of the opening but it would probably be even more inconvenient to operate than behind the steering wheel.
If it helps you to find a spot - the controller (Motorola calls it a "User Interface Module" - UIM) is approx 2.5" wide, 1.5" high & 1/4" deep & mounts with double sided tape. One limiting factor is the length of the cable between the UIM & the "brain box". I didn't measure it when I put it in but a guess would be that it's probably 6 feet or slightly less. It has a unique connecor where it plugs into the box, so adding an extension is pretty much not an option.

BTW - Motorola says the IHF1000 "requires professional installation". Take my word for it that it "ain't that hard". I'd wager that the majority of members of this forum are technical enough to route a few wires, plug 'em into a box & find a place to make a power connection.

Radiosandmore
03-12-07, 08:33 AM
Our kit is totally plug and play behind the radio. There are no wires to splice. Also, the interface box that we have will interact with the radio to operate it in phone mode. Without it, I believe that you would have to use the supplied speaker in the IHF kit. Our kit is just a few dollars over the MSRP of the IHF, but it does include all of the cables and interface box needed for installation. It puts the radio in Onstar mode, and operates exactly the way Onstar would for a phone call.

2007 ESCALADE
03-13-07, 11:54 AM
anyone looking for a parriott kit i have one for sale

tpcss
05-01-07, 06:27 PM
Kicking this post up again to see if anyone has had experience (good or bad) with the Motorola based kit from Radiosandmore? I'm getting tired of keeping a charged bluetooth headset in my 07 EXT and am looking for something that's hard wired into the vehicle. Integration with the Onstar/audio/nav would be perfect but I don't think that exists yet. I'd pay a lot of money for something that worked exactly like Onstar (using the touchscreen, built-in mic, etc.) as long as it was reliable.

medlines
05-02-07, 01:54 PM
I am using the Cellink BTHF-6600, which I hard wired it to start on ignition and positioned it above my head on the sun visor. so when I get into the car it connects automatically to my phone. usual cost 80 to 100 $ , but I got it over ecost.com for 25$ on special offer. the sound is very good and clear, caller ID, phone book, voice dialing. but no integration with the navscreen, but that doesn't bother me, so it works great.

dzar
08-17-07, 11:41 AM
Does the IHF1000 kit from Radios & More use the OnStar speaker or the Motorola one? If the former, I'm sold!

Dave

RANGER 66
08-18-07, 06:21 AM
Does the installation of this kit prevent the use of Onstar? If you recieve a call and are talking using the bluetooth connection, how hard is it to disconnect the bluetooth connection to talk privately on your handset?

RLTW

Salo
09-03-07, 12:21 AM
All you have to do is press and hold the answer button to switch to the privacy mode. The IHF-1000 does not uses the Onstar microphone, it does uses the speakers, just like Onstar. When you receive a call, it tells you the number that is calling. There is a another product out there. The Tellphone 5000vi, http://www.tellphone.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=57&Itemid=222 , displays the caller id and other info on the nav screen. But it also does not support use of the Onstar mike.

RANGER 66
09-04-07, 10:06 AM
Salo thanks for that info. Medlines do you have a picture with your unit installed?

RLTW

Salo
09-06-07, 07:49 PM
No problems.

medlines
09-06-07, 10:20 PM
Salo thanks for that info. Medlines do you have a picture with your unit installed?

RLTW
I don't have a picture , but will take one tomorrow and will post later in the evening.

medlines
09-07-07, 06:20 AM
As Promissed here is a pic.

JACK MARGARETEN
11-22-07, 12:08 PM
Does it use the onstar speakers?
mic?
display?

Thanks

Jack