07 Escalade DVD/NAV/Voice Command Complaints - Looking for Help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 Escalade DVD/NAV/Voice Command Complaints - Looking for Help in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi guys, We just got our new 07 a couple of weeks ago and overall we've been very impressed. BUT, ...
    bhuskins is offline Cadillac Owners Member

07 Escalade DVD/NAV/Voice Command Complaints - Looking for Help

Hi guys,

We just got our new 07 a couple of weeks ago and overall we've been very impressed. BUT, the DVD/NAV has me concerned. I figure I would post here to see what others have seen as well.

Issues:

1. Lots of the NAV controls blank out once your moving. I can understand the concern for safety, but there should be an override for when a passenger is present or have a hidden way to set it to work all the time that requires a liability release or something. It's really a drag to have to pull over to reset the NAV.

2. This blanking of menu items while driving proliferates itself into the radio controls as well. You can't search the XM stations while driving which is not great either. Is it really safer to search one station at a time while driving?

3. The voice recognition works pretty good until you try to say individual station names for XM, FM or AM. It definitely works better if you say satellite instead of XM, but the numbers for the stations never seem to work. Have you guys seen anything that works consistently? For fox news should you say "one three one", "one thirty-one" or "one hundred thirty-one"?

4. This is probably the least of my concerns but it would be nice for the passenger to be able to watch a DVD while driving. I don't want to add another DVD player and hack into the NAV to do it either.

Have you guys seen other "limitations/restrictions" while driving?

Hopefully I don't find many more.

Thanks for the responses in advance.

Brent

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chopper9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 07 Escalade DVD/NAV/Voice Command Complaints - Looking for Help

Yea, these are all a pain in the ass, but I am sure someone, somewhere is working on the hack. Too many people will have these cars in the next few years for there not to be one. Hang tight....

LemonTwist is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV 2007

It will definately have to be aftermarket work as all your complaints are "working as intended" according to the Caddy brochure.

Its not limited to GM either .. my Chrysler product has those same issues on its Navi/Entertainment system. They fear the liability of you having an accident due to being distracted.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by LemonTwist
    It will definately have to be aftermarket work as all your complaints are "working as intended" according to the Caddy brochure.

Its not limited to GM either .. my Chrysler product has those same issues on its Navi/Entertainment system. They fear the liability of you having an accident due to being distracted.
    That is correct. However, many and most companies have an agreement you must accept everytime the car is turned on. It is for liability concerns. Since you do agree to these terms, the car does not have to "shade out" certain areas at all. The Mercedes navigation system is fully operational while driving so changing routes or plugging in an address is not a problem. It is all because the navigation system does warn you everytime the car is turned on. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Chopper9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would of rather had the warning!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.