'07 - How to watch DVD on Navigation?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, '07 - How to watch DVD on Navigation? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Has anyone figured out how to allow the Navigation play DVD movies as your driving? Once you shift the truck ...
    thecloser is offline Cadillac Owners Member

'07 - How to watch DVD on Navigation?

Has anyone figured out how to allow the Navigation play DVD movies as your driving? Once you shift the truck out of park the screen goes blank and you can't see the movie anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LemonTwist is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV 2007

Re: '07 - How to watch DVD on Navigation?

working as intended ... says so right in the brochure.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

For safety reasons you can not drive and watch a DVD, I am sure someone will have a kit out to "fix" than problem very soon

That is what I was wondering about...if anyone has a fix or a kit for this yet.

v-ape is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (did) CTS-V

In the CTS-V there is a 2-button combination to press that puts the Caddie in a "diagnostic mode" of some sort. You can continue to play the DVD while driving and can control the volume, however you lose all other controls. The DVD will just play. If you take it out of that mode it will give the warning msg and the video will disappear.

Jeff Koppelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anyone make a device to get around the taking out of park yet.

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

If you get a wiring schematic for the back of the radio you may be able to splice a couple of the wires or but a wire on a switch to allow the movie to play.. I know on my 06 I had to cut a wire and put it on a switch.. i believe it was the vss wire or something.. I can input destinations while driving.. so maybe on the 07's it will allow the movies to play..

Once you put the vehicle in park the screen goes blank. Has anyone figured out what wire it is to put a switch in line?

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd
    If you get a wiring schematic for the back of the radio you may be able to splice a couple of the wires or but a wire on a switch to allow the movie to play.. I know on my 06 I had to cut a wire and put it on a switch.. i believe it was the vss wire or something.. I can input destinations while driving.. so maybe on the 07's it will allow the movies to play..
    Very interested in the work you did on the 2006. I have a 2005 touchscreen navigation unit and I hate how I have to pull over to input the destinations. Is the job easy or should I bring it to a shop?

Thanks.

Tdar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Hate to break the bad news to you but on a 07 just "moving a wire" is not going to fix this.. It's all under computer control. It's going to take software changes- or a really good fake out job!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.