: Need your thoughts on this purchase

JimmyH
02-27-07, 03:49 PM
I am seriously considering a leftover, brand new, 2005 CTS-V with about 50 miles on it. It's from EVS Chevy in WI. I think the price is going to be around $35000. I was originally looking at used ones, but this one jumped out at me. It is black, and I am not crazy about black, but the 4 year full warranty makes me reconsider. $35k plus $1500 in tax is lot for me. I dont know, I am torn.

dannystang
02-27-07, 04:15 PM
Note to Self.

MSRP 52K NEW

2 yr old new model with no miles 35,000.

My next V 2010 33% off MSRP...?

I was almost depressed until I saw some values of the 300 SRT.

Edit: Oops I sold my V, but I put V emblems on my Chevy Colorado so I kinda still own a V?

commander112
02-27-07, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I bought a 43,000 mile 05 late last summer that was Cadillac certified (extended bumper to bumper in case you didn't know) for $29000 or so. My car while in good shape had a few chips here and there along iwth some scuffs on wheels, ect. How much is perfect condition and 43000 less miles worth to you is the only question you need to ask yourself?

Mark

zozmanCTS-V
02-27-07, 05:09 PM
That's a very good price. The 2005 has the LS6 C5Z06 motor. I bought my 2005 V used last October, 8100 miles mint condition for $37K. Buying a almost new car at that much off sticker is good business sense. :thumbsup:

RockinV
02-27-07, 05:43 PM
$35k plus $1500 in tax
Sounds like a sweet deal to me...Check blue book value...I think you will find they are letting it go for quite a bit under retail. If you found it was too much... You could probably sell it in a year and not loose anything on the deal.
Of couse after you get behind the wheel and true love takes over...I don't think anyone could pry it from your fingers.
Just a suggestion though...Wisconsin, huh...I would probably keep it in the garage (modding it of course) untill Springtime.
It would be a shame to put a "new" V on those snow covered roads so early And...well you know

ctsvflorida
02-27-07, 05:44 PM
You can't go wrong there my friend! Just buy it, get it over with and welcome to the succumbing of the torture to have the coolest car, yet with so many warranty issues that almost, no matter what, you will still love the POS...just like me and many others! We're all stuck in the trap and can't get out because the car is just too cool! :bouncy:

I couldn't explain it any better!

rand49er
02-27-07, 05:48 PM
I could learn to love black real fast for a "new" '05 for $35k.

BTW, mine had 56 miles (or real close to it) when I bought it new two years ago.

Black you say? Fifty miles you say? $35k you say? :bouncy:

heavymetals
02-27-07, 05:51 PM
Yep, mod the crap out of it.

I don't care for black either, but I had to add a maggie to keep up with them!:rolleyes:

GOTTSPD
02-27-07, 06:07 PM
Wow... That's an awesome price!!!!!!!

Imperator
02-27-07, 06:52 PM
My lease is ending soon... if you don't buy it, I will!

50 4Ever
02-27-07, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a good price to me. I would go for it but ask them to change the fluids (at least the oil) since it has been sitting for 2 years.

:thumbsup:

Koooop
02-27-07, 08:37 PM
Yep, mod the crap out of it.

I don't care for black either, but I had to add a maggie to keep up with them!:rolleyes:

Ignore heavy, all he sees is HP!

Black rules and at $35,000 it's even better! That's a great price.

JimmyH
02-28-07, 11:24 AM
I agree, it is a phenomenal price. And the full warranty more than offsets my last color choice. I am leaning towards it, and the wife is fully on board.

It will sit in the garage for the winter (at least until my Maxima finally dies)

They said they will do fluid changes before it is delivered to me.

And since it is 200 miles away from me, the drive home will be a nice easy break in period.

I know all the potential problems with this car, but I do still very much want it anyway. It is going to be a toy, at least for the first two years. So if it does have to go in for any service, at least I wont be without a car.

My dilemna is not whether I want to spend $37k on this car (with tax) but if I want to spend $37k period. That is why I am torn. You guys are really talking me into it though. I will have to tell the dealer to thank you.

thebigjimsho
02-28-07, 11:45 AM
The decline in resale has really leveled off over the past year or so. That price is stupid low! You could buy it, drive it around for a few months, change your mind and resell it for a minimal loss. I'd jump on it...unless it was wrecked...

pabstcadillac
02-28-07, 11:50 AM
How does any dealer have ANY 2005's left, much less a V. I'm suspecting it has something to do with the fact that it's in WI, but I don't want to offend any members. :alchi: BTW- JUMP ON THE DEAL!

Koooop
02-28-07, 06:53 PM
I just bought a Black '05 V out of WI for $35,000! The dealer told me someone passed it up!

