2007 Escalade MP3's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade MP3's in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, I have had my 2007 escalade since about May. I have yet to be able to burn an MP3 ...
    telemekhos is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2007 Escalade MP3's

Hi,
    I have had my 2007 escalade since about May. I have yet to be able to burn an MP3 CD that will play well. Normally, the first 5-6 songs work well, but then it stops working. Im using the new Roxio program on a new Dell XPS, but have tried on other computers with similar results. Has anyone had success with a CD with like 100+ MP3's on it? If so, please advise..
    thanks,
    -T-

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: 2007 Escalade MP3's

I have not burned my first MP3 yet, but my cousin made me 2 MP3 discs with 8 albums on each one and they work fine, he burnt them. When I get home later this week I will let you know what software he and I have.

Chopper9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I find my system to struggle with MP3 discs as well.

VERY slow in reading... even going to next song.

Does NOT understand folders and all that.

Sometimes get hung up all together.

yourgmsolutions is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You gus try to use Nero programm to burn CD's, it works better

Quote Originally Posted by gm_geek View Post
    You gus try to use Nero programm to burn CD's, it works better
    That is what I have, it's Nero. Thank you.

One other thing, talking to my cousin via e-mail he told me you have to use good CD-R's and not the colored ones, he said he had trouble getting them to work all the time.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    One other thing, talking to my cousin via e-mail he told me you have to use good CD-R's and not the colored ones, he said he had trouble getting them to work all the time.
    This is very true. You should not use the colored cd's at all in your 6-disc. This is how my cd changer broke in the first place. The colored cd's really give the player a hard time and actually caused mine to short out. I suggest the original silver cd's or black cd's. None of those purple or blue. Hope this helps. Keep in mind that any factory cd changer is known to not be that great.

Thanks.

zeetree is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV & 03 DeVille

I have no problem burning a mp3 CD with over 150 songs on it (using the 2007 ESV stock head unit) couldn't figure out the folders, and didn't bother with shortening the song name lenghts either (they automatically truncuate). It's a little hassle spinning the knob to a track number that is far away from #1, and the ID3 info takes longer to come on sometimes than the song itself, but other than those minor complaints it works. I used iTunes to burn them to TDK bulk CDs from Costco, and have not had any fail to work for me yet.

xmanpro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade AWD

mine works but it is super slow navigating through the cd with about 150 songs... the ID tags take forever to show...

figgie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

folks

if you haven't try the Windows Media Player 11 beta. All the issue I had with burning MP3 CDs are gone with WMP11 beta 2.

yourgmsolutions is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I think the simple solution to all this is switch to the ipod
    I think Gm is using "stone age' cd roms for their mp3. never seen anything slower.
    but try this. instead of dumping all 150 songs into the disc. create folders first. by genre, artist name or what ever. and then put your songs into those folders. It should be ease to operate, because now you don't have to scroll from song #1 to song#99
    you go through the folders, open them and then and then navigate inside of them.
    it sounds to complicated but works faster. you can use your preset button on your steering wheel to go through folders and then seek button to navigate through titles.
    if still don't work, please guys don't kill me. this is just a suggestion

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.