07 ESV Spare Wheel Well Maximum Rim size
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 ESV Spare Wheel Well Maximum Rim size in Cadillac Escalade Forums; All, I have an 07 ESV on order (since May 31) with the 22" rims, and am concerned about what ...
    Silverbuell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV

Question 07 ESV Spare Wheel Well Maximum Rim size

All,

I have an 07 ESV on order (since May 31) with the 22" rims, and am concerned about what happens if I get a flat tire on a trip, since the ESV comes with a 17" spare.

Does anyone know if the spare tire well will accept the 22" rim & tire?

Thanks!

Tim in Virginia

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: 07 ESV Spare Wheel Well Maximum Rim size

Tim, I don't think there is enough room to put a full size spare in that area, the stock spare is about the same overall diameter as the stock tires either 18" or 22" . I carry a small compressor, two cans of Fix-a-Flat and a plug kit in case of a problem, that and a cell phone.

bass10after is offline Cadillac Owners Member

it won't make a difference what spare you have....you wouldn't want to put a nice rim under your truck where the spare goes anyway. I just had a flat in my o3 esv and when i pulled out the spare from under the truck and put it on my mom started making fun of caddy because she thought they should give me a spare that didn't look like it had cement on it. hahah. i told her the spare didn't have cement- it was mud because its stored under the car and exposed to whatever the car drives over. my point is that a spare will get you home and thankfully its a full size spare...i drove over 100 miles to get home after my freeway blowout. once home get a new tire for your nice rim and put that ugly duckling of a spare back where it belongs. its called a spare tire because you hopefully don't need it...in my 10 years of car ownership this is the first spare i've ever had to put on and it sucked and i've been drinking beers and this post is too freakin long. sorry

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

The only time I have seen this is on Hummer's and the Mercedes G-Class. I saw a couple of H2's and H3's with the matching rim on the back of the truck to match the wheels. I have also seen this on a Mercedes G-Class. Keep in mind that these are trucks that have the tire on the rear door, not underneath. I would think that the rim on the spare was more for the look than for the need. I think it is a waste for an Escalade. You will only be using your spare for a couple of days.

Thanks.

All,

Thanks for your thoughtful replies. I like the idea of a couple of cans of Fix a Flat and a small compressor. I once picked up a nail and had to use my spare on my 03 suburban, so really want to have usable spare is important to me.

My plan, as long as it fits, is to buy a cheap 22" rim and decent tire to carry as a spare as trip insurance. At least I will be able to continue and finish a trip if needed.

Thanks to all for replying.

TIm in Virginia
    07 ESV on order (May 31)
    05 Escalade ESV
    05 Dodge Magnum RT

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbuell
    My plan, as long as it fits, is to buy a cheap 22" rim and decent tire to carry as a spare as trip insurance. At least I will be able to continue and finish a trip if needed.

Thanks to all for replying.

TIm in Virginia
    07 ESV on order (May 31)
    05 Escalade ESV
    05 Dodge Magnum RT
    You are aware the spare is already a full size tire and the rim is not necessary at all. You can drive as much as you want on the spare, meaning you can finish your trip. Rims are just for looks on the truck and are not needed at all. The tire height between the 22" rim and the spare are exactly the same meaning you will have no driving restrictions with either. Good luck and I hope this helps. Just trying to save you from wasting some money.

Thanks.

Cadillac Fan,

I was not aware that the outer diameter of the spare was the same as the optional 22" tires and I apprecaite your taking time to explain it to me.

Have a great 4th of July holiday!

Tim in Virginia

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.