Changing Wheels 07 18's to 22's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By soulsea
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Changing Wheels 07 18's to 22's in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok - MY 07 is about to get a new set of shoes....bought a set of GM's 22 inch stock ...
    Shodan01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Changing Wheels 07 18's to 22's

Ok - MY 07 is about to get a new set of shoes....bought a set of GM's 22 inch stock wheels to replace my stock wheels. If they both have the tire pressure sensors, what else will I need to do?

I remember on my corvette, I had to use a large magnet to calibrate the tire pressure sensors to the car to retrieve the signals.....will I need to do anything like this here???

Thanks,

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Changing Wheels 07 18's to 22's

Steve the magnet does not work on these sensors. Depend on how old the wheels are there are two different sensors for 07', the early sensors were aluminum, a few months back they switched to rubber, they say you can switch them, well it did not work on my newest 07', I had to get the newer sensors for my winter 18" wheels (I have the stock 22's) In you owners manual there is a reset process, I will post it below. Note: this process did not work on my truck, I went to a Caddy dealer and they did it for me in 5 minutes with their Kent Moore scanner tool, I did not buy the truck from them, just a nice service manager.

EROD316 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac STS

Hello I am a certified cadillac tech I hope this helps

Tire Type/Pressure Selection
    To provide a more accurate function of the Tire Pressure Monitoring System, it is necessary to update the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) with the correct tire type and pressure information. Using the Tech 2®, follow the steps listed below to select the appropriate tire type/pressure:

Install the scan tool.
    Turn ignition ON with engine OFF.
    Enter "Diagnostics" and build vehicle according to model year, vehicle line, etc.
    Select "Body."
    Select "RCDLR Module."
    Select F2: Module Setup.
    Select F5: Tire Type/Pressure Selection.
    Select P-Metric Standard.
    Select the front and rear tire pressure as noted on the new vehicle driver door placard sticker for the accessory wheels/tires.
    Verify that the selections made are correct and press the enter key. The scan tool will flash "Procedure in Progress", then display "Procedure Complete."
    Press the "exit" key to escape.
    Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) System
    Important: Tire pressure sensors for 2007 model year full-size utilities are not compatible/interchangeable with pre-2007 model year full-size trucks and utilities and vice versa.

To avoid system malfunctions, it is necessary to install tire pressure sensors in the accessory wheels. Replacement sensors GM P/N 19155710 can be obtained or sensors from the OE wheels can be transferred to the accessory wheels. After the wheels are installed on the vehicle, it is necessary to learn the new sensor identification codes/locations into the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR).

TPM Sensor Relearn Procedure
    Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
    Apply the parking brake.
    Important: If the learn mode cannot be enabled, ensure the TPM system is enabled in the RCDLR. Use the following steps to enable the TPM system.

Install the Tech 2® to the vehicle.
    Enter "Diagnostics" and build vehicle according to model year, vehicle line, etc.
    Select "Body."
    Select "RCDLR Module."
    Select "Module Setup."
    Select "TPM Option Enable."
    Press the exit key to escape.

Using the DIC, press the vehicle information button until the RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. If your vehicle does not have the DIC buttons, press the trip odometer reset stem located on the instrument panel cluster until the RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. If your vehicle has the DIC buttons, press the set/reset button. The horn will sound twice to indicate the TPMs receiver is ready, and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will display. If your vehicle does not have the DIC buttons, press and hold the trip odometer reset stem until the horn chirps twice and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message is displayed.
    Alternate method: Simultaneously press the keyless entry transmitters lock and unlock buttons until a horn chirp sounds or use the scan tool and select Special Functions/Sensor Learn Mode Enable/Enable soft key. A horn chirp will sound indication the mode has been enabled.

Starting with the left front tire, hold the antenna of the J-46079 against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location then press and release the activate button and wait for a horn chirp, or increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for a horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached, or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached.
    After the horn chirp has sounded, proceed as in step 4 for the next 3 sensors in the following order:
    • Right front

• Right rear

• Left rear

After the LR sensor has been learned, turn OFF the ignition to exit the learn mode.
    After the learn mode has been exited, adjust all tire pressures to the recommended PSI.
    Spare Tire Hoist (22" Wheels Only)
    Important: The new spare tire hoist is necessary due to the added amount of stress that the 22" wheel/tire system causes to the factory installed tire hoist. The tire hoist is also needed even if you do not put a 22" spare under the vehicle.