(Just kidding)

ctsvflorida
02-28-07, 07:54 PM
I just bought a Black '05 V out of WI for $35,000! The dealer told me someone passed it up!

(Just kidding)

:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

TXSilverV
03-01-07, 09:26 AM
That is a great price. I should sell you my silver one since we all know they are the fastest. I will buy the black one since I need to slow down anyway.

thebigjimsho
03-01-07, 09:40 AM
That is a great price. I should sell you my silver one since we all know they are the fastest. I will buy the black one since I need to slow down anyway.HAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
...burp...
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
...fart...
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
...checks underwear...
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
hahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha
...falling asleep...
ha...
ha...
SNORT!
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHA
...yawn...
hahahahahahaha............hahaaa....ha............ .................................................. ....

JimmyH
03-08-07, 10:54 PM

(Just kidding)

I wish you would have, then I could at least know the car is gone...
They called me twice and emailed me in the last couple days. So I put in an offer. I am just waiting to here back if the owner approves the price.

I think the car has been sitting there for two years because the dealer is out in the middle of bumblef---, someone probably ordered it and then backed out. I keep meaning to ask them about that, but I keep forgetting.

And I live in Illinois, and if I buy the car it will be garaged for the winter.

Oh, and my silver Maxima is faster than any other... :worship:

BigEnos
03-08-07, 11:08 PM
Oh, and my silver Maxima is faster than any other... :worship:

Mine, too. Well, it's faster than any other '85 Maxima.

What is it with the Maxima->CTS-V progression anyway??

Sounds like a great deal, BTW. Go for it. :worship:

1Sonterra
03-08-07, 11:30 PM
Buy it. Drive it. Love it.

Black is the color on the V.

:bouncy:

GMBOUND
03-09-07, 04:48 AM
EVS wouldn't go down to $35k for me! I spoke with them Monday, they acted like they want $37 firm, I told them I could get an '06 for that! I'm picking up my '06 Saturday!
I also told them that since it's supposed to be new could I get 0% interest rate from GMAC. He said he couldn't do it. (See below)

"It does not have 0% financing unless something changes at GMAC or they have special financing for employees.

I would love for you to take that first trip to Mayville, but we need to be around the 37,000 mark which is average used. It is a new car albeit a bit older but still new.

I still thing this gives you the best bang for the buck....even if it is in Wisconsin."

Koooop
03-09-07, 12:12 PM
Even I would be surprised if you could get a new '06 for $37,000 unless you have a bunch of GM card points.

I'm not surprised you couldn't get the '05 for $35, $37,000 seems like a really good price for that car. I've noticed you can get great deals in the "weather challenged" states on these cars in the winter months.

alcast082
03-09-07, 12:39 PM
They are offering 0% on V's??????????????????????????????????????????

someone let me know

also for 35000, I would jump on it, brand new,

Hopefully my V WILL come out of the shop in a week or two and I can go back to enjoying it.

GMBOUND
03-09-07, 01:14 PM
$36250 with 6k miles on an '06. Clean serivce history. I'd say that's a new '06 huh??? So what it's red. I'm flying out tomorrow morning to pick it up!
alcast082, According to the EVS salesman he couldn't get GMAC to give me 0% for that '05 he had. I was trying to make a ste... I mean deal and he couldn't get GMAC to give me that.

I need the NAV mapdisc

Koooop
03-09-07, 04:16 PM
$36250 with 6k miles on an '06. Clean serivce history. I'd say that's a new '06 huh??? So what it's red. I'm flying out tomorrow morning to pick it up!
alcast082, According to the EVS salesman he couldn't get GMAC to give me 0% for that '05 he had. I was trying to make a ste... I mean deal and he couldn't get GMAC to give me that. I need the NAV mapdisc

There's the truth, I didn't think you could put away a new 2006 for $36,000. Make sure that it's not a lemon law buy back (they have clever names for those i.e. program car).

Pull the repair history on the car, post the VIN and someone here can run that for you.

My first set of tires were gone at 7,800 stone bald. So stack another grand on top of that $36,250.

Does either car have the extended warranty? That's worth a few Thousand by itself. Tough call, new for $37 or used for $36,250 and it's gonna need tires real quick (so it's really $37). With used there is no gas guzzler (is the '05 or '06 exempt from that?) and you could save in registration fees. New you can dump those GM card points on it.

The 0% interest thing is a big deal though.

I bought my car with 1,400 miles on it, I usually go used.

Good luck, you can't go wrong with either car both are well priced.

pabstcadillac
03-09-07, 05:54 PM
They are offering 0% on V's??????????????????????????????????????????

