Loaner Car - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Loaner Car in Cadillac Escalade Forums; When my dads 2002 EXT (#3 of 5) was out of commision, they tried sticking him with an alero or ...
    Superior Detailing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 EXT

Re: Loaner Car

When my dads 2002 EXT (#3 of 5) was out of commision, they tried sticking him with an alero or something of the like. He kindly explained that this was his 3rd car from this particular dealership and that he thought he deserved more. 10 minutes later they pulled a Rolls Royce into the service dept. and said "how bout this?" Needless to say that Rolls got us A LOT of attention while rolling around town that weekend.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Detailing View Post
    When my dads 2002 EXT (#3 of 5) was out of commision, they tried sticking him with an alero or something of the like. He kindly explained that this was his 3rd car from this particular dealership and that he thought he deserved more. 10 minutes later they pulled a Rolls Royce into the service dept. and said "how bout this?" Needless to say that Rolls got us A LOT of attention while rolling around town that weekend.
    Are you kidding me? Where did your dealership get a Rolls Royce from? That doesn't make any sense to me. I wonder if it was the dealership owner's car. I doubt that any dealership would spend that kind of money to buy a Rolls Royce as a loaner car. What kind of R.R. was it anyways?

Thanks.

UNCLLUIE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC

Right after I bought my Fleetwood, some 17 year old girl in a civic ran me off the road and into a post. The dealership doing the body work tried to give me a rental Stratus as a loaner - what a piece of crap, and tiny too. I drove it to the dealership and flirted with the female service manager. Told her I was 6'4" and had bought the new Fleetwood about a minute before the accident. They got me a Town Car and let me keep it for the 28 days it took to get the FWB back. They really won my loyalty then. Massey Cadillac in Orlando Fla. - good people.

house is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac Deville DHS

i only get a gm suv for a loaner, they see my size and dont stick me in anything less.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

I am bumping this post because I want to figure out where and how this guy managed to get a Rolls Royce as a loaner car. I am still shocked.

Thanks.

boatmanea is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): White diamond '04 Escalade AWD

Ken Batchelor Caddy in San Antonio always tries to give you a "like" vehicle. If you drop off a Slade, you get a Slade, etc. The only things they aren't giving out are H2s (my wife has to drive "something else" when she drops off her H2) and 07 Slades (I'm dying to try one - maybe I'll just schedule a test drive). My last loaner was a brand new CTS - I just ask for a different car each time so I've driven just about everything on the lot that's worth driving. It's an Enterprise rental counter - I'm guessing they've got a sweet deal from GM.

benamaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV

My dealer uses Enterprise too. I've had a DTS once and a Prius the other time. I kinda wish they would have given a SUV when you bring in a Escalade ESV. I would have liked a Yukon or a SRX or an Escalade but not a Prius. It was different though.

integline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

do some ass kissing to ur service rep. i did that and i got a new 4 dr cadi sedan when i took my cadi in for its last warranty issue. i had like 49,500 on, and got a brand new cadi. i was impressed. however the dealership did a half ass job.

Well its nice when you take off from work and they don't have the part in and don't call you until after the schduled time. I always ask for a CTS but they never have them. I don't understand why Cadillac can't make sure the dealerships give a same class of vehicle.

I had a suspension squeak that took like 6 times to fix. I got the run around with them saying everything but what it was. I jumped on the running board and it would squeak but it was horrible when it would do it on the road. They said it was the brakes and everything else but it turned out to be a TSB that said to put a washer on the shock mount and then it was fixed. That was the biggest problem I ever had.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think i have the same squeaking noise, but they can't diagnosis it. When I go over uneven roads, I get a lot of squeaking coming from the suspension. If i have my windows down, it is really annoying. Some of the noise goes away when I ride the brakes alittle, but the majority of the squeaking persists. Would you happen to have the TSB# ?

Superior Detailing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 EXT

I really don't remember how he did it, or what kind it was, all I remember what it was white (I was in 8th grade back then) So I will get the details later today on how/why they did it.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by boatmanea View Post
    Ken Batchelor Caddy in San Antonio always tries to give you a "like" vehicle. If you drop off a Slade, you get a Slade, etc. The only things they aren't giving out are H2s (my wife has to drive "something else" when she drops off her H2) and 07 Slades (I'm dying to try one - maybe I'll just schedule a test drive). My last loaner was a brand new CTS - I just ask for a different car each time so I've driven just about everything on the lot that's worth driving. It's an Enterprise rental counter - I'm guessing they've got a sweet deal from GM.
    san 'tone eh? seen my black V roaring around?

Jason_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac EXT

I drove a XLR-V off the lot yesterday while my EXT was getting serviced.

That car is cool... Not 100 grand cool, but cool

Quote Originally Posted by outofdablue View Post
    I think i have the same squeaking noise, but they can't diagnosis it. When I go over uneven roads, I get a lot of squeaking coming from the suspension. If i have my windows down, it is really annoying. Some of the noise goes away when I ride the brakes alittle, but the majority of the squeaking persists. Would you happen to have the TSB# ?
    I'll try and find it by Monday I do believe it was on the slip they gave me when I picked it up. I think you're having the same problem I have. I was so made last summer I was driving around town and people would turn and look not cause its an Escalade but because it was squeaking like some 20 year old rust bucket. Its amazing the simple things that can cause such large problems. If I can't find the TSB # I'll look it up on the Avalanche forum thats where I kind of found out about the problem because it applied to all GM SUV's.

boatmanea is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): White diamond '04 Escalade AWD

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    san 'tone eh? seen my black V roaring around?
    I've seen one at Lackland AFB. That you?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.