Replace the spare tire hoist with GM P/N 19158309. This modification is required for the following vehicles when installing 22' wheels.

• 2007 Cadillac Escalade

• 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

• 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT

• 2007 GMC Yukon Denali

• 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL

The following procedure should be followed for this modification.

If the vehicle is equipped with a spare tire stowage lock cylinder, open the spare tire lock cover on the bumper and using the ignition key, remove the lock.
    Rotate the hoist shaft counterclockwise in order to lower the spare tire to the ground. Continue to rotate the shaft until the spare tire can be pulled out from under the vehicle and removed. If the spare tire does not lower to the ground, the secondary latch is engaged causing the tire not to lower.
    If the secondary latch is engaged and the cable end is visible, perform the following procedure:
    3.1. Tighten the cable by rotating the hoist shaft clockwise until you hear two clicks or feel it skip twice. You cannot overtighten the cable.

3.2. Loosen the cable by rotating the hoist shaft counterclockwise 3 or 4 turns.

3.3. If the spare tire can be lowered, repeat steps 1 and 2 to see if the spare tire can be removed.

3.4. If the spare tire cannot be lowered, rotate the hoist shaft counterclockwise until approximately 152 mm (6 in) of cable is exposed.

3.5. Raise and support the vehicle.

3.6. Place a transmission jack, or equivalent, under the spare tire.

3.7. Position the center of the transmission jack under the secondary latch release button at the center of the spare tire. Arrange the arms of the transmission jack so they will support the tire after it has been released.

3.8. Raise the jack until the spare tire stops moving upward and is firmly held in place, releasing the secondary latch.

3.9. Lower the tire. If the spare tire is hanging by the cable, rotate the hoist shaft counterclockwise until the tire is low enough to remove.

If the secondary latch is engaged and the cable end is NOT visible, perform the following procedure:
    4.1. Raise and support the vehicle.

4.2. Place a transmission jack, or equivalent, under the spare tire.

4.3. Position the center of the transmission jack under the secondary latch release button at the center of the spare tire. Arrange the arms of the transmission jack so they will support the tire after it has been released.

4.4. Raise the jack until the spare tire stops moving upward and is firmly held in place, releasing the secondary latch.

4.5. Lower the tire and remove it from the jack.

Raise and support the vehicle if it is not already raised.
    Depress the tabs, remove the guide shaft from the hoist collar, and slide the shaft toward the bumper.
    Remove the collar from the hoist.
    Remove the bolt.
    Remove the hoist from the bracket.
    Remove the spare tire hoist shaft guide from the bumper.
    Install the spare tire hoist shaft guide to the bumper.
    Install the hoist to the crossmember.
    Install the bolt.
    Tighten
    Tighten the bolt to 40 N·m (30 lb ft).

Install the collar to the hoist.
    Install the shaft to the hoist.
    Install the spare tire to the hoist.
    Rotate the hoist shaft clockwise until the spare tire is in position and the hoist clicks two times or it skips twice. You cannot overtighten the cable.
    Remove the safety stands.
    Lower the vehicle.
    Install the spare tire stowage lock cylinder.
    Module Reprogramming
    For proper vehicle operation and to ensure coverage under the provisions of the new vehicle warranty, the vehicle must be reprogrammed with the correct calibrations as soon as the accessory wheels are installed.

Important: Module reprogramming must be done using Pass-Thru method.

Engine Control Module (ECM)
    It will be necessary to reprogram the ECM for speedometer accuracy. Contact Techline (1-800-828-6860 English or 1-800-503-3222 French) to obtain a VCI number. Use the Service Programming System (SPS) and follow these steps:

Connect Tech 2® to vehicle and to TIS terminal.
    Power ON the Tech 2®.
    Select the proper reprogramming method: "Pass-Thru" and "Reprogram ECU", then "Next."
    Build the vehicle.
    Verify VIN is correct, then "Next."
    Select the proper controller to be programmed: "ECM Engine Control Module."
    Select the proper programming mode: "VCI", then "Next."
    Enter the VCI number obtained when calling TCSC, then "OK."
    On the following Calibration Selection screen, the speedometer calibration has now been added to the calibration set and the box is checked. If a box is not checked, you will have to make the appropriate calibration selection. All boxes must have check marks before going to the next step. Select "Next."
    Once the reprogramming is complete, depending on the vehicle build you may be required to perform a Crankshaft Position Variation Learn procedure. Refer to the Checking and Clearing DTCs After Reprogramming procedure listed below.
    Electronic Suspension Control Module (ESCM)
    This reprogram is only required for the following vehicles and only applies to 20" applications.

