Loaner Car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Loaner Car in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I took my 2007 Escalade AWD in today for it's first service as well as had the driver's side mirror ...
    xmanpro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade AWD

Loaner Car

I took my 2007 Escalade AWD in today for it's first service as well as had the driver's side mirror issue everyone seems to be experiencing. Anyway, the service and the mirror thing all went well (I'm getting a new side mirror); For some reason, they stuck me in an Enterprise rental car.

I did not get a Cadillac from Enterprise, I ended up with a Chevy Trailblazer because "that's all they had".

Anyway, to make a long story short, I got the dirtiest, stinkiest Trailblazer I have ever seen. It wasn't washed, it had a sticky steering wheel that force me to wash my hands after everytime I drove it and they gave it to me with 1/4 tank of gas. I have a 2007 Escalade fully loaded for crying out loud!

Not sure what everyone elses' experience is with loaners from Cadillac but I have never had to get a rental car, let alone a super dirty one, from when I have taken in my Acura, Lexus or Ford vehicles in to their respective dealerships.

This is my first Cadillac and I just wanted to find out what others' experience has been with their Caddy loaners and what not.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EXT_Vegas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Loaner Car

It depends on the dealership and costs allowances. Not every dealer will give you a rental let alone a Cadi rental. I would have complained to the rental vehicle company, it's not cad's fault that the rental company gave you a dirty vehicle with no gas.

yourgmsolutions is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I hear you man, when I took My 06 STS for service, they tried to put me into a malibu. I have nothing against malibu personaly.but I was pissed because I paid top dollar for for cadillac brand, so i think that i deserved to be treated as a cadillac customer,and after I told general manager that i will consider that as a discrimination. they got me 05 STS from their used car lot

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Establish a good relationship with your dealer and you will get taken care of.
    When we bring ours in for service and we usually get a Lade EXT or a Deville.

Cadillade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond EXT

When I had my 05 EXT in service, they offered me a Cobalt. I needed something bigger. They said they had the Trailblazer, but it got dropped off and no chance to clean it.

So, I had to get the Trailblazer. Man it was dirty, they even left the full shop vac in the back!!! Plus it was the most basic model there was.

That was from Enterprise as well. My first loaner was a LeSabre, but you can hardly see the trunk when backing up and it came with no parking sensors.

I was expecting a Cadillac loaner as well, but it seems that I'll never get one I was hoping to catch the new 07s. Oh well.

honda4x4nut is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

My dealer gives me a choice of a Hummer H2, 07 lade, H3, or a sts every time

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by honda4x4nut View Post
    My dealer gives me a choice of a Hummer H2, 07 lade, H3, or a sts every time
    Same with me! The exact same options, but I was not offered a H3. I was offered a choice between two H2's, two 07 Escalade's, and four new STS'.

Thanks.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

I get shown the waiting room or the parking lot where my parents are waiting for me. It sucks not being 25 in NY. No rental cars for me
    ~Steve

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by slk230mb View Post
    I get shown the waiting room or the parking lot where my parents are waiting for me. It sucks not being 25 in NY. No rental cars for me
    I am only 17 years old and I was not supposed to get a rental car, but since I am close with my service guy at the dealership, he has the rental car waiting for me when I pull up meaning I don't have to go through any paperwork. It can also be due to the fact that I have purchased three vehicle's from that particular dealership in the last two years. Anyways, I will talk to the service guy over the phone and he will tell me what he has and then the next morning, I am there and I hop into the car I asked for. Very easy.

Thanks.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I got a new (18 miles) STS and an 07' Tahoe when they came to flatbed my truck, the 07' Tahoe came from Enterprise, it was new and clean, of course my newest 07' has a broken engine.

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I'm 21 and I get an Escalade or Hummer without any problems.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

This really is something Cadillac should have taken care of, across the board, a long time ago. Owning a Chevy or Pontiac (even a $50k+ Tahoe or something), it's bad enough of an inconvenience either dealing with the dealer shuttle or no car at all most of the time, but when you buy a Cadillac, it shouldn't even be a QUESTION.

Yes, quite a few dealers have taken it upon themselves to cover the expense of either offering Cadillac loaners off the lot or nearby rental cars, but that's not how it works at any other "luxury brand". Have an Infiniti? Take it in for service and there's always a clean new Infiniti waiting for you, no questions. Have a Lexus or BMW? Same thing.

Even if some dealers do it, it needs to become a corporate policy just like it has for competitors--when you pay for a Cadillac and it has to come in for service, it should be a nice smile, hello, and "here's your keys" to a clean new Cadillac loaner out front. GM can reimburse the dealers for the added expense (just like everyone else does), and then it's never even a question--and you have happier owners in the end. Why this still hasn't been taken care of in the year 2006 is ludicrous.

jaycough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 esv

my dealer only has Caddy loaners (escalde, etc...) or if none enterprise on site gives Escalade, DTS or CTS. Also not sure if part of the warranty, but service or warrnaty car comes if requested.

dmauch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 Escalade

All Cadillac vehicles under original factory warranty provide a rental car if your vehicle is in for a warranty-covered repair...

Uria702 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade black w/ navi

depends where you are, in new york state it is illegal to give out loaner cars for insurance purposes so they always give you a enterprise rental, new jersey dealers always give you enterprise too, it doesnt bother me as long as i have a car to get around in im fine. what pisses me off is when they dont give you a loaner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.