Loaner Car - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Loaner Car in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by integline do some ass kissing to ur service rep. i did that and i got a new ...
    boatmanea is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): White diamond '04 Escalade AWD

Re: Loaner Car

Quote Originally Posted by integline View Post
    do some ass kissing to ur service rep. i did that and i got a new 4 dr cadi sedan when i took my cadi in for its last warranty issue. i had like 49,500 on, and got a brand new cadi. i was impressed. however the dealership did a half ass job.
    A**kissing?!?!? If buying vehicles from the dealer doesn't convince them to take good care of you so you'll keep coming back... I'd find a new dealer (or threaten to leave - they'll wake up if they're smart).

RANGER 66 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

We took the SRX in for maintenance and they gave my girlfriend a new CTS. They only thing that I didn't like was having to hear her complain about no nav or xm radio. Overall not a bad deal though.

RLTW

STEALTHBOMBER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade, 07 EXT(Stolen),09 EXT

I always get a brand new loaner from my dealership no matter what cadi i give them to service.... usaully service is done in 20 min so i just wait... but for other shit its always either a new dts, srx or an 04 escalade

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTHBOMBER View Post
    I always get a brand new loaner from my dealership no matter what cadi i give them to service.... usaully service is done in 20 min so i just wait... but for other shit its always either a new dts, srx or an 04 escalade
    Owning four new Cadillac's like you do, I would assume they would take care of you. Haha! Once again, sick EXT man!

Thanks.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Since the nearest Cadillac dealer is about 30 miles away, I usually go to the local Chevrolet dealer (that I've bought 2 Avalanches from and that service my other 2 cars). But I decided to take my EXT to the Cadillac dealer for a nav system warranty replacement -- and got in return -- a bright red Chevrolet Aveo from the Hertz Local place down the road...

Worst car I think I've EVER driven!

You would floor it and all it would do is just get louder. Drove it home, left it in the driveway for a couple of days, and drove it back. You don't realize how many huge SUVs and P/Us there are until you're driving around in a pencil box...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Still, one thing that GM DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY needs to get a policy in place for is in regards to Cadillac service. It's normal for a typical Acura, Lexus, etc. buyer to always get a clean loaner car comparable to their own right from the dealer demo stock, and even in a lot of cases, have that loaner delivered right to their driveway, their vehicle picked up and serviced, and then a return swap--all without doing a thing. That's the service you expect with a high end vehicle, yet Cadillac has nothing, as a corporate policy.

Some dealers are good about giving you a Cadillac demo loaner and being as courteous as possible, but just as many don't because they don't have to. It needs to be a policy, in place, and ordered to follow immediately, especially given the current caliber of Cadillac vehicles and all the new owners--especially those coming from other brands who make the customer #1 in every regard.

Still, I have no clue WHY, with a luxury brand, this basic thing is just left to chance...and if a dealer feels like it. Fine if you buy a Pontiac, but otherwise, terrible, and enough for some people to settle on never coming back to the brand again--I've seen it happen.

sj1400 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV

Everytime I've taken mine in for service they have Enterprise onsite. Have never received a Cadillac rental. When I had my old Navigator Lincoln always provided a Lincoln product as a loaner. For now if I need service and hte vehicle has to stay overnight I request a shuttle ride home. I rather use my 2nd vehicle then be bothered with the Enterprise ordeal.

CadX6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm not sure what the official policy is now, but when I got my first Seville in 1996 the Cadillac "Gold Key" warranty stipulated that if your Cadillac had to stay in the hospital overnight for warranty work - they provided a "comparable" vehicle - meaning another Cadillac.
    When I was doing business with Ronald Moran Cadillac in Torrance, CA (before their customer service got flushed down the sewer by Penske), they exclusively used Enterprise which had a small office onsite & kept several Devilles on hand.
    You have to watch Enterprise though. Once, after turning in a Deville, I got a nasty letter in the mail demanding several thousand dollars to totally repaint the vehicle due to a scratch on the front bumper that I had allegedly caused (sounds ridiculous but it's true). I took the letter to the service manager who just happened to be dealing with another extortion letter sent to another of his long time customers. Apparently an overzealous agent was writing up everything she could find on every vehicle being turned in - in an effort to make herslf look good I guess. One phone call took care of my letter & the other customer's. Enterprise has a very (!) large contract with dealers of all makes of GM products. If they start alieniating dealer's customers and the dealers themselves, they have a lot to lose.
    My current dealer in Schaumburg, IL has apparently had so many complaints about Enterprise (filthy, junk cars, etc.) that they have started giving loaners from their own fleet (STS's & CTS's) & using their on site Enterprise only after all their cars are gone.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Without fail, I always get an Enterprise DTS , SRX, or CTS loaner when I bring my vehicles in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.