Any 07 Escalade owners install a viper or clifford?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Any 07 Escalade owners install a viper or clifford? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; If you have had the above installed, please let me know. I'm having problems in finding someone who will do ...
    esv007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Any 07 Escalade owners install a viper or clifford?

If you have had the above installed, please let me know.
    I'm having problems in finding someone who will do it as they don't have experience with doing the job or are afraid because of the electronics. I'd like to get feedback who has done it and it works and perhaps a contact number for the shop so I can call them.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DarrylDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Re: Any 07 Escalade owners install a viper or clifford?

Hey, I picked up my 07 ESV last Monday and I too want more security than the factory system offers. I was speaking with a guy at the alarm shop where I had my windows tinted, and he said it is best to wait until 3rd party alarm installers get more aquainted with the revamped 07 electronics because you could seriously compromise your vehicles existing system (not to mentioned warranty) and create problems unless the Viper/Clifford guy knows exactly what he is doing and knows all about the current electronics. I decided to wait and let a few others be guinea pigs before I let some "confident installer" screw with my system.

But clearly since this truck is atop the most stolen list, there is more we need as added protection. specificallly motion/tilt sensors because right now a tow truck can snatch the vehicle with no problem. I'd also like proximity sensors, glass break detectors and most of all a 2 way remote so if someone is tampering with my truck I will know it. But I only want this if someone know exactly how to intergrate it without messing up any existing features of my factory alarm system.

Please be sure to post if any one learns of any info and I will do the same.

Thanks
    -Darryl

Re: Any 07 Escalade owners install a viper or clifford?

Here's the latest scoop with me:

Took it to a dealer who was the only dealer (alarm) who took the time to explain all. In any case I left the 07 Escalade with him and he installed the Viper however, the problem with the 07 is that Directed (Company that makes Viper and Clifford alarms) doesn't have the module out for the 07 escalades that allows them to hook up the door unlocks etc easily. Apprently the 06 module WILL NOT work and directed advises 60-90 days for the new module to come out! So the dealer said they could hardwire to the door locks. At 8:30 PM he called to say they got the back doors to unlock but not the front doors. He was going to try again in AM when his techs were fresh.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

It's very frustating in having a new car and for products not to be available for it!

Great news! The dealer finally installed the viper! The only thing he couldn't hookup at this time was the kill/starter switch. He said we have to wait until a module or more specs come out. However, everything else is working. He spent over 13 hrs on the escalade. He told me he may be the first to fully install everything except for the kill/starter switch in an 07 Escalade.

I also have it hooked up to a GPS system and within 45 secs of the alarm going off it calls and emails me. COOL!

GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE THAT ATTEMPTS IT and ENSURE you get a good installer that will communicate with you! This is ONE job you won't want to go with the lowest guy!

Shundy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello,

Sounds good man ! I have the same alarm and was thinking of getting the GPS. Do you have the model number of the GPS system as well as the manufacturer ? How much did the GPS run you by itself ? I look forward to the info !

Thanks,
    Shundy

I went with www.thewitness.net as this is the first thing I got before alarm. There support is excellent and they will find a local dealer for you. It appears to be the same software that Viper GPS uses (saw my dealer demo the Viper GPS software and screens look the same) I know my dealer was trying trying to sell the viper software for about $600 installed. The thewitness.net goes for $429 + install. The key thing is to look at the "hits" as each hit costs money. thewitness.net lowest price costs you .45 each hit.

Sweet ! What made you decide to go with The Witness over others ? Price ?

Thanks,
    Shundy

Well I went with the Witness before I had the viper....
    Also the fact that they offered onsite mobile install was a plus, however, they learned that a onsite mobile install with an 07 is not possible because it is much different from other years. However, they located a local shop and I brought it there.
    I also believe pricing is cheaper with the witness and your credits can roll over when you renew your 1,2 or 3 year plan. Not sure if the viper plan does this.
    However, if you looking to get a viper you should compare the costs of doing the gps with it vs thewitness. I personally have had great support from thewitness company which is important with customer service.

That sounds great man ! I have the Viper 791XV with a bunch of extras including :

Backup Battery Siren
    Air Horns
    Mini Piezo Inside Siren
    Total of 2 Shock Sensors-Front and Back
    Digital Tilt Motion Sensor
    Audio/Glass Break Sensor
    Backup Battery
    3 Total LED's

So, it looks like the only other thing I need is a GPS system : ) I'm definitely gonna research The Witness since I now know they have great customer service, etc. Thanks for all of the help !

Regards,
    Shundy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.