: Is the STS-V too expensive?

Lord Cadillac
02-28-07, 08:08 AM
I see the Cadillac CTS on the road EVERYWHERE. I see the CTS-V occassionally.. I'm Beginning to see the STS here and there. But I've NEVER seen an STS-V.. I've seen a few XLRs.. Even a couple of XLR-Vs.. Where are the STS-Vs?

Are they too expensive? The STS-V costs almost $80,000.00... Does Cadillac want to sell these cars in such drastically limited numbers?

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 08:27 AM
I see the Cadillac CTS on the road EVERYWHERE. I see the CTS-V occassionally.. I'm Beginning to see the STS here and there. But I've NEVER seen an STS-V.. I've seen a few XLRs.. Even a couple of XLR-Vs.. Where are the STS-Vs?

Are they too expensive? The STS-V costs almost $80,000.00... Does Cadillac want to sell these cars in such drastically limited numbers?

there are three i see on a regular basis in my area... CTS-Vs seem to be a dime a dozen around here though, and i thought i'd be unique

Lord Cadillac
02-28-07, 09:54 AM
Well that's good news... I guess it's just slow down here in South Florida...

urbanski
02-28-07, 10:21 AM
:bigD:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/97136-sts-v-sighting-san-antonio-pic.html

if you look around you can get one for just a bit more than the CTS-V MSRP.

Kadonny
02-28-07, 04:38 PM
Sal, they are rare, no doubt, but it can't be the price. Caddy has really lowered the prices to make the cars affordable. I just don't think a ton of people know they exist. The younger crowd still tends to gravitate towards the CTS-V with the 6 speed, so that car will still be more popular than the STS.

I have only ever seen 2 other STS-Vs since they started making them. One I actually followed for quite some time in New Jersey, but I was in my wife's Expedition at the time.

The Black Dahlia
02-28-07, 04:54 PM
Here in SoCal, we see a few running PCH regularly. Not nearly as many STS-V & XLR-Vs as those dreaded Ferrari's, Rolls, & Lambo's...(just to compete with their neighbors).. Only a few are rich with taste & class, you can tell, theyre driving the STS-V, the XLR-V or XLR.

Lord Cadillac
02-28-07, 05:12 PM
Well then Cadillac needs to do a lot more advertising. I find it ridiculous how few people actually know about the V-Series after several years of them being around..

thefred
02-28-07, 05:15 PM
I have only seen one other one driving around in Atlanta. But, as for pricing, Lindsay is selling (if they still have any) new 2006 STS-V's for $60,000. I just bought mine last week with 9700 miles for a good bit less than that. Its certainly a jump from a used CTS-V, but not so much over a new one. I think its the advertising. No one knows what it is which is fine with me.....

CadV
02-28-07, 05:34 PM
I have never seen another STS-V which is cool :)

Dr. Design
02-28-07, 05:56 PM
We see tons of STS V's and XLR V's!!!:) But we also tune them on a regular basis. From our experience we have noticed that the average person has no idea what a "V" is. They have limited knowledge of such an exclusive vehicle. With GM offering such good incentives right now, the knowledgeable person can pick one up for a great price! With GM only producing 1400-1500 STSV's a year they are not expected to advertise them as heavily as they would a CTS, classic case of ROI. We certainly wouldn’t consider the STS-V too expensive. Owners of these vehicles are members of a very exclusive fraternity, one that might not be appreciated for years to come. These are great vehicles and the owners of them should take great pride in knowing they have a small slice of modern day history! Just like M5’s & E55’s everyone else just needs to catch up.

Thanks,

NC STS-V
02-28-07, 06:43 PM
Personally I do think the sticker price is way too high on the STS-V.

I have only seen one other STS-V in my area, and I remember thinking "Wow, that's a good looking car but I could never afford it!" When my CTS-V was coming off lease I almost didn't even consider the STS-V due to the almost $80k sticker. Luckily I decided just for the heck of it to run a lease price on gmbuypower.com and stubmled on the supported leases they are offering. That combined with dealers willing to sell them at heavy discounts meant I could get the car for a payment that was only $30 per month more than the CTS-V!

