Ok here is my take on the 07' vs. 02' - 06' Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Ok here is my take on the 07' vs. 02' - 06' Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Let me start by saying of all the cars and trucks I have owned my 03' Escalade has been the ...
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Ok here is my take on the 07' vs. 02' - 06' Escalade

Let me start by saying of all the cars and trucks I have owned my 03' Escalade has been the best all around car/truck I have had, period. About 3 months ago I received my FIRST 07' Escalade, it has every option less rear seat DVD, keep in mind I still have my 03' at this time, so I could drive both on the same roads on the same days. The fit and finish on the exterior of my 07' was just better than my 03', not that there was a lot wrong with the fit and finish of my 03', just the 07' was better. The factory tinted rear windows are not as dark on the 07's as my 03' was, we did some light meter testing thanks to one of my State Trooper Zaino customers, and my 07' was 10% lighter in factory tint darkness, no big deal, it plenty dark enough and matching the drivers and passenger side windows was not a problem with aftermarket tint. The interior of the 07' is much more modern compared to my 03', the switches and handles are real nice. The 07' seats are a real disappointment compared to my 03', the Escalade from 02' to 06' had the best seats period, all the car mags say the same thing, the 07' Escalade has seats like my Caddy SRX which costs half the price, this bothers me so much that I have been getting quotes for having new seats made. The seat belts are another short fall on the 07's, on the 02's to the 06's the were part of the seat and were very comfortable to wear, the 07's are like the standard seat beats on most cars, the are a pain and lock from time to time when cornering, of couse this happens mostly because the seats in the 07' do not give you the same support as the 02's to 06's do, and they are smaller than the early years. Express windows up on the 07's has been beaten to death, so I will only say the 07' should have them. Express close on the sunroof is nice, my 03' did not have that. Numbered fobs like my 03' had was a nice thing, GM got rid of that in I believe 04', that was a great thing to have, I miss that. The sound system/Nav system in the 07' works very nice, of course having to stop and put it in park is a pain to make changes, but that should be fixed with aftermarket parts real soon (I did not have Nav on my 03' because it would have pushed delivery back in 02' another 8 weeks) The handling on the 07' (I have stock 22's) is very impressive, of course the ride on the roads I drive is much more harsh with the 22's compared to 18's (I even switched and put the stock 22's on my 03' for a few days) this comfirmed the fact that 22's give you a more harsh ride due to less air cushion. The steering on the 07's (rack and pinion) has a much better feel than my 03', there was nothing wrong with my 03' steering, but the 07' just feels more like a sports car than my 03' did. The engine and trans in the 07's is a great combo, it's smooth and fast for sure (we will make it faster) . Overall I liked the 07' some much I just got my SECOND 07' Escalade, my first one now lives at my home in Montana, and my new one I got Sept 7th will live in Pa, they are both the same color interior and exterior and have the same options, what can I say I like white, and it's easy to keep clean. I have some concerns about deep snow driving in my 07's because of the lower air dam on the front end, time will tell if that will be a problem, I have a home in upstate NY where they get snow by the foot. They seem to make the 07' Escalade more for the road than the off road, and lets face it most Escalade's spend 99% of the time on the road anyway, mine spends time at construction sites and in deep snow. I got to spend some time in the drivers seat of my 07' driving it out to Montana from Pa, it was a fun trip, my home in Montana is close to Glacier National, and I got to drive my truck on "The Road to the Sun" in the park which is nothing short of breathtaking. This is my opinion based on my ownership of these great trucks, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Ok here is my take on the 07' vs. 02' - 06' Escalade

Thank you very much! Great comparison!
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

One question.. How much better of a ride did you get with the 18s as opposed to the 22s? I'm going from 22s to 17s today...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

tmclaug1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade gone for now

Question Re: Ok here is my take on the 07' vs. 02' - 06' Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    One question.. How much better of a ride did you get with the 18s as opposed to the 22s? I'm going from 22s to 17s today...
    I have the same question, I will be driving mine every day and will get some snows but for the rest of the year would you get the 18's for the ride or the 22's for the look? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tmclaug1 View Post
    I have the same question, I will be driving mine every day and will get some snows but for the rest of the year would you get the 18's for the ride or the 22's for the look? Thanks.
    Tm, where are you in upstate NY? I have a home just outside Old Forge NY.

As I have said it depends on where you live and drive, if I lived in Florida, Texas, Zona or Cali I would have the 22's or larger for sure, but I do not, I live in the northeast, I develop large tracks of land and need my truck to drive around the sites, I am not really 4 wheeling because there is usual road down by then, and I am not sure if 22's are going to cut it where I drive. I also purchased 2 sets of stock 2007 chrome 18" wheels from E-Bay for my Bridgestone Revo's for the winter, the one set in on my truck at my home in Montana, and I may even sell the stock 22's which came on that truck, because out there I am driving on many unpaved roads, they are in good shape, just not paved, we will see. There is a night and day difference between the stock 18's and the stock 22's in terms of ride of rough roads.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Tm, where are you in upstate NY? I have a home just outside Old Forge NY.
    By Albany, in Rensselaer County...

I just passed there last week going to Lake George.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Great comparison. Pushing me closer and closer to the 2007, but I really want to hold out until at least the 2008.

Thanks.

I live in Florida and the 22s are giving me an annoying ride.. It feels like I'm in an old Ford pickup truck...

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Cadillac Escalade View Post
    Great comparison. Pushing me closer and closer to the 2007, but I really want to hold out until at least the 2008.

Thanks.
    I'm holding out for the 08 as well, just to see what they add.

Quote Originally Posted by tmclaug1 View Post
    I'm holding out for the 08 as well, just to see what the add.
    Agreed, and I don't want to deal with the bugs on the 2007. I am sure you feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    I live in Florida and the 22s are giving me an annoying ride.. It feels like I'm in an old Ford pickup truck...
    Come on Sal 22's are giving you a bad ride in Florida? You getting old on us.

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Cadillac Escalade View Post
    Agreed, and I don't want to deal with the bugs on the 2007. I am sure you feel the same way.
    Don't like bugs either.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Come on Sal 22's are giving you a bad ride in Florida? You getting old on us.
    Agreed. I am on 22's right now in Florida and I will soon be on 24's or 26's. Haha! I think the ride is great, but then again, I am still young.

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.