07 subwoofers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 subwoofers in Cadillac Escalade Forums; i just called to the audio store to ask how much time they would take connecting the system they told ...
    CadillacGrillz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2 escalade 07

07 subwoofers

i just called to the audio store to ask how much time they would take connecting the system they told me 7 hrs dont u guys think its a bit to much i mean its only 1 amp and 4 15's i was actually thinking of selling the speakers but ill just have em on until then

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bass10after is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 07 subwoofers

that sounds really suspicious to me. i had a suburban and i waited in the lobby of my car audio store while they hooked up my amp 2 tens and rewired the car for all the highs to run off that amp. I wired my prievious car (4runner) myself in less then 7 hours -thats installing 4 new speakers all around and 2 tweeters with crossovers and two 10s and an amp as well and i had never wired a car before. I would think the only reasons for that amount of time might be if you want to keep your stock head unit and intigrate that amp and speaks to go with your factory setup, or if they are concerned about removing trim pieces they aren't familiar with and want to pad in some learning curve time. i guess it would depend on if you're keeping the factory deck or not. if not it would be much easier for them if you are its a pretty complex car to figure out as far as the audio system is concerned

strykr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If possible try to have the car in view at all times. Most of these shops have the work area in the rear of the shop... try to hang out in the back just so they know you are watching them. Ive heard of some shops copying keys and using the address you give them only to steal your car weeks later right under your nose... just be careful!!!!

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

7hrs is too much to run the wires and hook it up to the stereo

Don Gerig is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

I have an 07 and have almost finshed putting subwoofers in it. I use to be a professional installer. Seven hours is not that far off. It is a bit of a complicated install due to tne new interior. No space for an amp which means you have to find a location to hide it, tapping into the factory system takes a bit of time, ect. ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Gerig
    I have an 07 and have almost finshed putting subwoofers in it. I use to be a professional installer. Seven hours is not that far off. It is a bit of a complicated install due to tne new interior. No space for an amp which means you have to find a location to hide it, tapping into the factory system takes a bit of time, ect. ect.
    im going to leave the amp ontop of the sub box and i mean its only one amp thats why im thinking 7hr is alot

hey don were r u gonna put the amp

Rey Rey 650 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by strykr
    If possible try to have the car in view at all times. Most of these shops have the work area in the rear of the shop... try to hang out in the back just so they know you are watching them. Ive heard of some shops copying keys and using the address you give them only to steal your car weeks later right under your nose... just be careful!!!!
    Never ever ever give these guys your address..... Take out all personal shit out of your glove.... Roll there with no plates too

Rey Rey 650 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by strykr
    double

good thing i live 1 hr away from the car audio store and i already got no license plate on so im good to go

Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Rey 650
    Never ever ever give these guys your address..... Take out all personal shit out of your glove.... Roll there with no plates too

hey got my system hooked up took 6 hrs they had to make a small console in the middle looks stock it hides the amp and some other stuff stayed there all the time jajajaja

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.