Ordering 07 from dealer question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Ordering 07 from dealer question in Cadillac Escalade Forums; What is the procedure? I placed an order last week and have not had an update if the order was ...
    lordkevork is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ordering 07 from dealer question

What is the procedure? I placed an order last week and have not had an update if the order was accepted yet or anything. I called the dealer and they say they will contact me when they know more. Is there anything I can do or should be doing to speed the process up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2007EXT4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Ordering 07 from dealer question

Quote Originally Posted by lordkevork
    What is the procedure? I placed an order last week and have not had an update if the order was accepted yet or anything. I called the dealer and they say they will contact me when they know more. Is there anything I can do or should be doing to speed the process up?
    Oh wow, i hope you arent holding your breath.

It was almost exactly 3 months from the day i placed my order till my EXT showed up.

There is nothing you can do to speed up the process and finding out where your truck is in the process is like pulling teeth.

Once your order is processed by Cadillac, it will be given a number. It may be weeks before they actually build it...depending on how many are ahead of you. Once it is put into production, it will only take about a week to build it. Then it will be classified as "in transit". Once it is in transit, you are looking at another 2-3 weeks for it to arrive.

Good luck

bblucero is offline Cadillac Owners Member

As far as I know there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. We ordered ours in Feb and it came in two months later. Maybe calling them more often will entice them to get your truck in sooner. It's definately worth the wait!!! Congrats!!!

I know it will be a few months and that doesn't bother me. What is bothering me is waiting to hear the order was placed and accepted. I would hate to wait 2 months and then find out the order was never placed. I'm still waiting for the dealer to call me back and let me know if it went in.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I waited 15 weeks to find out that GM and not my dealership had a problem with my Escalade order, I am not allowed to say anything except that I am now being taken care of, and it's much better than I could have dreamed.

So maybe it is in my best intrest for them to screw up! haha

ZACATECANO82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I Was In The Same Boat As You Are. Its Been 6 Sixs Since I Ordered My 07 Ext And No News Yet. I Stoped By The Dealer And They Said It Hasnt Been Built Yet. I Guess They Start Building Them In Mexico And There Closed For 2 Weeks. My Sales Is Guessing Another Month Which Im Guessing Will Be More. He Said There Are Currently No Restrictions On Any Items. Hope This Helps.

I think they build the Escalades in Arlington and the EXT's in Mexico.
    Either way I think i'm going to stop calling and emailing them and see what happens. Thanks to all for the posts.

RANGER 66 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

I finally got my truck on tuesday. I ordered mine at the end of March. I think your only recourse is to wait or check with other dealers to see if they have any in stock with the options you want. I talked to several dealers while waiting for my truck and they had one or two sitting on the lot unsold so there might be one two around in your area.

RLTW

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.