Ride/control comparison between 02-06 to the 07's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Ride/control comparison between 02-06 to the 07's in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My main reasons for wanting a new 07 is the upgrades to the whole vehicle as far as the steering/suspension/performance ...
    Dif
    Dif is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Question Ride/control comparison between 02-06 to the 07's

My main reasons for wanting a new 07 is the upgrades to the whole vehicle as far as the steering/suspension/performance items.
    I'm curious to hear from owners that traded up from a 02-06 Escalade to an 07.
    Aside from the few bugs in a new vehicle it seems everyone that has a new 07 really like them and I would think they should with the new features/suspension etc.

I would think it is a "Lot" better but there seems to be almost no posts in reference to how much better they are.

With the new Rack and Pinion steering and total upgrade to suspension and all ... how does the 07 compare to the older models.
    In comparison... how would you rate the Ride and control/overall performance of the new 07.

Do you feel it is a Lot better or just a little better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Uria702 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade black w/ navi

Re: Ride/control comparison between 02-06 to the 07's

i test drove it the steering isnt as loose as the 02-06 which makes for a much better handeling vehicle. the escalade always feels like its gonna loose control and hit something.

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

on my 02 I put poly uthrane bushings also I tighted the rack and adjusted the set back a little tighter. It feels like my porsche tight. Do this and any truck will feel tighter. Also if keep the 17 on any truck the better it ride the bigger rim the less rubber you get on the tire the harder the ride.

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    on my 02 I put poly uthrane bushings also I tighted the rack and adjusted the set back a little tighter. It feels like my porsche tight. Do this and any truck will feel tighter. Also if keep the 17 on any truck the better it ride the bigger rim the less rubber you get on the tire the harder the ride.
    Commas!

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Synergetic
    Commas!
    Haha!

Thanks.

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

im. lazy.

Cadillade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond EXT

I have found that having an alignment done helps with the loose steering. My EXT is only a year old and after the work, I noticed that the steering is not as loose when I first got it.

Uria702 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade black w/ navi

hwy dont you look at the infinity qx you can save money and have a better/more up to date vehicle with alot more safety features and security

Cadillade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond EXT

The QX is a fabulous vehicle, but there's no pickup version like the EXT. I don't think the QX has the air ride don't they? I think they have just the rear-load leveling. At any rate, the QX is a couple of years old and hopefully they got the kinks out. I wish Infiniti has a dealership in Alaska for me to test it out.

AWF_AXIS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've had an '01 Denali and '05 Denali, which has the same suspension as the Escalade. Engine is a bit less, but both vehicles are similar.

My opinion is the '07 is far superior to the previous generation. Rack and Pinion steering, fronts strut suspension (no more torsion bars), and a firmer rear suspension, make it feel so much better. I did a small drop and did not feel any changes in the ride quality (rear only, to level the truck).

The Denalis both felt like cow's on roller-skates, with both stock and larger tires. In fact, the larger tires made the truck seek hi-low spots in the road.

The '07 is not affected by the road conditions (with factory 22's), and although a firmer ride, its provides a better driving experience.

My only complaint is that the seats don't have very good side bolstering like the previous seats, and so I feel like I'm sliding when cornering.

Dave

Dif
    Dif is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Wink Re: Ride/control comparison between 02-06 to the 07's

Quote Originally Posted by AWF_AXIS
    I've had an '01 Denali and '05 Denali, which has the same suspension as the Escalade. Engine is a bit less, but both vehicles are similar.

My opinion is the '07 is far superior to the previous generation. Rack and Pinion steering, fronts strut suspension (no more torsion bars), and a firmer rear suspension, make it feel so much better. I did a small drop and did not feel any changes in the ride quality (rear only, to level the truck).

The Denalis both felt like cow's on roller-skates, with both stock and larger tires. In fact, the larger tires made the truck seek hi-low spots in the road.

The '07 is not affected by the road conditions (with factory 22's), and although a firmer ride, its provides a better driving experience.

My only complaint is that the seats don't have very good side bolstering like the previous seats, and so I feel like I'm sliding when cornering.

Dave
    Thanks Dave, exactly what I wanted to know.
    I also hear you on the seats. I haven't had time to drive one yet but when I did sit in one.. it was the first thing I noticed.
    No side/lateral support and the adjustment did nothing.
    Thanks again,
    Frank

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.