NO THEY MOST CERTAINLY ARE NOT,at least in AZ, CA, NV & the remainder of the SW Region. It sounds like he just wanted to work that into the deal. What sooooo many people don't realize is that in a lot of cases the dealerships have little to do with the rates out side of holding a couple of points. The consumer is the biggest variable in this equation, if you have excellent credit you are given more consideration. Having said that the rates are still what they are. If auto prime is 10% (And it's around that) a 775 Fair Isacc will still only get you 7.75% :alchi:

GMBOUND
03-09-07, 10:45 PM
There's the truth, I didn't think you could put away a new 2006 for $36,000. Make sure that it's not a lemon law buy back (they have clever names for those i.e. program car).

Pull the repair history on the car, post the VIN and someone here can run that for you.

My first set of tires were gone at 7,800 stone bald. So stack another grand on top of that $36,250.

Does either car have the extended warranty? That's worth a few Thousand by itself. Tough call, new for $37 or used for $36,250 and it's gonna need tires real quick (so it's really $37). With used there is no gas guzzler (is the '05 or '06 exempt from that?) and you could save in registration fees. New you can dump those GM card points on it.

The 0% interest thing is a big deal though.

I bought my car with 1,400 miles on it, I usually go used.

Good luck, you can't go wrong with either car both are well priced.

Yes sir I did make sure it wasn't a buy back. Funny you say that, cause I had so many service history printouts on my searched vehicles and it was so funny that most of the incrediblly cheap cars had BuyBack some where in the history. My list was cut in half after going through the Service History.

FYI there's a 06' Silver/Black in Greensville, TX for $35k that's a Buyback from Sewell Cadillac.

No extended warranty for neither vehicle. The EVS is supposed to be new so therefore it can't be "Certified Used" for the 100k and mine isn't from a GM dealer at all!

Yes, it's red but we'll just pretend that it's Black

BigEnos
03-10-07, 04:04 PM
That's hot! Did you buy it???

GMBOUND
03-10-07, 09:41 PM
Yep, I just got back. It's great! I just put over 500 miles on it though on the trip back from Chicago to Kansas. Got a great price. Aside for it missing the key fobs, second key & Nav disc, everything was great. I love the drive and I AVG 20.2 MPG driving at an AVG spead of 86. That's way better than my 04 Grand Prix GTP, driving that fast would have easily left me with an AVG MPG of 17

pabstcadillac
03-10-07, 09:49 PM
Congrats! :alchi:

Koooop
03-12-07, 12:45 AM
The Nav disk is $899 and the key fobs are $250 each!

(Kidding)

Did that gallon of armor all on the tires make the car get a little sideways?

I would've bought red but it came out just weeks after I got the black. It looks like a good one, there's no hole in the roof!

Have fun.

JimmyH
03-13-07, 05:00 PM
Well, here is the update:

The black, new 05 at EVS in WI; that guy was being fishy. I made him an offer, and he did not accept or reject it. I think he was trying to keep me on the hook. I saw the add relisted a couple days ago for like $42k, then it was taken down yesterday. Which is ok, I really did not want black. The carfax report stated it was new, not a buyback. Of course, I ran my own 2000 Maxima on carfax, and over half the stuff that happened on the car was not shown. So I dont know how reliable any of those reports really are.

So onto the good news:

I bought a used 2005, stealth grey from Chesrown in OH. He says he frequents the boards here. It has less than 3000 miles. Ran a carfax report on this car too, 1G6DN56S050214117, and it did not show anything abnormal. Up until this afternoon, it shows as a one owner car. Now it shows two owners, I am guessing the second is the dealership. I gave him a $500 deposit, and I am picking the car up Saturday. Let me know what you think.

So it looks like I am on board! By the way, it has FG2 perf shock option. Good or bad?

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/cts.jpg

JimmyH
03-13-07, 05:11 PM
What is it with the Maxima->CTS-V progression anyway??

Natural progression, up until a few years ago, it was the best bang/buck front drive sport sedan on the market.

The CTS-V is the best bang/buck v-8 sedan on the market. Unless you can afford an M5.

Koooop
03-13-07, 05:45 PM
Well, here is the update:

The black, new 05 at EVS in WI; that guy was being fishy. I made him an offer, and he did not accept or reject it. I think he was trying to keep me on the hook. I saw the add relisted a couple days ago for like $42k, then it was taken down yesterday. Which is ok, I really did not want black. The carfax report stated it was new, not a buyback. Of course, I ran my own 2000 Maxima on carfax, and over half the stuff that happened on the car was not shown. So I dont know how reliable any of those reports really are.

So onto the good news:

I bought a used 2005, stealth grey from Chesrown in OH. He says he frequents the boards here. It has less than 3000 miles. Ran a carfax report on this car too, 1G6DN56S050214117, and it did not show anything abnormal. Up until this afternoon, it shows as a one owner car. Now it shows two owners, I am guessing the second is the dealership. I gave him a $500 deposit, and I am picking the car up Saturday. Let me know what you think.

