07 Escalade ESV lowering?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 Escalade ESV lowering? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm about ready to purchase a new ESV but would like to lower it without making the ride to harsh. ...
    kinkade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

07 Escalade ESV lowering?

I'm about ready to purchase a new ESV but would like to lower it without making the ride to harsh. I've read about Ground Force and Eibach. Which do you recomend. I'll be using 22" wheels . Are there anyother manufacturers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jamesmbond is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 07 Escalade ESV lowering?

From experience with a 2002 Escalade, the Ground Force package will ride like a friggin' rock--I had it removed and McGaughy's put in which rode more like the factory ride.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmbond
    From experience with a 2002 Escalade, the Ground Force package will ride like a friggin' rock--I had it removed and McGaughy's put in which rode more like the factory ride.
    This is correct. McGaughy's will give you the smoothest and closest ride to stock. I have a 2005 Escalade with 22's and will probably go with the McGaughy's 2/3" Kit after the summer. I have also looked into Eibach, but decided on McGaughy's because of all the good reviews.

Thanks.

2007 ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

mikes kit is the best out i have had 6 lowered lades both groundfource and mikes

JOEZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Disregard.

Thumbs up Re: 07 Escalade ESV lowering?

Did the McGaughy's 2/3 drop.. installed it myself... Simple and effective. Ride and handling are not quite Z06 like , but the best handling ride I have ever experienced in a vehicle over 5K pounds... Only 10 miles so so I am still settling out, but so far I don't notice any degradation in ride quality over stock... (Keep in mind my other ride is a Z06 with a T-1 suspension and it does not get much firmer than that. ;-) ) Outstanding kit.

TIPS on McGaughy's....into an 2007 Escalade

*You may freak out on the test ride before alignment... Don't panic.

Tools:
    * 35MM axle nut on the 4x4.... it's tight, I had to tap it on.
    * 1/2" drive sockets and box wrenches to 24mm, lots of 15, 18, 19, 22 and 24mm.
    * Recommended, but not needed: tap kit to put in a threaded removable bolt into ABS sensor mount. Kit comes with a self tap screw and hole.
    *The first wheel took me 3 hours, the second 1 hour and the rears 45minutes for both... The instructions talk about removing the front CV axle... don't do that. Getting the OEM spindle off is easy, leave the axle on. Pull the lower A-ARM... Takes 10 minutes and worth it. You have to align anyway so no big deal. The mildly tricky part to the install is the cutting and you don't want to get yourself painted into a corner where you can't back off on an upper or lower arm bolt once you have grinded off the excess (loses the hollow tap in the stud to hold against rotation). The instructions talk about putting the upper A arm and lower A arm on first, then the CV... I could not make that happen with the axle installed (and presumably why they say to remove it)... Better order: Upper, then CV and the lower last.... but this is only possible if you pull the lower arm. This made grinding the uppper A-Arm bolt down a piece of cake and safe.

My only recommendations/ mild complaints on the kit......

1) Directions for bending the linkage sensors with a vice or vice grips is kinda bush league for a 65K SUV. I would have gladly paid a few more $ for them to be included in the kit and the correct length.

2) Self tapping screw for the ABS sensor mount to the spindle... Tap the hole and put in a real bolt like the OEM spindle.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by JOEZ06
    Did the McGaughy's 2/3 drop.. installed it myself... Simple and effective. Ride and handling are not quite Z06 like , but the best handling ride I have ever experienced in a vehicle over 5K pounds... Only 10 miles so so I am still settling out, but so far I don't notice any degradation in ride quality over stock... (Keep in mind my other ride is a Z06 with a T-1 suspension and it does not get much firmer than that. ;-) ) Outstanding kit.
    Congratulations on the new kit. Please post some pictures of your 2007 when you get a chance. Did you do any other upgrades or modifications yet? Enjoy your new Escalade.

Thanks.

Thanks 05, will do... !

If anyone out there has part information on the rear link sensors that McGaughy's recommends bending, please post the part numbers and PM me. I have not done this (no codes blown, yet) and I think I am going to modify a new set to the correct and same size, vice the "just bend them" approach... Keeping the stock pair, just in case I snap one... ;-)

AWF_AXIS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You can move the mount on the arm, and get the same result. Unscrew the bottom rod connector, and screw it into the OTHER hole that is not used. Then, unbolt the whole bracket, and move it along the link-arm over the little bump (toward the front of the vehicle). When you rest the bracket against the bump, this is 2" of lowering.

I put in a Hotchkiss rear lowering spring set, and it included two shorter rods, but I had already moved this around to attain the "perfect" height.

Dave

Lightning is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can you guys post any pics or direct me to some '07's lowered? Thanks.

parexa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    Can you guys post any pics or direct me to some '07's lowered? Thanks.
    Check out http://www.groundforce.com/escalade/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.