I agree that there are a lot of people who have no idea the car even exists, but I think there are also a lot of enthusiasts who know the car but see the $80k sticker and assume they can't afford it!

CadV
02-28-07, 09:51 PM
:bigD:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/97136-sts-v-sighting-san-antonio-pic.html

if you look around you can get one for just a bit more than the CTS-V MSRP.

there is a 20,000 price difference :thepan:

90Brougham350
02-28-07, 10:42 PM
Cadillac hasn't done a good job of telling me why I should buy a V versus an AMG or an M. Let's face it, I probably wouldn't know what a V was unless I was a member of this site.

mocts
02-28-07, 11:26 PM
have only seen one v in my area and the lady who has it lives about 2 blocks away. i used to see her in the morning dropping her kid off and seeing the stsv was always a good way to start the days off

urbanski
03-01-07, 08:15 AM
there is a 20,000 price difference :thepan:

MSRP of the CTS-V can be upwards of 53K
here are 3 STS-Vs for 59K
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/lindsay-cadillac/96344-if-you-thinking-about-sts-v.html
so as i said, that is a "bit more"
Here was one for 57
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/94368-2006-sts-v-400-miles-57-a.html

the 20K "difference" would be only if comparing the MSRP cts-v value to the MSRP of the sts-v, in the end nobody should pay MSRP on these cars

CadV
03-01-07, 05:29 PM
MSRP of the CTS-V can be upwards of 53K
here are 3 STS-Vs for 59K
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/lindsay-cadillac/96344-if-you-thinking-about-sts-v.html
so as i said, that is a "bit more"
Here was one for 57
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/94368-2006-sts-v-400-miles-57-a.html

the 20K "difference" would be only if comparing the MSRP cts-v value to the MSRP of the sts-v, in the end nobody should pay MSRP on these cars

Loaded 06 CTS-V to 06 STS-V would be more fair. 07 to 06 is comparing new to used because the 06 is a year old no matter if it is "new".

Correct me if I am wrong but an 06 CTS-V is going to fetch around 39k so it is still 20k :P

Da Dark Jedi
03-14-07, 07:19 PM
Hello, since I'm new here this is a wonderful thread going. I'm one of the above persons who thought 80K was abit steep for the priceand was considering downsizing to the CTS-V. Currently I have a 04 Mercury Marauder & 97 Infiniti Q45 which the wife drives, she was looking at G35. Now she would like something bigger and was leaning towards the M series. After reading afew threads on this site I'm liking the caddy better. So why does Wards and JD Powers give continual high marks for the last few years to Japan models and lower marks to cadillac. I still worry about the dependability and cost of ownship down the road. So, do you guys think this car is a keeper in the years to come.

urbanski
03-14-07, 07:22 PM
Loaded 06 CTS-V to 06 STS-V would be more fair. 07 to 06 is comparing new to used because the 06 is a year old no matter if it is "new".

Correct me if I am wrong but an 06 CTS-V is going to fetch around 39k so it is still 20k :P

yeah, the 06 V will be 39ish.
either way...39, 59....i am so damn pissed i paid full MSRP for my V several years ago :p

Kadonny
03-15-07, 09:11 AM
Hello, since I'm new here this is a wonderful thread going. I'm one of the above persons who thought 80K was abit steep for the priceand was considering downsizing to the CTS-V. Currently I have a 04 Mercury Marauder & 97 Infiniti Q45 which the wife drives, she was looking at G35. Now she would like something bigger and was leaning towards the M series. After reading afew threads on this site I'm liking the caddy better. So why does Wards and JD Powers give continual high marks for the last few years to Japan models and lower marks to cadillac. I still worry about the dependability and cost of ownship down the road. So, do you guys think this car is a keeper in the years to come.

My car has run like a top since new, I have no complaints at all. The power, luxury and refinement amazes me.

Is it a keeper for years to come? No one can really say right now. Will the car last? Sure, but as styles change and cars change, does anyone really keep cars all that long anymore?

z06bigbird
03-30-07, 11:45 AM
I am getting ready to afford a STS V--in about 10 or 20 years.

It will need to have less than 20k miles on it. Seriously, they will be out there. I recently bought an 02 Z06 vette with 1,400 miles on it.

Ed