So it looks like I am on board! By the way, it has FG2 perf shock option. Good or bad?

It's no good, it's got a hole in the roof.

JimmyH
03-13-07, 07:59 PM
It's no good, it's got a hole in the roof.

Is that like the polish guy who brought home his town and country station wagon, and started banging on it with a hatchet so he could get the car out of the crate? (I'm Polish so I can make fun of them)

RockinV
03-13-07, 08:06 PM
I bought a used 2005, stealth grey from Chesrown in OH.

3000 miles...bascily just broke in...
Ebony interior...I like the black much better than the cream seats black dash combo.
And the whole hole in the roof deal...I like that tooo.
How much did you get it for???

urbanski
03-13-07, 08:25 PM
glad you got your baby!
yeah Chesrown is a dealer here....

JimmyH
03-13-07, 10:09 PM
I got it for $33500. I actually would have liked the black/tan interior. My mom has that in her Maxima, and I think the two tone interior is really classy.

Anyone have any experience with FG2 shocks?

GMBOUND
03-13-07, 10:20 PM
I got it for $33500. I actually would have liked the black/tan interior. My mom has that in her Maxima, and I think the two tone interior is really classy.

Congrats, now just try leaving it in the garage! It's soo hard. I need help:bigroll: I've had mines for three days now and I'm even waking up earlier to take drives. My wife is starting to get mad too,:thepan:

I told you about them EVS folks, I'd made an offer to them twice, It's pretty obvious that they don't want to sell it, its' been there 2 years already:crybaby:

Albertan
03-13-07, 10:56 PM
Jimmyh...
I bought mine from Dave Chesrown as well. Bought it last Dec. They had it all ready to go, Dave even picked me up at my hotel. I was out of there in less than an hour. I got a steal of a deal as well.
Bruce

JimmyH
03-13-07, 11:42 PM
I told you about them EVS folks, I'd made an offer to them twice, It's pretty obvious that they don't want to sell it, its' been there 2 years already:crybaby:

Yeah, I don't get it. Did you talk to Pete Bauer? Seems like a helluva nice guy too. Though with salesman you never can tell.

I don't care, I got a seemingly good deal with Dave Chesrown, he seems like a great guy too. And I am actually looking forward to the drive back..

JimmyH
03-13-07, 11:43 PM
Jimmyh...
I bought mine from Dave Chesrown as well. Bought it last Dec. They had it all ready to go, Dave even picked me up at my hotel. I was out of there in less than an hour. I got a steal of a deal as well.
Bruce

He said he's picking me up in his Z06. Now that will be a nice ride too...

JJKJ
03-13-07, 11:49 PM

Congrats on the new V! My V has the FG2 shocks but I haven't ridden in a car with the FE4's (base shock) for comparison. I will say that with the FG2's, my V rides like I would expect a performance sedan should. If purchasing a new V, I would definitely order it with the FG2 option, or if not, purchase the shocks afterwards.

John

z06bigbird
03-14-07, 12:10 AM
I am seriously considering a leftover, brand new, 2005 CTS-V with about 50 miles on it. It's from EVS Chevy in WI. I think the price is going to be around $35000. I was originally looking at used ones, but this one jumped out at me. It is black, and I am not crazy about black, but the 4 year full warranty makes me reconsider. $35k plus $1500 in tax is lot for me. I dont know, I am torn.

Sounds great, but how does a Chevy dealer end up with a NEW leftover cadillac? That does not make sense at first glance.

Ed

GMBOUND
03-14-07, 03:48 AM
Yeah, I don't get it. Did you talk to Pete Bauer? Seems like a helluva nice guy too. Though with salesman you never can tell.

I don't care, I got a seemingly good deal with Dave Chesrown, he seems like a great guy too. And I am actually looking forward to the drive back..

Yes Pete is the guy I spoke with. I guess it will be there another year!:highfive:

urbanski
03-14-07, 08:48 AM
search "fg2"

JimmyH
03-14-07, 05:23 PM
Sounds great, but how does a Chevy dealer end up with a NEW leftover cadillac? That does not make sense at first glance.

Ed

Their website shows them as selling the whole range of GM vehicles. And I have been to Mayville before (wife's family reunion every year) It is truly hobunk USA, there is almost nothing there. They might be the only car dealer in a 100 mile radius. So if somebody wants a car in that area, EVS is their only choice.

My guess, someone ordered that CTS-V and then backed out of the deal.

JimmyH
03-14-07, 06:32 PM
By the way, anyone here in the Chicagoland? I would like input on the best dealer here if/when I do need service.