• Chevrolet Suburban 4WD

• GMC Yukon XL 4WD

• GMC Yukon Denali AWD

With the Tech 2® still connected, select the proper reprogramming method: "Pass-Thru" and "Reprogram ECU", then "Next.".
    Build the vehicle.
    Select the proper controller to be programmed: "ESCM Electronic Suspension Control Module."
    Select the proper programming mode: "Normal" , then "Next."
    On the following screen, select the proper calibration "Real Time Damping."
    From the part numbers displayed, select the one containing the correct wheel size in its description, then "Next."
    On the following screen, select "Done."
    Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)
    Important: 2007 GMC Yukon Denali and Denali XL upsizing from factory 20" to accessory 22" are excluded from EBCM reprogramming.

With the Tech 2® still connected, select the proper reprogramming method: "Pass-Thru" and "Reprogram ECU", then "Next.".
    Build the vehicle.
    Select the proper controller to be programmed: "EBCM Electronic Brake Control Module."
    Select the proper programming mode: "Normal" , then "Next."
    On the following screen, select the proper calibration "Electronic Brake."
    From the part numbers displayed, select the one containing the correct wheel size in its description, "Next."
    On the following screen, select "Done."
    Checking and Clearing DTCs After Reprogramming
    DTCs codes may be set as a result of the programming process. In most cases the codes can be cleared using the Tech 2® and following the procedure listed below.

If required, perform the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure (SI Document ID # 1657049).

Install the Tech 2® to the vehicle.
    Turn ignition ON with engine OFF.
    Select "Vehicle Control Systems."
    Select correct engine.
    Select "Vehicle DTC Information."
    Select "DTC Display." Scan tool will check all modules for any DTCs that are set.
    Select "View all DTCs."
    Select "Clear all DTCs."
    Press the "exit" key to escape.
    Calibration Information Documentation
    Make a copy of the "Accessory Wheel and Tire Information Form" included in this bulletin.
    Provide all information required on the form.
    Make a copy of the completed form for the customer to keep in the vehicle along with their Owner's Manual.
    File the original completed form in the Dealership's Vehicle Service History folder.
    Important: If original equipment tires/wheels are reinstalled, it will be necessary to reset the programming of the PCM to the original specifications.

Warranty Information
    Wheels
    All GM Accessories sold and permanently installed on a GM vehicle PRIOR to new vehicle delivery will be covered under the provisions of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

For the U.S., in the event GM Accessories are installed AFTER new vehicle delivery, or are replaced under the new vehicle warranty, they will be covered (parts and labor) for the balance of the vehicle warranty, but in no event less than 12 months/12,000 miles. This coverage is only effective for GM Accessories permanently installed by a GM dealer or a GM approved ADI (Accessory Distributor / Installer).

For Canada, in the event GM Accessories are installed AFTER new vehicle delivery, they will be covered (parts and labor) for the balance of the vehicle warranty, or up to 12 months/unlimited kilometers depending on month installed. For replacement after the new vehicle warranty expires, but within the 12 months/unlimited kilometers coverage, refer to claim type "B" guidelines.

GM Accessories sold over-the-counter, or those not requiring installation, will continue to receive the standard GM Dealer Parts Warranty of 12 months from the date of purchase (parts only).

Tires
    Any approved tire installed on a GM Vehicle PRIOR to delivery will be covered under the provisions of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Tires are covered against defects in material and workmanship. Tires are warranted for defects "without" prorated charge for tread mileage. Subsequent replacements under this warranty will continue to be covered for the remainder of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Any approved tire installed on a GM Vehicle PRIOR to delivery may continue to be warranted on a prorated basis by the tire manufacturer once the New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires.

