: predator v 800hp

odla
02-26-07, 05:26 PM
anyone else get the april 07 gmhigh-tech performance mag yet. it has a whole artical on the 800 hp v. looks mean. stll not sure of the fender flares.

Kadonny
03-01-07, 06:02 PM
Yup, just got it in the mail yesterday.

I'm not sure about the flares either, but I love the 800hp and wasn't it like 870 ft/lbs torque?

I also loved how they say it is still very streetable. Streetable, but you have to carry 2 spare tires in the car because you wear through them so fast :thumbsup:

Overall a pretty good article. Sounds like the owners live in PA somewhere.

ctsvflorida
03-01-07, 06:33 PM
Yeah! It's really cool, I got it yesterday too!

onebadcad
03-01-07, 06:56 PM
I read the article, and noticed no 1320' time and no 0-60/100 times.
Looks like a fun car, but can it hook up?

odla
03-01-07, 06:59 PM
i wonder how we can find that info out? ill see if i can email them.

odla
03-01-07, 07:24 PM
This is what i found on their web page. i did email for some more info.

427 CID 7.0 LITER C5R RACE BLOCK
806 HORSEPOWER @ 6400 RPM
756 LB / FT TORQUE @ 5100 RPM
AFR CNC HEADS W/ FAST INTAKE MANIFOLD
JE PISTONS W/ LUNATI RODS
COMP CAM HYDRAULIC ROLLER
TWIN P-1SC PROCHARGERS
CUSTOM FABRICATED INTERCOOLER
CUSTOM FABRICATED TWO PASS RADIATOR
DIFFERENTIAL AND TRANSMISSION GEARS TREATED BY ROCKLAND STANDARD GEAR CO.
CUSTOM DIFFERENTIAL, TRANSMISSION, AND SUPPLEMENTAL ENGINE COOLERS
GRAND AM FENDER FLARES, REAR SPOILER,
AND HEAT EXTRACTOR HOOD FROM
SPECTER WORKS
HRE 19 X 10.5 WHEELS
285/35ZR19 AND 305/30ZR19 MICHELIN TIRES
BREMBO GOLD SERIES 8 PISTON CALIPERS W/ 15 INCH ROTORS UP FRONT AND 4 PISTON 14.5 INCH ROTORS IN REARhttp://icpusa.icpusa.net:227/2005cadillac.htm

trukk
03-01-07, 07:26 PM
i wonder how we can find that info out? ill see if i can email them.

I also believe it said Miles Since Upgrades: 500. Sounds like a dyno queen / show /promo car to me.

Very streetable means, there is a potential at one point or another this car may actually roll onto the street, not that it actually has.

No hate. Cool car. Practical, no. But hell a normal CTS-V isn't really on the practical side. I'm still trying to convince my wife that a 13-15 mpg car is a good commuter :D

-Chris

odla
03-04-07, 11:51 AM
here is a artical from predator on the v. must be able to read pdf
pm me if you want the pdf file. i cant put it on here. Can someone help me do it. I use the file attachment but it doesnt show up. it a good artical.

HiTechRV
03-04-07, 11:58 AM
Rockland did the custon diff too it looks like:

"In anticipation of the increased fluid temperatures common to road racing the T56 and rear end were sent out to Rockland Standard Gear where the vital internals were smoothed out and treated to a process that reduces operating temperature and friction. As added insurance, Predator treated the CTS-V to motor, transmission and differential oil coolers."

Sounds like a nice upgrade we could use in general.

With the 305 PS tires they might be able to launch the thing. With that kind of hp though you might do better starting in 2nd.