Any approved tire installed AFTER delivery will be covered under the provisions of the tire manufacturer warranty.

USA dealers should refer to GM Warranty Administration Bulletin 00-03-10-003I and GM Parts Process / Policy Bulletin IB03-001 for more information.

Canadian dealers should refer to GM Warranty Administration Bulletin 01-03-10-003B.

GM Warranty Claims Processing
    Only GM dealerships have the ability to file warranty claims for GM Parts and Accessories. Therefore, any warranty claims filed against such parts must be handled by the servicing GM dealership. This includes those parts purchased from a GM-approved ADI (Accessory Distributor / Installer).

jbergado is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thank you for the post. It is appreciated. I transplanted my sensors on my 18" oem to my new 24" custom rims. I tried the relearn process; however, they are no longer detected? Any ideas why this is so? After I put in in "learn mode" I went to the front left tire and let air out for at least 10 seconds. Still no chirp. I practically continued to let air out until the entire tire was deflated and still no chirp? Do you think if I bring it to the dealership they can make it recognize my tire using an alternative method (intead of deflated or inflating the tire)?

Many owners including myself could not get the programming to work via letting air out, or inflating the tires. I have two 07's and put 18's on for my winter tires and put 22's back on in the spring, one of my two 07's worked one time with the pressure release method, the other "newer" 07' did not, after a trip to my local (not my selling dealer) dealer they used their Tech II Tool and did not charge me, I gave the guy $20.00 and he seemed happy. I purchased my own tire programming tool, it is a Bartec and works on every sensor made, for me it was worth it, got in new on E-Bay for half price and it's very easy to use. Any owners in the Phila area I will gladly program your sensors at of course no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by jbergado View Post
    Thank you for the post. It is appreciated. I transplanted my sensors on my 18" oem to my new 24" custom rims. I tried the relearn process; however, they are no longer detected? Any ideas why this is so? After I put in in "learn mode" I went to the front left tire and let air out for at least 10 seconds. Still no chirp. I practically continued to let air out until the entire tire was deflated and still no chirp? Do you think if I bring it to the dealership they can make it recognize my tire using an alternative method (intead of deflated or inflating the tire)?

Using the Tech II Tool or another brand programming tool will work, read my post above.

T-Giv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

How much is a set of TPS from the dealership? I just got my 24's and I want some sensors in them as well as my factory 20's.

Get them on e-bay, can find sets from $50.00-$100.00, I have purchased many on e-bay

jackpine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

I have perfectly functional sensors with 22s and toyo proxies.

As I have always done for best performance and mileage I cranked the pressure up to the 50psi max and all of a sudden my tpms sensors are not registering properly in the DiC.

It looks like all that needs to be done is the process outlined by EROD316 above. However I contacted my mdealer to do this and they were very reluctant to even discuss this and claim that they are legally bound to maintain the pressures listed on the vehicle.

Are there any forum members that have successfully worked with their dealer to adjust the tpms monitor and computer?

Are there any suggestions on how to ask for this without them referencing the firestone/ford explorer issues?

Thanks!

neelfryer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalde ESV 2000 DTS 1970 De Ville Vert 1956 Series 62

awesome advice

soulsea is offline defector
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive

Wow that's a lot of posts on sensors ...

Step 1. Drive to any GM dealership
    Step 2. Ask service manager nicely if he can have a tech flash your TPMS for you
    Step 3. Drive away

99% of dealerships will do it on the spot as a courtesy, especially Cadillac dealerships ... if they don't you know where not to buy your next vehicle from and just go to another dealership.
    K9Caddy likes this.
    2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive (sold 3/14)

Build Thread: Drop BBK Corsa and 24s

Hemmissey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac Escalade
    I had 1 sensor relearned, and the dealership charged my $57 :-|

soulsea is offline defector
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive

Damn man, that's insane.

If the dealer won't do it for free out of courtesy then just drive by the bays of any large tire store, hand a tech a twenty and they'll do it.

I guess I must be lucky, every dealer I've ever gone to has done it for me on the spot for free.
    2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive (sold 3/14)

Build Thread: Drop BBK Corsa and 24s

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Wow... I bought the tool for 100.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.